Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My best bench yet!

My best bench yet!

Hey yovwmon,

Congratulations on your impressive gains, well done.

Do you think you could possibly provide a link or directions to the Fiber Blaster Workout you mentioned? I'm currently looking to increase my strength without gaining weight until my competition season is over, about 12 weeks. This sounds like it might be what I'm looking for. I need to keep my strength to weight ratio high. Thanks, and again, way to go.

My best bench yet!

No link, here is the workout, I had to type it out for someone else about a month ago, let me know how you like it.
    ------------------------------
    ------------------------------

- Fiber Blaster (Beach Body) Workout -

This workout consists of 4 days per week for a total of approximately 9 hours total working with a partner. Expect moderate muscle gains and fat loss, along with big strength gains.

Monday and Friday are lifting days The weight lifting portion of this program consists of 2 sets for all 12 exercises.
    Set 1: Lift the heaviest amount of weight you can 10 times, pausing on rep 4 and rep 6 for 15 seconds with the weight unloaded.
    Set 2: Lift the heaviest amount of weight you can 12 times without pauses, after completing all 12 reps your spotter immediately rips off 10-15% of the weight and you lift as many more as you can till total failure.

Weight lifting excersises:

Incline Barbell Bench Press
    Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
    Squats
    Knee Extensions
    Lying Leg Curls
    Seated Calf Press
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns
    Bent-over Dumbbell rows
    Seated incline dumbbell curls
    Skull Crushers
    Seated two are preacher curls
    Triceps push-down

Tuesday and Thursday are cardio The cardio portion of this program consists of 2 exercises per day along with some back and abdominal work.

I prefer to start with 3 sets of 10 on back extensions.

Note:The abdominal and back work do not require any pausing like the weight portion of the program.

Cardio:
    Start with a treadmill Do 10 one minute sprints with 30 seconds to one minute walking between. Immediately after you complete the treadmill work you will want to go into any exercise of your choice for 40 60 minutes (running, walking, rowing, bike, etc.) I prefer to do 2000m on the rowing machine than walk the rest of my workout out at a 4.5mph pace. When finished with the second exercise you will want to complete your workout with 2 abdominal exercises of your choice.

Back extensions 3 sets or 10 w/o added weight.
    Any 2 abdominal exercises of your choice 3 sets of 10

---------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------

Originally posted by spankdat:
    Hey yovwmon,

Congratulations on your impressive gains, well done.

Do you think you could possibly provide a link or directions to the Fiber Blaster Workout you mentioned? I'm currently looking to increase my strength without gaining weight until my competition season is over, about 12 weeks. This sounds like it might be what I'm looking for. I need to keep my strength to weight ratio high. Thanks, and again, way to go.
    [font=Comic Sans MS:36f3i5o3]yoVWmon's Milestone[/font:36f3i5o3]

My best bench yet!

Yovwmon,

Thanks alot, I really appreciate it. I do have a question that needs clarifying though. On Set 1, I'm not sure what you mean by "weight unloaded" when you pause. For example, if you were benching, does this mean do 4 reps, then pause for 15 seconds at the top or full extension, then do 2 more, pause again and then finish?

This sounds somewhat like a HIT (not to be confused with HIIT) workout I used to do a while back. I liked it and experienced pretty good results with it. It didn't have a drop or strip set in it though. I like drop sets, though they can be brutal, at least the way they're traditionally employed.

Also, how long is it recommended one sticks with this routine? Six, eight, ten weeks? And I assume we're talking straight sets here, not supersetting opposing muscle groups or anything.

Well, thanks again.

My best bench yet!

Unloaded - So you are not holding the weight, kind of like a 15 second brake.

I did this program for one month before switching it up and replacing the incline bench with the decline, etc. I still did the same workout, just different exercises.

No supersets here, just straight.

Let me know how it goes, I think you will like the results.

Originally posted by spankdat:
    Yovwmon,

Thanks alot, I really appreciate it. I do have a question that needs clarifying though. On Set 1, I'm not sure what you mean by "weight unloaded" when you pause. For example, if you were benching, does this mean do 4 reps, then pause for 15 seconds at the top or full extension, then do 2 more, pause again and then finish?

This sounds somewhat like a HIT (not to be confused with HIIT) workout I used to do a while back. I liked it and experienced pretty good results with it. It didn't have a drop or strip set in it though. I like drop sets, though they can be brutal, at least the way they're traditionally employed.

Also, how long is it recommended one sticks with this routine? Six, eight, ten weeks? And I assume we're talking straight sets here, not supersetting opposing muscle groups or anything.

Well, thanks again.

My best bench yet!

Anyone have a few good fat burning tips I could use in the weight room?
    Try incorporating combos, complexes, and hybrid exercises. The complexes will especially get you going.

