Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Lance's Fitness Journey - Continuous Improvement

Lance's Fitness Journey - Continuous Improvement

Quote Originally Posted by "UConnJulie":2qpm4mlv
    Fartlek ... that word always makes me laugh ... and makes me feel so jeuvenille for laughing!!
    Agreed!

Eating was so-so this weekend, not terrible, but not really good either. Back at it now.

Got a run in this morning. Was short on time, so it ended up being a short run.

2.5 miles
    22:15 minutes

With the dew point up, sweat was really pouring off me today.

With the dew point up, sweat was really pouring off me today.
    You aren't kidding. I decided to go inside and hit the treadmill but I only had to put in 1.75 today.

Did weight training this morning -- NROL FLII-A:

Superset w/ 60s rest:
    Front squat: 3x12x105
    Dumbell Row: 3x12x55 (e.h.)

Superset w/ 60s rest:
    Supine hip extension/leg curl: 3x12xbw
    Barbell push press: 3x12x60

Superset w/ 60s rest:
    Dynamic Lunge: 3x12x60
    Upper body russian twist: 3x12xbw

Again, another tough workout. For me, mornings are usually tougher, as my muscles don't seem as warmed up as they are in the afternoon/evening, even though I do warm up sets before I began my workout. But all that said, I feel good, and it feels good to be done.

On a separate note, anyone ever use craigslist? I have a couple of things we are no longer using, so I listed them on craigslist -- was suprised at the number of inquiries I got -- already got rid of a lawnmower I listed on Sunday, and have someone else coming to look at some kids toys tonight -- it's a pretty cool site.

Was going to bike this morning, but ended up having a flat tire. Will get it fixed tonight so I can ride tomorrow.

Craigslist is great ... I've never listed anything, but have done some looking. I have gotten rid of a lot of stuff off Freecycle, another GREAT site ...
    Happiness is a choice. ♥

Iollan

Looks like a great workout Lance, keep pushing!

I have some things I've been meaning to put on Craigslist, I need to get that done when I get home....

You've really been doing quite well the past few days, despite your so-so eating over the weekend. Fartleks even!

Keep it up!!!
    "May you live every day of your life." - Jonathan Swift

ark

Quote Originally Posted by "lance02":36henw1n
    Was going to bike this morning, but ended up having a flat tire. Will get it fixed tonight so I can ride tomorrow.
    That stinks!!!

Still having problems with my bike tire. Not sure what I'm doing wrong -- it's frustrating. I put a new tube in last night, all seemed good, but this morning the tire was flat. But, my wife has a bike with the same size tire, so I swapped them out, and was able to ride today. On my trip home tonight, I'll be riding to my daughter's softball game if the weather cooperates, so I'll get an extra 4 miles on the ride home -- so I should end up with 27 miles today!

Frustrating about the bike. Does the wife know you stole her tire?

Things are going pretty good. Weekends suck as far as nutrition. There are too many temptations.
    In Fitness & Friendship,
    MAHLER

Member of the Million Pound Club - Deadlift 4,450 x 225

After biking to the softball game last night, we ended up stopping for ice cream. Well, I wasn't going to have any, but it was free sample day, and they came around to all the tables offering samples -- and I didn't resist temptation. Oh well, it was a small amount.

No exercise planned for today. We are getting ready to go camping this afternoon, so need to finish getting everything packed up. I'm going to try my hardest to eat descent this weekend, but I know it will be tough -- especially since we going with a group of other families.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mahler":1oj7swmt
    Frustrating about the bike. Does the wife know you stole her tire?

Things are going pretty good. Weekends suck as far as nutrition. There are too many temptations.
    Yes, she knows I "stole" her tire -- she actually messed her knee up when we were skiing in Colorado over spring break -- and is just now starting to get back to normal. But she's really not ready to start riding again yet.

Weekend and temptations do seem to go together!

Oooooh...camping! That sounds great, Lance!

No sweat on the eats...just ditch the buns, have raw veggies instead of chips, drink water instead of soda (well...a little beer is you must!), add in some early morning BW circuits before everyone wakes up, and play lots of games with all the kids. Weekend compliant!
    [font=Arial:wkq39lo0][/font:wkq39lo0]
    [font=Century Gothic:wkq39lo0]On Krista mistressing the chin-up, "It's amazing", said one gym source, "considering that for months she just hung there like a dead fish."[/font:wkq39lo0]

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pZfk8NYPbv-aX78dDuRyReg

Our family went camping nearly every Summer weekend when we lived in the Sierra Nevada foothills (1959-64) and then only occasionally after we moved to the Rochester, NY area. Lots of great memories..... Enjoy your weekend!
    "May you live every day of your life." - Jonathan Swift

Have a great time camping! Sounds like a blast.

I wanna go camping!!!! I wanna go camping!!!

Hope you have a great time. I am envious..........

I'd rather be backpacking.......

Newman
    "Branch chainz, bro. Leucine in the sky with diamonds." - Alan Aragon

My training log - The Weight is OVER...

My MS Bike Tour 150 donation page.

I'm glad you didn't turn down ice cream -- that would just be wrong

How was the camping?
    ~Jen

Jen's Journal

"The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary"

Camping was GREAT! And...I had an ice cream cone there as well. As well as a few other "questionable" foods. But, all in all, great to get away, and overall I ate ok. Even got a workout in (thanks Victoria!) -- I did a BW workout on the beach while the kids were swimming one morning. After that, I was ready for the water too!

Saturday I did a BW workout while camping:

Superset with no rest:
    BW Squat: 5x10
    Pushup: 5x10

Superset with no rest:
    Lunges: 3x15
    Mountain Climbers: 3x70sec

It was a very good workout, got my heart pumping, and really started the day off on the right foot.