Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 61 DC Thorns and Roses - Week 3

61 DC Thorns and Roses - Week 3

Early morning rose: down another 3 lbs. and 1" off my waist.
    Beginning is Easy - Continuing is Hard

猿も木から落ちる
    Even monkeys fall from trees
    - Japanese Proverb

My Training Log

Rancho Santa Margarita, California. A short walk t

Quote Originally Posted by "Erika":1rabfdfg

LostDog: To me 1/2 lb of fat a month is on track for a person with just a little to lose (but I don't know much about fitness) - are you saying you wish it was more?
    Definately. When I had more to lose, I could drop 1-2 lbs per week, very consistently. Now, my body adjusts very quickly. I could drop 2 lbs of fat in a week or so by cutting calories dramatically, but then it would stop and I'd have nowhere to go to lose more. So, slowly but surely, unfortunately...

Movember is coming...

Get The Mustache Workout and support a cure for prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and men's mental health.

Roland Denzel @
    EatWellMoveWell.com

Author of Man on Top and The Real Food Reset

Stop by my training log The Madness of Roland

Quote Originally Posted by "Lost Dog":rpygf5i5
    Definately. When I had more to lose, I could drop 1-2 lbs per week, very consistently. Now, my body adjusts very quickly. I could drop 2 lbs of fat in a week or so by cutting calories dramatically, but then it would stop and I'd have nowhere to go to lose more. So, slowly but surely, unfortunately...
    This is the case for me as well. My weight jumped about 10-12 pounds last Summer when I did NROL Strength... knocked back a little bit around the end of 2006... but then jumped back up 5 or 6 pounds when I started doing one of Alwyn's undulating periodization programs during the Winter. I would like to drop about 10 pounds to be a little lighter for running, but my attempts at slow weight reduction to minimize muscle loss seem to plateau out almost immediately.

GUNS: I'm finally dropping all exercise for at least several days to try to improve a back injury that's been lingering for months. A few meals off the wagon this past week as well, but one of them was for Father's Day so it's completely legal!

ROSES: A nice Father's Day!

My points thus far

Goal and Points Summary

Nutrition 30
    Resistance 26
    Interval 6
    Cardio 11
    Personal Completion No n/a 0
    Competitive Completed Yes 100

Things are going along well

DrWheatie

Thorns first...Everything pretty much went to heck this past weekend. No exercise 2/4 NG points. Both evenings I just went off the chart eating. No particular reason. Just did it. Jumped on the scale for fun today. Weighed more than when I started this whole thing.

Roses...I'M STILL HERE! I was honestly ready to chuck the whole thing. I went out to the kitchen this morning debating whether to go do my NROL this am. On the counter was a cake the kids made me that had said Happy Father's Day. We had eaten the bottom right corner of it. As God is my witness I was staring at a cake that said "Happy Fat" I read it as a question. Are you Happy Fat? I got dressed and headed to the gym.

I swear I am not making this up.

DrWheatie

Don't you hate it when your food sends you messages like that.

Roses back on track with food and exercise. Other than the 3k walk on Saturday, I took the day off and lifted yesterday instead. Also had a dental appointment today as well and my teeth are all sparkley.

Thorns: The Dental Appointment. I had to drive in this morning otherwise I would still be sitting on a bus trying to get here.

Progress Report
    Nutrition 28/110
    Meals carried 33/126
    Resistance 7/26
    Interval 2/8
    Cardio 3/8

Completed my event for the challenge

Thorn - Work is vrey stressful again - our team has been asked to handle 600 remortgage files on top of our 180 sale&purchase files, the post is coming in far quicker than our team can handle but the management won't let up on us as we have a fairly resiliant team.

Rose- I've applied for three jobs already this week. One doing HR for the police, it's much less money than i earn at present plus 1hr E/w commute but it is more akin to my interests and has great career progression
    Walk on
    With hope in your heart
    And You'll Never Walk Alone

As God is my witness I was staring at a cake that said "Happy Fat" I read it as a question. Are you Happy Fat?
    If they would have done it on cupcakes you could have woke up to "Hay Faty" alright they are mispelled but you said it was from the kids.

Bwhahaha, super lazy update, I just cut 'n paste my .sig.

