Thread: Hi, need some help

JaW

Hi, need some help

Hi ya, I was just wondering if someone could give me a workout that I will build strength and size quickly but i dont want to be to big.. I'm 150 5'7 and I gain muscle fairly easily..Some kind of split would be nice I am gonna be playing football for my school next year, and my school weight room is open Monday tuesday thursday and fridays.. Anyway, if you could hook me up that would be terrific [img]smile.gif[/img] im 15 by the way..

fitone

Hi, need some help

J- first welcome to this forum. Just so that you know this site also does have work-out programs for beginners. If you you click on workouts in the beginning of the web page you'll find it.

10iscoach

Hi, need some help

Sounds like you want to be training for strength and anaerobic power. The strength of a muscle is directly proportional to the amount of contractile protein in that muscle. Larger muscles have more contractile protein in them, thus are stronger. To stimulate growth of contractile protein, it is necessary to perform exercises which require very high muscle tensions. This is best achieved by lifting very heavy weights. When muscle cells are called upon to regularly produce great tension, certain structures within muscle cells (myofibrils) are stressed beyond normal limits. The muscle cell responds to the stress by increasing the number of myofibrils, so that it will improve its ability to tolerate the stress. As the muscle grows stronger, it will be necessary to increase the amount of weight lifted, so that the muscle is continually given a high quality training stimulus. the practice of increasing the amount of weight lifted to match the increases in strength has traditionally been called "progressive resistance training."
    In order to optimize strength gains through weight training, the following rules should be adhered to:

1. Training should be done at least three times per week.

2.The weight used should be so heavy that it limits maximum performance to 5-10 reps

3.At least 3 sets of 5-10 reps should be performed for each exercise

4.Sets should be done consecutively rather than in circuits

5.At least two minutes (but not more than three) of rest should be taken between sets.

Hi, need some help

Look at Bill Hartman's response to mm1snapper.