Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: My turn at romantic advice.....

My turn at romantic advice.....

Quote Originally Posted by "twinsavsvikingsfan":1p5yhw68
    True story: I just got an e-mail from a girl in one of my classes asking me out.
    What a wuss. She should have knocked on your front door and asked you out in person!

Congrats, Nick. Now if she listens to all the NASCAR talk and wants a second date to hear more, you KNOW she's a keeper (and ask her if she has an older sister who's just as interested... )

Yo, Tony!! Where are you? This doesn't let you off the hook!
    "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." -- Mark Twain

BFG

Tony G\n[quote]Damn you all to hell!!!......]

OK dont start off with a negative. Be assumptious, yeh I know it can make an ASS out of U and ME and all that. But positive affirmative action is what is called for here.

Second point to note try and make it seem less of a date as thats initimdating just more of a social get together. " I really liked your/warmed to your style of your initial presentation when I joined" and I thought I like this persons mindset and it would be great to know more about you as I feel we have alot in common. OK so now she is thinking hmmmm is this work or just social networking but you have added the emotion word of feel. That will get her mind racing as to scenarios of what exciting things you may have in common.

The also plus point from this approach is if she aint interested in a date you can make it purely business at the coffee meet, hopefuly at your age you should know all the signs of body language

Next setting the date again be affirmative you chose a date but give her two options. Dont say would you fancy grabbing a coffee sometime. Way to vague you need to show her that you are keen after all she does sound the high powered type and her time is valuable. So " how about we grab a coffee and a bite on either Tuesday at " o'clock or would Thursday at X O'clock be better for you?

You are showing that you appreicate the value of her time and indeed that you are negotiable and open to suggestion. She'll like that firm, decisive but warm and considerate.

The dangerous part is that you have the upper hand as you are the one idolising whereas she maybe blissfuly unaware, so dont try and come over to arrogant and too emotive.

Id say tho if friends are trying to act as suiters that means either she aint interested in a date, she is extremely shy and guarded personaly or she is high maintenance! So you may wanna do a bit more digging and ground work. If you know of these friends that are her matchmakers then try and casualy drop in a conversation that yeh you really like her style and how you can relate to the way she does things. That should set the old buzzers going in them This can work in your favour big time

tasinquefield

Quote Originally Posted by "twinsavsvikingsfan":24bxoho3
    True story: I just got an e-mail from a girl in one of my classes asking me out.
    Dammit I told my wife to knock that crap off....

Quote Originally Posted by "tasinquefield":2drh5uk0
    Dammit I told my wife to knock that crap off....
    It's a cross I have to bear.
    "Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, 'Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapeƱos.'"

-J.M. "Red" Spicer

Rancho Santa Margarita, California. A short walk t

Quote Originally Posted by "twinsavsvikingsfan":ax81j00d
    Was it Nick? Are you answering on Thursday?

Movember is here...

Get The Mustache Workout and support a cure for prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and men's mental health.

Roland Denzel @
    EatWellMoveWell.com

Author of Man on Top and The Real Food Reset

Stop by my training log – The Madness of Roland

Jokerz

i have been saving this for quite some time... but i believe you need more than i

The smiley face shows that the author really went all out.
    Those that can't do teach. Those that can't teach consult. Deserve aka Gabe

'8 replies before the gutter! Good job Clubhouse!!!!!' Ninjabookey

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy. From Billy Currington song 'People are crazy'

Note to humans: when the Anthem is sung, one is to remove one's hat/helmet, stand still and at attention facing the flag (or the music, if you can't see the flag), and SHUT UP! KTHXBAI FishrCutb8

Quote Originally Posted by "twinsavsvikingsfan":9z5h6uh7
    Say YES.

Way to go, Nick!!!!!! Yeah for you! Can't wait to hear about Thursday!

Tony G, you were also Anthony G at MH and BII, right???

Does this mean that you're not going to be my son-in-law now???

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.Sing your death song Chief Tecumseh

cappuccino

wooohoo! congrats Nick

1 down 1 to go!

No get in there and make us proud!

Quote Originally Posted by "cappuccino":104uul33

No get in there and make us proud!
    "there was a sex scandal involving two long time members who disappeared after their accounts had to be banned when it was discovered that they were both married to the same person and were also doing each other"

[font=Impact:3i9srj2w]It was Becka, Mesha, and TS in the forum with the lead pipe.
    [/font:3i9srj2w]

Did Tony sack up yet?
    You have to test yourself everyday. If you don't, then it's a wasted day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by "djhaycock":2gs4ma8z
    Did Tony sack up yet?
    * crickets chirping *
    Those that can't do teach. Those that can't teach consult. Deserve aka Gabe

'8 replies before the gutter! Good job Clubhouse!!!!!' Ninjabookey

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy. From Billy Currington song 'People are crazy'

Note to humans: when the Anthem is sung, one is to remove one's hat/helmet, stand still and at attention facing the flag (or the music, if you can't see the flag), and SHUT UP! KTHXBAI FishrCutb8

cappuccino

Quote Originally Posted by "ninja":1xxfaj6i
    That's not what I meant!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by "cappuccino":2wfjcnk1
    That's not what I meant!!!!!!
    Yes, but naturally all of us guys interpreted it that way (possibly deliberately )

AmyPie38

What a thread!

I don't know if this has been decided on yet, but Tony, please do not email her! I obviously can't speak for her, but I know that I would be much more interested in a guy if he came right up to me and asked. You'd be surprised how far a simple, "Hi (insert b.s. chatting here). You know, I'd really like to take you out to lunch tomorrow if you're free" can go. Most women know how nerve-racking it can be to ask someone out so we really appreciate when a guy has the balls to do so.

As for earlier when someone asked about hot girls getting asked out: Honestly, I find that many women don't get asked out, whether they're hot or average. Maybe this is only my experience, but I can't remember the last time my girlfriends told me a guy came up to them and asked them out on a date. Then again, I don't have the best memory.

I never, ever, ever get asked out. I think I can remember three times in my life I was asked out. Once was in a very romantic way by a guy who ended up being my boyfriend for two and a half years and the other two were very sweet as well. They were all direct and whether or not they were so nervous that they did something silly or not, they all absolutely made my day. So maybe you'll feel better knowing that no matter what the outcome that you'll put her on cloud 9 for awhile.

Best of luck, Tony! And Nick too.

Quote Originally Posted by "ninja":r90b4dp1
    AND I DON'T HAVE ABS!
    Does this mean we have to add Tony to the "Who is Gay Poll" Being beat by THE gayest has to mean something.
    Your accomplishments can only be as big as your heart.

Or, maybe Tony did win, he just hasn't gotten out of bed yet????
    Your accomplishments can only be as big as your heart.