Thread: I cant believe Im doing this

Hybrid View

CC dad

I cant believe Im doing this

Last week I pulled a 315 lb deadlift. It was my first try at anything over 300 lb. Thats a 65 lb increase over what I could do when I first started doing them and 170 lb over my body weight. I always thought 400 lb would be out of reach for me but now I think I can do it. Look out big weights here I come!

Nice! Milestones are great, especially those which you never imagined you'd reach! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Very nice lift. You started deadlifting at 250?
    And major action will certainly make you feel a bit uncomfortable, which is absolutely fine. You've gotta get excited about feeling uncomfortable, you've gotta love feeling slightly uncomfortable, because you know that you're stepping outside the boundaries that you used to create.
    Zach Even-Esh

I've made some huge mistakes, but they were necessary, because without them I wouldn't have learned anything.
    -Dave Tate

CC dad

Matthew I spent about a week doing light weights and working on form. Then I looked for a max to base my workouts on and it was 250. I knew I had gotten a good bit stronger because I had worked my way up to doing 250 for reps.

For some reason the forum says you posted but when I click on the thread the last post is mine..
    Edit: oh there it is. That's a really good starting point, I started just below 100. Of course I was 16 and just started lifting weights, but still. Congratulations on your gains, it's a great feeling isn't it.
    And major action will certainly make you feel a bit uncomfortable, which is absolutely fine. You've gotta get excited about feeling uncomfortable, you've gotta love feeling slightly uncomfortable, because you know that you're stepping outside the boundaries that you used to create.
    Zach Even-Esh

I've made some huge mistakes, but they were necessary, because without them I wouldn't have learned anything.
    -Dave Tate

Bulking Up

Congratulation! That is awesome!
    BU

Whoa! You're a beast!
    www.youtube.com/jpfitness <--- My channel

Like us on Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/jpfitnessforums