Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 134
  1. #101
    JudithElle
    Guest

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    Hi Sminchie...good luck on the challenge. Don't know where you are now in NROF4W but I just finished Stage 5 yesterday. I am definitely going to try out Stage 6. I want to be able to do a few chinups by the end of the challenge.

    *sub*

  2. #102

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    Quote Originally Posted by "JudithElle":2liun4zh
    Hi Sminchie...good luck on the challenge. Don't know where you are now in NROF4W but I just finished Stage 5 yesterday. I am definitely going to try out Stage 6. I want to be able to do a few chinups by the end of the challenge.

    *sub*
    Hello! I'm a few workouts into stage 5. I kind of took a little break and did some random lifting, but I am back and determined to finish it.

    I am back from vacation. We had a fantastic time. I love escaping winter for even just a week or so. Eating was not great. I mean, it wasn't awful, but I wasn't counting calories or anything and I had more dessert than usual. We did lots of active things and I did get a few gym workouts in as well. I haven't weighed myself yet, but I know I've gained. I kind of expected to gain a little over vacation. Luckily, I didn't gain any weight over the holidays. So the first month of the challenge will not be great for me. C'est la vie, eh?

    The good news is I am ready to get back on track. I do feel so much better when I eat well. I hope January is going well for everyone else!

  3. #103
    JudithElle
    Guest

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    Glad to see you back and you enjoyed your vacation. I was on a staycation last week...didn't escape winter but did get a break from work, which is always a nice treat.

    So now it's back to work for both of us.

  4. #104

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    Welcome back! Lots of time left for progress before the end of the challenge. Vacations should be spent relaxing, not stressing over every little gram, imo.

  5. #105

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    Quote Originally Posted by "Sminchie":j11w0ac4
    ...The good news is I am ready to get back on track. I do feel so much better when I eat well. I hope January is going well for everyone else!
    awesome!! Welcome back on the wagon.

  6. #106

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    Welcome back!

  7. #107

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    Quote Originally Posted by "JudithElle":1rljq2nt
    Glad to see you back and you enjoyed your vacation. I was on a staycation last week...didn't escape winter but did get a break from work, which is always a nice treat.

    So now it's back to work for both of us.
    I think I need a staycation to recover from my vacation. Going places is fun, but sometimes you just need to relax.

    Quote Originally Posted by "nutbar":1rljq2nt
    Welcome back! Lots of time left for progress before the end of the challenge. Vacations should be spent relaxing, not stressing over every little gram, imo.
    I agree! I weighed myself today for the first time and I've gained less than 2 pounds. Since I am also on my period, I am counting that as a win!

    Quote Originally Posted by "pintobean":1rljq2nt
    awesome!! Welcome back on the wagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by "daisy2010":1rljq2nt
    Welcome back!
    Thanks guys!!

  8. #108

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    I was never a fan of vacations, they were too stressful for me. Then I told hubby, if we're going on vacation, I don't want to do anything but lay around. Then, they worked.

    Good job on keep it together.

  9. #109
    JudithElle
    Guest

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    Quote Originally Posted by "daisy2010":yfvvxdyg
    I was never a fan of vacations, they were too stressful for me. Then I told hubby, if we're going on vacation, I don't want to do anything but lay around. Then, they worked.

    Good job on keep it together.
    I know what you mean daisy. I have friends that go to cottages on Lake Huron every summer. I've tried it and while it's nice you have to pack up everything you want to take, you still have to cook and do dishes and you have to tidy up the sand from the floors every night. And of course who has to do this all??? Yeah that's right...muggins here. :tongue

  10. #110

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    Quote Originally Posted by "JudithElle":3ctgqgtd
    I know what you mean daisy. I have friends that go to cottages on Lake Huron every summer. I've tried it and while it's nice you have to pack up everything you want to take, you still have to cook and do dishes and you have to tidy up the sand from the floors every night. And of course who has to do this all??? Yeah that's right...muggins here. :tongue
    Just like camping . I agree, SO many times I need a vacation after I come back from my vacation.

  11. #111

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    Getting back to real life is exhausting. I'm ready for a weekend. It looks like we may be getting some snow, and being snowed n actually sounds kind of perfect.

    Yesterday's workout--50 min cardio. Not too intense or exciting.

    Today's workout:

    BB dead-lift/ bent-over row 4/50 4/60 4/60
    partial single-leg squat 4/20 4/20 4/20
    wide grip lat pull down 3 x 4/62.5 + the extra weight (not sure what it is)
    back extension 3 x 4/20
    YTWL 3 x 4/24
    swiss ball crunch 3 x 4/30
    hip flexion 3 x 4
    lateral flexion 3 x 4
    prone cobra 2 x 120 seconds

    I could probably go up in weight on some of these--4 reps seems like an awkward amount to me. I cannot go up in weight on the YTWL, though, because yikes that is hard. I'm leaving the intervals until tomorrow--ran out of time this morning.