61DC Status — Nutrition: 29/109, Lifts: 4/16, Intervals: 4/16, Cardio: 5/16, Personal: No, Competitive: No

Nutrition has sucked the past few days, I'm going to clean it up. My bench workout really really really really sucked yesterday. I seem to be regressing on bench, for some reason.

On the bright side, I'm still basking in the glow of an awesome squat day from earlier last week, so I'm happy.
    -Otto.

Need printable workout logs? Check out werkit.com for training logs with style.

RM 2.0

Fit4Him

My thorn this week is that I ate very poorly this weekend. Sat I didn't eat enough, ate good stuff but not enough calories. Sun I ate way too much bad stuff and had a couple of drinks so yesterday was a zero, needless to say. I was unprepared food wise for work today so my body has literally been craving healthy food. Skipped the workout tonight in order to come home and cook something. Will make it up tomorrow, the spin instructor's class I like to take on monday's was taught by someone else anyway so I don't feel bad for missing tonight.

My rose is that I can see small changes in my body and am loving the NROL break in workouts! Can't wait to move on to fat loss I!

Points so far:

Nutrition: 29/110
    Resistance Training: 6/27
    HIIT: 1/9
    SS/Spinning: 4/27

Roses - on track with mobility and strength workouts. Even added some mobility work to my morning ritual. Diet has been clean, but not enough (see below)

Thorns - Weight didnt go up at all this week (officially went down by 0.2kg)
    - Its been bloody cold and wet, which has meant my lunch time walks have been non-existent, failing badly with these.
    - Still havent found a challenge to participate in, could be difficult this time of year.
    Mark

If you think lifting weights is dangerous, try being weak. Being weak is dangerous. - President Contreras

I only believe in Training to be Awesome. - Wendler

Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid only of standing still.

Rancho Santa Margarita, California. A short walk t

Quote Originally Posted by "DrWheatie":2j06o6bm

Roses...I'M STILL HERE! I was honestly ready to chuck the whole thing. I went out to the kitchen this morning debating whether to go do my NROL this am. On the counter was a cake the kids made me that had said Happy Father's Day. We had eaten the bottom right corner of it. As God is my witness I was staring at a cake that said "Happy Fat" I read it as a question. Are you Happy Fat? I got dressed and headed to the gym.

I swear I am not making this up.
    I beleive you. I walked in on my daughter, who was drawing something on the computer. It said "Happy Fat."

The other day, I was complaining to a buddy, via email, about feeling being hungry. The response back to me was "Eat something fatty." I read it as if it had a comma... "Eat something, fatty."

Movember is coming...

Get The Mustache Workout and support a cure for prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and men's mental health.

Roland Denzel @
    EatWellMoveWell.com

Author of Man on Top and The Real Food Reset

Stop by my training log The Madness of Roland

roses: The best part of waking up is foldge....no wait it's an omlette with a side of turkey bacon. mmmmm. I love my morning breakfast. Sometimes I look forward to going to sleep at night so I can wake up and have eggs and bacon. So tasty. Then I get to buy a coffee and walk for 20 minutes to the bus stop. Should be a good morning!

Today I currently have no thorns, but then I really just woke up! hahhaha

Og.
    2009: No races, No times. Slow year.
    "With five seconds left, destiny panics."
    So, now you're 96 cals short. You're now in starvation mode. Doomed.
    - LostDog
    Blog entry: January 11, 2010: New Year and Culinary Disaster LiveSTRONG daily plate log

Thorn #1. Gym appears closed this week for maintenance. ASS.
    2009: No races, No times. Slow year.
    "With five seconds left, destiny panics."
    So, now you're 96 cals short. You're now in starvation mode. Doomed.
    - LostDog
    Blog entry: January 11, 2010: New Year and Culinary Disaster LiveSTRONG daily plate log

Thorns: No energy for much of anything the last few days. I was in bed by 10 last night which is early for me.

Oh I forgot a rose from the other day.

I was doing my FL-1A workout and "Always look on the bright side of life" came on in the music rotation. I had to stop doing rotational lunges I was laughing so hard

Rose: Used my time between sets last night to get my food for today ready to go.

Thorn: Left said food in the fridge last night. Needless to say, unless I still have a pouch of tuna in my desk, I won't be getting all my carrying points today *shaking her head*

Thorn, pissy mood and inadequate planning led to sugar-fest last night ... but it's over and I'm back on track.

Rose, had a great workout today!
    Happiness is a choice. ♥