Thread: Dropping BF% for Ectomorph-Lifting or HIIT

Ctrain

Dropping BF% for Ectomorph-Lifting or HIIT

I did a pretty good job of bulking up the past nine months and have started to cut. Last summer I was 178 at 6%BF. This summer I am at 210 and about 12%. I cut out my 500 calories MRPs I had everyday but am still eating a lot of clean food. Currently I am doing a four day a week strength program by Ian King and doing two HIIT sessions a week. I have done this for two or three weeks and have not lost any weight. I want to drop BF so I am proceeding cautiously, but since I am an ectomorph is there something I am missing? Should I add another HIIT or change my lifting? I use to train with boxers and had minimal BF but was also not as muscularly dense. That is always an alternative but I would prefer to keep the muscle.

Ctrain

I know Bill Hartman just wrote a great article about BF loss in "Men's Fitness." Will this work for an ectomorph?

Ctrain- Perhpas try dropping a few more calories OR doing 1 less day of HIIT. Try one at a time and see which technique works better for you in terms of losing fat, yet retaining muscle.

Have you recalculated your basal caloric intake to account for the extra weight you have gained?

Just a thought.

Mahler
    In Fitness & Friendship,
    MAHLER

Member of the Million Pound Club - Deadlift 4,450 x 225

Ctrain

When I was bulking I was taking in no less than 6,000 calories a day. For the summer I have an office type job so I probably only eat MAX about 3,000 calories a day. I snack on almonds during the day and am using every other BF trick in the book. I thought that since my metabolism is so fast the BF would drop quicker. That is why I am really confused.

PArrow

Losing weight and losing body fat are not the same thing. Isn't the holy grail losing body fat while at the same time maintaining or growing muscle? Maybe you've hit that ideal spot where you are losing body fat, building muscle, and as a result, maintaining the same weight. In any event is you are interested in body fat, measure body fat, not weight.

Ctrain

I have definition of my upper abs with a LITTLE fat on them. Yet there is fat around my bellybutton covering my lower abs. That is what is being extremely difficult.

Ctrain

I have definition of my upper abs with a LITTLE fat on them. Yet there is fat around my bellybutton covering my lower abs. That is what is being extremely difficult.