Thread: Mahler's Monday Morning Motivator # 61 - A Piece of Cake

Mahler's Monday Morning Motivator # 61 - A Piece of Cake

Mahler's Monday Morning Motivator # 61 A Piece of Cake.

Good morning guys. Well, I attended a wedding over the weekend and the clean eating went down the tubes, big time. This amazed the relatives at my table during the reception and I got more than a few questions. I tried to explain that it's not about never eating anything bad or eating clean 100% of the time. Any regimen that has no room for a few guilty pleasures will soon fail. So, the chicken, beef and green beans were piled on but so were the potatoes, rolls with butter and those damned cookies and pastries that every evil wedding planner has spread out on a table somewhere near that den of Satan, the bar. I am sure I gained a few pounds, but with confidence I know I can work that off easily. Keeping motivated is what will get you through the cheat days. And the cheat days are a necessary part of it all. What good is a fit body if you never take time to enjoy with family and friends? In fact, for me, the cheat days, or in this case the cheat weekend, are often my best motivation. When I look back and realize that I have strayed from the course, I find myself working harder and eating cleaner. This morning, my workout was one I looked forward to just a bit more and I will delight in keeping the diet clean for the next several weeks just because I know that, out there, waiting for me, is another cheat day or another obstacle to overcome. If you prepare well for the race and keep in shape, the obstacles become easier to hurdle. They never go away. But, with the right attitude, they are (oh, my god) a piece of cake.

The obstacles are there for a reason. Do you go around them or jump over them?

= = = = = = = = = =

In Fitness & Friendship,
    Mahler
    In Fitness & Friendship,
    MAHLER

Member of the Million Pound Club - Deadlift 4,450 x 225

Originally posted by Mahler:
    The obstacles are there for a reason. Do you go around them or jump over them?
    Some people don't do either. They just stop.
    Past performance is not indicative of future success.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Proud Club House member since 2004

Good point, Mahler. I had a really decadent dessert a few weeks ago at a dinner with friends. As they watched in amazment as I devoured it I just told them "I'll have this worked off by Wednesday. Will you?"

You have to live a little once in a while.
    Dunning-Kruger - it's far more pervasive than we realize.

It's not the deserts that get me. I can go without sweets and never think twice. It's stuff like home made mac and cheese and the like that get me. At least I can tell myself that I'm getting a bit of protein with all that fat and carbs
    "I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center." - Kurt Vonnegut

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit."-- Aristotle

"Losers make excuses, winners make it happen!"

http://www.thepensiveprogrammer.com/ Check out iAutoCalc!

My big question is "was it good?"

Nothing is more frustrating than cheating with food that doesn't even taste good.
    Looking for some fitness product reviews? Check out http://www.otpproductreview.com/

Originally posted by gobbla:

Nothing is more frustrating than cheating with food that doesn't even taste good.
    Wendy's. Ugh.
    Scott

Originally posted by gobbla:

If your going to scratch the itch, make sure you get it good.
    Those that can't do teach. Those that can't teach consult. Deserve aka Gabe

'8 replies before the gutter! Good job Clubhouse!!!!!' Ninjabookey

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy. From Billy Currington song 'People are crazy'

Note to humans: when the Anthem is sung, one is to remove one's hat/helmet, stand still and at attention facing the flag (or the music, if you can't see the flag), and SHUT UP! KTHXBAI FishrCutb8

Buccaneer

Great post John!

Very true and it helps reinforce that my weekend indiscretions are okay [img]tongue.gif[/img]