  12. #112

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    24 pounds on the YTWL? Is that each, or total? Either way...

  13. #113

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    Quote Originally Posted by "ZeeSparrow":iopu4mzc
    24 pounds on the YTWL? Is that each, or total? Either way...
    I have the same question. That's impressive .
    Your workout is looking really great.

  14. #114

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    Quote Originally Posted by "ZeeSparrow":2g1dznnf
    24 pounds on the YTWL? Is that each, or total? Either way...
    haha...all the numbers are total. I wish I were lifting 24s on that!! Maybe someday?


    Quote Originally Posted by "pintobean":2g1dznnf
    I have the same question. That's impressive .
    Your workout is looking really great.
    Thanks!!

    I am having a tired and hungry day today. I overslept this morning and meant to go to the gym tonight instead (always a terrible plan for me), but it seems we are having some serious snow. AND, I'm still tired and hungry. I'll go tomorrow. Tomorrow is a new day!

  15. #115

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    Last week's workouts: 1 yoga session, 1 lifting (non-NRWLW), 2 cardio days. We've had three snow storms in the past 10 days and getting to the gym and some heavy weights has been HARD. But its okay.. because its almost spring, right? right??

    So I'm trying my best to stick to my schedule this week regardless of weather. Yesterday I drove to the gym (in some very annoying snow) to do this workout:

    One arm DB snatch 4/20lbs x 3
    DB single leg DL 4/40lbs x 3
    barbell bent over row 4/60lbs x 3
    DB single arm overhead squat 4/ 30lbs and 15 lbs x 3
    DB incline bench press 4/40lbs x 3
    plank 3 x 120 seconds
    reverse wood chop 4/ 30lbs x 3

    body weight matrix x 2

    run/walk for 20 min

    I hate, hate, HATE the body weight matrix. I think I dread this workout because of it. Its good for me though, I can tell by the soreness today. Also, I try not to think too much about how I look at the gym, but I know I look like an idiot doing those jump lunges. I have some pretty awful balance. More to improve upon, eh?

    Also, eating is okay. Weight last week was 143, so I lost the vacay weight. Haven't weighed since, but trying to stay on track!

  16. #116

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    Last week's workouts
    Monday: NRWLW (above), run/walk
    Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday: Kickboxing (45min)
    Thursday: Kickboxing (45 min)
    Friday: non NRWLW lifting
    Saturday: Yoga

    Hopefully I'll be better able to make to the gym this week so I can get 2 NRWLW workouts in.

  17. #117

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    Those YTWLs are really impressive! I couldn't get past the 10 lbs DBs. Nicely done, strong lady!

  18. #118

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    Quote Originally Posted by "Sminchie":3vs4wgza
    ...I hate, hate, HATE the body weight matrix. I think I dread this workout because of it. Its good for me though, I can tell by the soreness today. Also, I try not to think too much about how I look at the gym, but I know I look like an idiot doing those jump lunges. I have some pretty awful balance. More to improve upon, eh?

    Also, eating is okay. Weight last week was 143, so I lost the vacay weight. Haven't weighed since, but trying to stay on track!
    You said it sister! Those are killer. I'm doing the same thing right now and it takes me forever to recover from workout A cuz of the matrix. My balance is terrible too and I know I look like a dork doing the jump lunges. But, I do it at home. Are you doing walk/run on the same day right after your weights/body matrix? More power to you .

    Awesome! on losing the vacay weight!

  19. #119

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    I've been neglecting my log for, oh, about 6 weeks or so. But I'm back. Part of my April goals is to actually log my wokouts.

    This week, I didn't work out that much. It was a blah week. I ran 3 times, and did some random lifting at the gym today. Planning to get back on the NRWLFW wagon next week.

    Happy weekend!

  20. #120

    Sminchie's Fall Challenge Log

    log update!!

    I'm still here. Last week's workouts: I went for 3 runs, about 3 miles each. One crosstraining cardio day at the gym.....NO lifting! I don't know what is with me. I think I just want to be outside.

    This week so far:
    Sun: 1 hr cardio (elliptical and bike)
    Mon: Rest
    Tue: 1 hr pilates class, 30 min elliptical
    Today: meant to run, ended up grocery shopping. Life gets in the way!

    Tomorrow I plan on lifting. Really. Now that I've put it in print it will happen, right?

    Food has been so-so. Last week was my birthday so you can imagine what that entailed. Booze and cake. I'm recovered now though :-)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •