Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: REGISTER FOR THE 2006 SUMMIT HERE!

canuckguy

REGISTER FOR THE 2006 SUMMIT HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by "Kaiser":iwieuhsi
    A little birdie tells me you are going to have to cater to Canadian tastes... (again).

Does that mean buttertarts??? mmmm, mmmm, good.

But very bad for me.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mahler":34adtjwc
    My camera is at the ready, Gabe.
    Bring large, unmarked bills.
    Word on the street is that Mahler also takes payment in protein tubs. Pure isolate only, not the cut stuff.
    Yep, this is my signature:

[youtube]w4TbxS_CdWE[/youtube]

Quote Originally Posted by "kuri":1if6e86y
    Anyone up for some grappling or striking work?
    Maybe Chris C (or dare I say Alwyn) would be willing to share some pointers?

Since there will a couple of more-than-qualified experts in the house I'm willing to take advantage of it!
    Hey, I just saw this today. I don't have any pointers for grappling. I'm a grappling ignoramous.
    There are no shortcuts.

www.duluthmartialarts.com

FB: Chris Correia

Blog: www.christophercorreia.com

Quote Originally Posted by "K-Court":29rueted
    Well, THIS Canadian loves pineapple .... and lattes! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And you don't have to cater to Canadian tastes, Cappy. This is my first trip to the southern US. One of my hopes is to try out some of the local cuisine.
    I can already see that I'm going to eat like a pig this weekend. I'll consider it a refeed (even though I'm not planning on unfeeding the week prior).
    There are no shortcuts.

Chris C - If we get a chance maybe we can share striking techniques/strategies etc...

Does JP's gym have focus mitts or other striking pads available?
    "Athletes are always looking for some secret Soviet exercise or program, and this makes damage to them," he says. "The most important thing is for them to understand the vision of the global movement, of the dance. This is my philosophy." - World Record hammer thrower Yuriy Sedykh

Kuri: It could be fun to just show each other (and others) some stuff. Whatever you can share about grappling would certainly enhance whatever I know. I particularly think in terms of avoiding takedown and protecting oneself when on the ground (hell, better yet, putting the hurt on the other guy when you're on the ground).
    There are no shortcuts.

Kuri,
    We're pretty well set up with everything but sparring pads. You're going to love my martial arts guy. He'll have to be a sit-in for Alwyn... He's a 2-time world champion in TKD from Scotland with a heavy Brogue, and he teaches Hagana as well as TKD. He's got a 3rd degree blackbelt in TKD. He'll be conducting some instruction on Friday for any interested parties.
    www.youtube.com/jpfitness <--- My channel

Like us on Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/jpfitnessforums

Quote Originally Posted by "Kaiser":tmk7r7iu
    Word on the street is that Mahler also takes payment in protein tubs. Pure isolate only, not the cut stuff.
    Nothing but top quality for me, Kaiser.
    In Fitness & Friendship,
    MAHLER

Member of the Million Pound Club - Deadlift 4,450 x 225

I'd love to do another round of Hagana. The first class he did was great.
    Past performance is not indicative of future success.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Proud Club House member since 2004

Great JP, what time on Friday is the Hagana?
    Definitely count me in!! Kinda like Krav Maga yeah?

Chris C, absolutely - if you show me some cool TKD stuff I'll show you some takedown defense, subs, or whatever your interested in.
    But I'm pretty sure JP's guy is at least as versed as me so maybe we can just get some instruction from him.

It's been so long since I've grappled (knee thing) I better do some homework before flying out there!
    "Athletes are always looking for some secret Soviet exercise or program, and this makes damage to them," he says. "The most important thing is for them to understand the vision of the global movement, of the dance. This is my philosophy." - World Record hammer thrower Yuriy Sedykh

Rancho Santa Margarita, California. A short walk t

Is Hagana like a step class? What time?

Quote Originally Posted by "kuri":2m3ueyrc
    Great JP, what time on Friday is the Hagana?
    Definitely count me in!! Kinda like Krav Maga yeah?

Chris C, absolutely - if you show me some cool TKD stuff I'll show you some takedown defense, subs, or whatever your interested in.
    But I'm pretty sure JP's guy is at least as versed as me so maybe we can just get some instruction from him.

It's been so long since I've grappled (knee thing) I better do some homework before flying out there!
    Hmm, that Hagana sounds interesting.

Kuri: It'd more be the "battlefield Hapkido" that you'd want to see. But I probably shouldn't be too liberal in my running around showing stuff to "outsiders." But a drink or two will do wonders for diplomacy. LOL

Perhaps with JP's guy handy, I'll just be a humble student for the weekend. Well, mostly humble and mostly student, perhaps.

Edit: Hey, I just saw that this was my 2.000th post. Gee, and I didn't even make it special.
    There are no shortcuts.

Can someone explain Hagana for me please?
    "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right." - Henry Ford

[font=Comic Sans MS:126fqccl]"UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss[/font:126fqccl]
    [font=Comic Sans MS:126fqccl][/font:126fqccl]
    "Life is no brief candle to me. It is sort of a splendid torch which I have got hold of for a moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations." - George Bernard Shaw

You do hagana at the Copacabana, the hottest spot north of Havana.

"there was a sex scandal involving two long time members who disappeared after their accounts had to be banned when it was discovered that they were both married to the same person and were also doing each other"

[font=Impact:3i9srj2w]It was Becka, Mesha, and TS in the forum with the lead pipe.
    [/font:3i9srj2w]

Buk

Gordon is awesome! I am not real interested in taking martial arts group classes, but I would if he was the instructor. He is a no-nonsence great teacher that commands attention.

Last time I was in Little Rock I got a few workouts in at JPs, and Gordon reckognized me, but couldn't exactly place me. He called me out for not getting into the gym often enough. After explaining the 12 hour drive to the gym, he let me off without an ass whoopin.

Gordon is good. I'm looking forward to it. It's a lot of fun and hard work.
    Past performance is not indicative of future success.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Proud Club House member since 2004

Kelly Baggett

Is this thing already booked up or is there some other reason why that link in the original post doesn't work for me? I was just looking for information on dates and such for this retreat.

Quote Originally Posted by "Kelly Baggett":11865x9x
    Is this thing already booked up or is there some other reason why that link in the original post doesn't work for me? I was just looking for information on dates and such for this retreat.
    Kelly, welcome!

Try this link:

http://www.jpfitness.com/main/gatewa...471%26cpid%3D5

Are you thinking of coming to the retreat?
    There are no shortcuts.

Buk

Kelly, it would be awesome to have you there! Let us know if you are going to come.

Come on.....We need more first timers at the summit!
    Those that can't do teach. Those that can't teach consult. Deserve aka Gabe

'8 replies before the gutter! Good job Clubhouse!!!!!' Ninjabookey

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy. From Billy Currington song 'People are crazy'

Note to humans: when the Anthem is sung, one is to remove one's hat/helmet, stand still and at attention facing the flag (or the music, if you can't see the flag), and SHUT UP! KTHXBAI FishrCutb8