Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Phitz

Amazon - "Scrawny to Brawny" now available?

I just clicked on the link to this book someone posted in another thread, and it looks like it has gone from pre-order only to "Add to shopping cart". Does this mean it's officially released? Anyone able to pick up a copy yet?

Unfortunately, Amazon Japan still has it on pre-order only...

Amazon link

Yup it's been released, I can order it...Est. ship date is March 28, 2005.

APAOps5

I ordered mine and will get it Mon the 28th it is on its way as I type.

Mike M

Yep, it's available guys!

The website (http://www.scrawnytobrawny.com) will also be up and running any day now. We'll have lots of original content, Q & A's by me and John and even contests where you could win a year's worth of training and nutritional consultation from us.

I hope you guys enjoy the book.

Mike

Phitz

That's great news! I've been really looking forward to this book. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I may have made a mistake by pre-ordering from Amazon-Japan rather than the US site, though. It still has the estimated delivery date as April 1st, so it looks like I may have to wait just a bit longer as it slowly makes it's way across the Pacific...

In the meantime, I'll definitely be checking out the website!

Since it's now available, I posted my review and personal results here.

I can't wait to see this bad boy in print!

austintwo

Wow Johnka - that's incredible progress - 20 pounds in 12 weeks!! Excellent!

APAOps5

Mine was delivered today! Woohoo very excited to read it.

Mine came today also!!

Look Out Johnka, I too will be ripped like you!

Yeah, I wish...

its sux mine got delayed expect to get it between 4/05-4/09
    Sometimes only the struggle makes it worth it, only the pain makes it sweet, and only victory is the answer.-Unknown

Mine arrived today. Looks really good so far. I really love the idea of a self-assessment phase. Just glancing over the first 3 tests, I've discovered some minor problems in my shoulders and legs!
    This should be good!

Phitz

Wow, mine just showed up at the door today. Mike must have heard me complaining and paddled a copy over himself...

I'm very interested in the corrective Phase as well since I've been struggling to try and correct my spine curvature and pelvic tilt for some time now. I've just been able to thumb through the various sections, but it looks like it covers it all testing, corrective measures, stretching, the works. Good stuff!

Now, I'm torn... do I finish the last 4 Phases of HGM or do I jump in right away...

Life is full of tough choices...

On a kind of/sort of related sidenote:
    I'd highly recommend heading making an appointment with Mike himself if ever in the New York area! I had an hour session with him a while ago, and he followed up with a custom workout to help me correct some imbalances.
    Great, great stuff.

beLean

some posts on the book over there @ MH forum
    http://forums.menshealth.com/thread.jspa?threadID=173124&tstart=120

Jake

Hahaha--funny that some new guy was ragging on Mike about the promo.

I'm glad to see I haven't missed much over there.
    Past performance is not indicative of future success.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Proud Club House member since 2004

APAOps5

Man that forum is terrible. The only good that came of that place is that it directed me here.

Bulking Up

Mike and JB,
    Awesome book!!! I got mine on Tues. and just finished reading it this morning. The coolest part about it is that I did the tests and I realized I am probably not a true ectomorph. I have just recently started to eat right (enough food) and train smarter, and I am finally seeing great results (12 lb. gain in 3 months). THe book helped to validate a lot of what I am doing, and it gave me many more ideas and workouts that I am excited to try. If I have been successful already with what I have been doing, I can't wait to see what happens when I add "Scrawny to Brawny". I also really like the assessment phase. Thanks for the great book!
    BU

i got mine today seems pretty cool cant wait to start on the program and it was a few days early to
    Sometimes only the struggle makes it worth it, only the pain makes it sweet, and only victory is the answer.-Unknown

The web site is now up also.. scrawnytobrawny.com

But there is no Q&A forum yet. I thought Mike said in his previous post that there would be one. Maybe later I guess..