Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Negotiating medical bills

high deductible accounts rock, if you're relatively healthy... if shit hits the fan, I've got that emergency buffer, but my weekly payments are SUPER low and I only pay for stuff I actually need.
    Renegade HR: Recruit great people. Inspire them to do amazing things. | http://renegadehr.nethttp://PhotoFrogDVD.com

Quote Originally Posted by "Phaedrus49er":lfs15mtf
    As I said on another (CE) thread:

I hear Vancouver is nice this time of the apocalypse
    "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right." - Henry Ford

[font=Comic Sans MS:126fqccl]"UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss[/font:126fqccl]
    [font=Comic Sans MS:126fqccl][/font:126fqccl]
    "Life is no brief candle to me. It is sort of a splendid torch which I have got hold of for a moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations." - George Bernard Shaw

So I found that my insurance company does offer an HSA. However, based on their own comparison chart, the minimum deductible plan--while roughly half my current one--doesn't cover ANYthing prior to the deductible (monthly premiums notwithstanding), and 90-99% of my doctor visits right now qualify for copay, so unless this injury bug becomes chronic (please don't be a shoulder impingement, please don't be a shoulder impingement), I think it makes sense for me to stay where I am. Of course, I could just be blowing sunshine up my @$$.

All in all, I'm just glad to have options, however gouging they may be, rather than having forced "universal" health care *cringes at the possible CE implications of that statement*
    No Magic Pill (the log)