Page 349 of 457 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399449 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,980 of 9121

Thread: See Jane Lift

See Jane Lift

In cycling terms, 'bonked' means 'running out of steam , meeting the 'man with the hammer' as we say in Dutch , most of the time it is related to not having had enough food. I suppose nutrition didn't play so much of a role here.

You'll be your old self soon as long as you are patient. Seems like you're doing thins wisely now to play it by ear.
    Ergo-log news site
    Perfume diet: "The result was the infiltration of perfume into nearly every aspect of my life touched by food."

See Jane Lift

Quote Originally Posted by "missjane":2p4nbvo4
    Yeah, that might not be such a good idea putting them at the end. Just not sure quite where to put them ideally. They were HARD today!
    i had the same situation with Week 2, Day 1 yesterday! i have been putting them at the end as well, and after bench pressing, it was just NOT happening. that 15th one at the end was in slooooooooooowwwwwwww motion.

i'm thinking about doing them at a separate time of day rather than putting them earlier in the workout and burning myself out for "real" stuff... but not sure if that would truly help.

See Jane Lift

Ok...I would SWEAR I posted something in your log yesterday about that workout NOT looking like a BONK to me....but.....I don't see it! Maybe I was dreaming!! LOL
    .· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·' Tracey

See Jane Lift

Glad to see you working out again.

See Jane Lift

Back at it!

See Jane Lift

Catching up with your workouts in here. I see no "bonking" here.

See Jane Lift

Glad to see you back at it.
    All whiners will be buried in shallow and unmarked graves. - Bad Ben

My occasional workouts are posted here

See Jane Lift

Hi Jane! Just passing by to wave hello! Looking good in here, and certainly not "bonked"!
    [SIZE="3"]~ Kara ~

See Jane Lift

February 3, 2012
    Wendler's 531 for PL
    Cycle 7
    Workout 2 of 12

Bench Press
    5x45
    5x55
    3x62.5
    3x72.5
    4x81.25
    1x85
    1x87.5
    1x90

DB Incline Chest Press
    5x25's
    5x27.5's
    5x30's

BB Military Press
    5x45
    5x50
    5x50

Pallof Press
    8e x 50
    8e x 50
    8e x 50

I wore my NB Minimus today for the first time. I really like them for general lifting. I wouldn't want to wear them for squats or deads, but I was really loving them MUCH more than my chucks for walking. Still love my Free's, too, but it's always fun to try out a new pair of shooooz!
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

See Jane Lift

Just catching up and I gotta say you are brave leaving your pushups to the end. They are the first things I do cause I'm such a wimp. Awesome looking workouts Jane!!
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact,
    just surrounding yourself with assholes. -- William Gibson

See Jane Lift

It is always fun to wear new shooooz. That makes me think it's time to get some more for myself. I'll make a note to give those NB Minimus a try. In fact, I'll have to have good shoes for when I start doing practicals for school (lots of on my feet hospital walking).

See Jane Lift

Hmmmmm......I may need to check out a pair of those NB Minimus, too!
    .· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·' Tracey

See Jane Lift

February 7, 2012
    Wendler's 531 for PL
    Cycle 7
    Workout 3 of 12

Squat
    5x45
    5x65
    5x85
    3x95
    2x110
    1x125

BB Split Squat
    5e x 45
    5e x 45

BB Lunge
    5e x 45
    5e x 45

Step-ups
    8e x 10's
    8e x 10's

Overhead Squat
    5x18
    5x18

WOW! Weak as a little baby kitten today. Wow. First off the hip flexor is still a problem, as was evident right off the bat as I began with my squats. CNS felt shot, weight felt heavy, and it was LIGHT! and I got scared going deep with that left hip flexor, or whatever the hell it is. Moved on to some light sets and by the time I got to overhead squats, I had to drop to an 18lb body bar to get ATG on my OH squats!! So, definitely, the hip flexor has really set me back -- like 2 years!!. Also, I did this workout pretty much fasted, as I hadn't eaten in 7 hours, plus I am cutting.

Lots of excuses, I know. The only saving grace is that I actually felt whipped after this puny workout! LOL!

Hard to believe I was squatting 170+ a few short months ago. I really may have to break down and get this pain looked at.
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

See Jane Lift

But you DID the workout - most people would have bailed!!! Nice work!
    .· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·' Tracey

See Jane Lift

Yikes on that hip flexor issue. That sucks. And cutting does not help does it? I am working on fat loss, not cutting (maybe one day I can refer to it as cutting), and I most definitley have those days where a 20 lb dumb bell feels like 50. Hope you get some relief soon.

See Jane Lift

Quote Originally Posted by "missjane":bbsicyru
    I wore my NB Minimus today for the first time. I really like them for general lifting. I wouldn't want to wear them for squats or deads, but I was really loving them MUCH more than my chucks for walking. Still love my Free's, too, but it's always fun to try out a new pair of shooooz!
    Why don't you think that you will wear the NB for squats/DLs? Just curious as I just started wearing them a few weeks ago for those moves and they feel better than my cross trainers. Will you use your Chucks instead?

See Jane Lift

Yeah, I;m a chucks or barefoot girl for squats and DL's...flat, flat, flat for me!
    Jane

See Jane Lift

I have some NB Minimus shoes and I love them. I use them when I do my running. Not that I've done any running lately...but if I DID I would wear my NB minimus.

Glad you got a workout done.

See Jane Lift

I like New Balance shoes in general, though I haven't tried the Minimus yet. But before I fell in love with Saucony and Mizunos, NB's were it when it came to running!

Sorry that your hip flexors are still hassling you.
    All whiners will be buried in shallow and unmarked graves. - Bad Ben

My occasional workouts are posted here

See Jane Lift

What a bummer! FWIW, I've heard good things about ART (even w/o actually knowing details on the procedure)

Since hip flexors didn't ring a bell with me.. (I was thinking extensors are at the front, but no it's the reverse) these are e.g. the psoas muscle. pain here is very familar to me and if not mistaken it could be that this is where/why sometimes you suddenly lose all strength.. very scary feeling.
    While your Rumble Roller barely reaches that area, you can manipulate it with fingers.. yet that may simply not be enough. Time to see an expert! (which I never did )
    Ergo-log news site
    Perfume diet: "The result was the infiltration of perfume into nearly every aspect of my life touched by food."