Example:
    All done for 8-10 reps before moving to the next movement....try 3-4 sets of this 'complex'

1. DB Curl-lunge-press
    2. DB bent over row and back extension
    3. DB Squat and Press
    4. DB push-up and core row
    5. DB jump squats
    Robert dos Remedios, MA, CSCS,
    HCC (Hartman-Cosgrove Certified)
    Director of Spood, Strength & Conditioning
    College of the Crayons, CA
    http://www.canyons.edu/departments/pe/strength

[align=center:136j6klz][font=Bradley Hand ITC:136j6klz]"NO CHAMPION HAS EVER ACHIEVED HIS OR HER GOAL WITHOUT SHOWING MORE DEDICATION THAN THE NEXT PERSON; MAKING MORE SACRIFICES THAN THE NEXT PERSON; WORKING HARDER, TRAINING, AND CONDITIONING HIM / HERSELF MORE THAN THE NEXT PERSON; ENJOYING HIS / HER FINAL GOAL MORE THAN THE NEXT PERSON"[/font:136j6klz][/align:136j6klz]
    [align=center:136j6klz]-Doak Walker-[/align:136j6klz]

My best bench yet!

Originally posted by dos:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Anyone have a few good fat burning tips I could use in the weight room?
    Try incorporating combos, complexes, and hybrid exercises. The complexes will especially get you going.

Example:
    All done for 8-10 reps before moving to the next movement....try 3-4 sets of this 'complex'

1. DB Curl-lunge-press
    2. DB bent over row and back extension
    3. DB Squat and Press
    4. DB push-up and core row
    5. DB jump squats
    </font>[/QUOTE]I puked just reading that. All of the exercises are done with the same set of DBs, right?

Thanks for posting this. I really need to buy the DVD.

-VJS

My best bench yet!

Yeah....same DB's the whole time!

[align=center:136j6klz][font=Bradley Hand ITC:136j6klz]"NO CHAMPION HAS EVER ACHIEVED HIS OR HER GOAL WITHOUT SHOWING MORE DEDICATION THAN THE NEXT PERSON; MAKING MORE SACRIFICES THAN THE NEXT PERSON; WORKING HARDER, TRAINING, AND CONDITIONING HIM / HERSELF MORE THAN THE NEXT PERSON; ENJOYING HIS / HER FINAL GOAL MORE THAN THE NEXT PERSON"[/font:136j6klz][/align:136j6klz]

My best bench yet!

Thanks, dos! I think I'll start with those cute little pink ones.

One more question:

What do you think of using something like this to replace the treadmill/bike/etc.? I sometimes set my stopwatch for 20 minutes at the end of my workout and rotate through a few things like famer's walks, jumping rope, and burpees. I think complexes would be a good fit. What do you think?

Thanks again!

My best bench yet!

What do you think of using something like this to replace the treadmill/bike/etc.? I sometimes set my stopwatch for 20 minutes at the end of my workout and rotate through a few things like famer's walks, jumping rope, and burpees. I think complexes would be a good fit. What do you think?
    absoultely....that's the beauty of combos, complexes, and hybrids. They are extremely versatile exercises.

My best bench yet!

Originally posted by dos:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />What do you think of using something like this to replace the treadmill/bike/etc.? I sometimes set my stopwatch for 20 minutes at the end of my workout and rotate through a few things like famer's walks, jumping rope, and burpees. I think complexes would be a good fit. What do you think?
    absoultely....that's the beauty of combos, complexes, and hybrids. They are extremely versatile exercises. </font>[/QUOTE]dos,
    The new video is great for learning these. Thanks.

Mahler
    In Fitness & Friendship,
    MAHLER

Member of the Million Pound Club - Deadlift 4,450 x 225

hypersonic

My best bench yet!

yovwmon your my hero

My best bench yet!

Originally posted by hypersonic:
    yovwmon your my hero
    LOL! Then, can I be your Daddy?

Please help support my son...
    http://www.walkamerica.org/kehaya

"We MUST overload to progress, period. All the internet gimmicks and miracle programs in the world aside....." DOS, Dec 2006

hypersonic

My best bench yet!

no but you can be my mommy

My best bench yet!

:::::::::::UPDATE::::::::::

Last night my partner and I started a new workout routine that consist of 5 sets, of 6 reps, with heavy weight.

On my fourth set I was able to push up 225LBS 6 times!

Remember the smile in my original post, this time it was bigger!

My best bench yet!

Great!!!! Congrats!!!
    [font=Verdana:2lgm45wi]Follow me on Twitter if you're so inclined: @LuckyTMonk[/font:2lgm45wi]

My best bench yet!

Great Job! Thats a nice press. I'll bet you were pretty amped when that 6th rep went up...

In 11 months, you increased from 95 to 225 for reps. U have to be proud of that!

Please help support my son...
    http://www.walkamerica.org/kehaya

"We MUST overload to progress, period. All the internet gimmicks and miracle programs in the world aside....." DOS, Dec 2006