Thread: 14 weeks until a cruise, what workout(s) would you do?

14 weeks until a cruise, what workout(s) would you do?

I've got 14 weeks until a Western Caribbean cruise, and I'm looking for a good workout to do in that time. The only limitation is low ceilings in my workout area. They are 6'8" and I'm 6'5" tall. So, that rules out a lot of workouts that use a lot of standing overhead stuff. (This is becoming a major problem for workouts for me)

I've got TAP and BOM at home, and have never really done their workouts. TAP's are 9 weeks each, and BOM is broken into 3 week intervals, but doesn't have a good stopping point. I could also do RR&D 2.0 for it.

I was thinking of doing the TAP beginner or advanced workouts for 9 weeks and then switching to RR&D 2.0 for the last 5. How does that sound?

I'm hoping to add some muscle during this time, and my diet is in line for this. Would the TAP beginner workout be good enough, or should I skip up to the advanced one?

If you can do the advanced program, why would you do the beginner program?

Part of it was my shoulder. I think it would hold up okay, but I didn't want to strain it too much. But, that was part of my debate. The advanced also has a few exercises that I cannot do in my basement (clean & press) due to the low ceiling.

And you can't bring them outside like I do each week because....???

Don't let the ceiling ruin your gains.

I personally would do training for max gains off the T-nation site since it sounds like your only goal is to add lean mass. It would help to know what you have been doing, and your stats.

Please help support my son...
    http://www.walkamerica.org/kehaya

"We MUST overload to progress, period. All the internet gimmicks and miracle programs in the world aside....." DOS, Dec 2006

I don't have enough equipment to bring it outside. For most workouts, I wouldn't be able to make the rest periods between exercises.

My workout has been pretty inconsistent during the last year. I couldn't workout for two months due to my shoulder injury. I still could play basketball, and I did that and cut some calories back. I cut a little too much back and dropped from 192 lbs to 178 lbs. My shoulder frustrated me to no end, but seems good now. Most workouts over the last couple months have consisted of squats, deads, and rows. Due to lots of basketball, the workout days have been inconsistent and I haven't been motivated (they hurt my game). But, that's finally past me. So, now I'm looking at working out again and hopefully putting on a 1/2 lb to 1 lb per week.

My overall fitness is great, even though my strength is down some. Basketball starts again in fall, and I want to be heavier and stronger. So, I was thinking of doing a premade routine or two before the cruise and get myself back into it (and for looking good), and then really hit it hard after the cruise on a very focused bulk.

Max gains sounds like a perfect match for you. Check it out in the training programs section.

Good Luck and watch that shoulder!

Please help support my son...
    http://www.walkamerica.org/kehaya

"We MUST overload to progress, period. All the internet gimmicks and miracle programs in the world aside....." DOS, Dec 2006

Is the max gains routine you are referring to "Training for Maximal Size" or another routine?

I can't find max gains on their site, but its hard to find stuff on their site. Thanks for the help!

If you want to workout outside, get a sandbag. You can do most exercises with a sandbag. Just don't let it get wet.

LostMatt

well i think u just wanna look good for all the ladys lol main thing with that much time i think is to eat right and work ur abs cause if u get abs makes everything else look a little better

just what i think