Thread: InStone High Protein Pudding

InStone High Protein Pudding

Anyone else out there try the InStone High Protein Pudding?

I think it tastes pretty damn good! Much better when its cold.

It's mostly caseinate, so its perfect for right before bed due to caseinate's slow-releasing absorption.

Also, its not way overpriced like the rest of Sly's line.

I recommmend it if you've been thinking about it. A great change of pace to protein bars when on the go.
    there is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Good to know! I've wondered about that stuff... just a nice change of pace would be nice.

walt

Dude that's way overpriced. It's also mostly soy protein. Taste is fair but texture is nasty it's rubbery. Get some sugar free fat free instant Jello make it with skim milk and 2 scoops of protein powder. Boom you got 4 servings with 15 grams of protein each and no soy and it's cheap as dirt.Does come out better using a blender to make it keeps the whey from clumping at all. You want a treat get the pistachio flavor pudding and use vanilla powder.........turn it up a notch and sprinkle wheat germ on the top mmmmmmm. Want it easy to take with you for lunch? Buy them little rubbermaid or gladware containers (the real cheapies) and fill em right to the top before you put the cover on.No air no skin will keep quite awhile in the fridge. Go ahead make a dozen!

Originally posted by walt:
    Dude that's way overpriced. It's also mostly soy protein. Taste is fair but texture is nasty it's rubbery. Get some sugar free fat free instant Jello make it with skim milk and 2 scoops of protein powder. Boom you got 4 servings with 15 grams of protein each and no soy and it's cheap as dirt.Does come out better using a blender to make it keeps the whey from clumping at all. You want a treat get the pistachio flavor pudding and use vanilla powder.........turn it up a notch and sprinkle wheat germ on the top mmmmmmm. Want it easy to take with you for lunch? Buy them little rubbermaid or gladware containers (the real cheapies) and fill em right to the top before you put the cover on.No air no skin will keep quite awhile in the fridge. Go ahead make a dozen!
    Are you in marketing?

I like those ideas... I'll try them out.

Brian A.

Just tried this pudding for the first time, needed a meal and was near a GNC. Anyway this stuff is AWSOME!!!!! I went back and got one of each flavor and the vanilla and banana are definetly the best. The choc is ok. Great for on the go. Walt's recipe sounds good though, I'll have to try that out.

Quote Originally Posted by "walt":1s0zvcp8
    ITA. It's extremely rubbery... taste is good, but texture is BLECCCCH.

You can also mix SF pudding with cottage cheese and peanut butter--voila! Protein chocolate PB pudding, chunky or, if you blend it, smooth. Another way to fantasticize it up--do 1/2 cott cheese, 1/2 greek yogurt, pudding mix, and peanut butter (or fruit or whatever).

Dietary staple, here.
    Here's my log

"A+B+C+D= Awesome"
    -anonymous

Brian A.

Quote Originally Posted by "tkinsley":15gfokzc
    ITA. It's extremely rubbery... taste is good, but texture is BLECCCCH.
    That's funny I love the texture , that's my favorite part it's somewhere between jello and pudding, but I hate cottage cheese BLECCCCH.

Rancho Santa Margarita, California. A short walk t

If you process the cottage cheese in a food processor, it's pretty good in these recipes.
    Roland Denzel @ EatWellMoveWell.com

Author of Man on Top and The Real Food Reset

Stop by my training log The Madness of Roland