Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Hey not sure who remembers me from MH, could use some advice.

Hey everyone. I am not sure if any of you remember me, I used to be a big poster on the mh fitness bored, i tried to go back but it is jst horrible there now. Anywasy ill give you my story in brief.

I was a highschool wrestler, adn my senior year i broke my collar bone ending my season and keeping me out of the gym and allowing me to slowly whatch my formerly fit body deteriorate. After i was better i left for college and started to get back to were i was, until a hurricane wrecked my schols gym. A few months later i was able to afford a gym memebership and i have been spending the last month or so trying to get back to my old self.

now that i am back to the fitness seen i am trying to do some building here and i checked out chad waterbury's full body training article. I was curious as to any feedback you guys could give me on it, from results to opinions of. Its going to be between this or HST.

I am 5'8" 161 lbs and 9-10% bf. with my limited budget here is a sample day of eating for me.

breakfast
    whole wheat or multigrain bagle
    lowfat cheese
    3 eggs, 1 whole 2 whites

preworkout shake
    1 scoop whey with gatoraide

postworkout shake
    1 and a half scoops of whey with gatoraide
    anohter 40-50 grams of carbs from wahtever i have at the time.

meal
    2 jenny-o turkey burgers cooked on my forman grill
    lowfat cheese
    2 whole wheat buns
    corn

meal
    whole wheat pasta with olive oil tun and broccoli

pre bedtime snack
    cottage cheese and diced peaches.

throw in sum peanuts or peanut butter once or twice a day with that meal plan

any criticism would be helpful(remember that i am a poor college kid).

haha I remember you! You used to be pretty ripped or at least had a really nice back for your age. Do you have a meal plan? If so whats available.
    "The strongest steel goes through the hottest fires."-Anonymous
    "When you begin to believe nothing is heavy, all weights become light." -Rossbow
    "Just remember, somewhere there is a little Chinese girl warming up with your max."-Jim Convroy
    "It's a round hole, dammit. Everyone fits."--Anonymous

Head Olympic Lifting Coach at Supreme Sports

Make sure you are getting some lean protein with every meal(besides pre and pwo). Also, I would replace some of the ww pasta and bread with oats. Oats are a lot healtheir and less processed than bread.

hey gqartguy. i live of campus an di have a $300/month food budget, i pay for my car and gym monthly also which leaves me little extra money for food. Im not really worried about my diet, rather training. Ive never really done a full body routine so i am having trouble desiging an HST routine. And my back is still my most prominant feature and favorite thing to workout heh.

also under the pasta, it was ment to say tuna not tun. sorry about that

Well you have a lower bf% than I do so I guess I wont tell you about eating lol.

Training wise, Ive never done either, but have read up on them. I like the conjugate method too much to switch at the moment. I like CW's stuff because its simple and still pays the strength dues whereas HST is too high in reps for my liking.
    "The strongest steel goes through the hottest fires."-Anonymous
    "When you begin to believe nothing is heavy, all weights become light." -Rossbow
    "Just remember, somewhere there is a little Chinese girl warming up with your max."-Jim Convroy
    "It's a round hole, dammit. Everyone fits."--Anonymous

Head Olympic Lifting Coach at Supreme Sports

hey steve! whats up, glad to hear your still around. yeah i migrated from MH also.
    \"100 percent of the shots you don\'t take don\'t go in\"

Philly on one side, Pittsburgh on another, the Gre

TheSteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve!!! Welcome aboard--glad you're here, brother!
    DFL>DNF>DNS ™

The Fish Blog

The Fish Training Log

...and for God's sake, get a decent pair of shoes!

Steve, I just want to know what the f*** took you so long. Most of us haven't been on the MH boards for at least 6 months.

some of us a lot longer [img]smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Adam Campbell:
    some of us a lot longer [img]smile.gif[/img]
    (News report)
    "Today Adam Campbell was removed from the MH Forum in a hostile coup . . ."

(Hope I'm not treading on tender ground.)
    There are no shortcuts.

www.duluthmartialarts.com

FB: Chris Correia

Blog: www.christophercorreia.com

Changwon City, Gyeongsangnamdo, South Korea (the g

Honestly - tuna and cottage cheese are where it's at. They're cheap, good protein sources, and you can do all kinds of stuff with 'em.

Glad to see you took a look at CW's TBT. If you do it, keep us updated on results.
    Hey - can I add my 1800+ posts from MH?
    http://www.siscoe.ca - The second best damn blog on the Internet

nice to see you over here steve.
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

when i went back to the MH boards i thought this group had died.

Lou just curious did you ever use that thing i wrote in respnose to your MH muscle article? I completely forgot about it.

Originally posted by TheSteve:
    Lou just curious did you ever use that thing i wrote in respnose to your MH muscle article? I completely forgot about it.
    I don't think we ran it. Maybe we should've. The letters page has some "issues," including an error in a response to a reader who pointed out an error in one of the features in the first issue.

That's kind of scary, when the editors insert errors into copy that's supposed to be definitively correcting previous mistakes.

look what the cat dragged in [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    I'm homosexual and I also wear women's underwear. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Big_Shirtless_Ron

As a starving artist, former starving student, I would highly recommend a Costco or Sam's club membership, if you don't already have one. They have good prices on the staples; Tuna, Frozen Chicken Breasts, Gatorade, Olive Oil. Well worth the cost of membership.

i love you too tony. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Alcoholday

what's up steve? I remember you. how's the collarbone?

Welcome TheSteve! glad to have you here. I remember your posts. As you can see, many familiar faces in here.
    www.youtube.com/jpfitness <--- My channel

Like us on Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/jpfitnessforums

hey alcoholIday(heh not sure if u changed it or it wa a typo heh). Collar bone is all healed up, although it is still pushed in 5 mm. the only problems i get are a sore pain if i lay on my left side for too long, glad to hear from you and alot of you others again. You will be seeing much from me in my return to a fitness lfiestyle, now i just need my old body back hah.