5x60

Resistance Band Leg Curls
    2 sets of 50

Ab work
    Planks - 2x to failure
    Pallof Press - 10e x 37.5
    Janda Sit-ups - 2x10
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

BLZ

See Jane Lift

How are you liking those band leg curls...still gettin ya?

See Jane Lift

They are brutal!
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

BLZ

See Jane Lift

Quote Originally Posted by "missjane":3461lfd3
    They are brutal!

See Jane Lift

Hey Jane, just stopping by to catch up on everything! I am glad your dad is feeling better. Its hard when someone you love is being so stubborn. You want to help and give them everything they need to feel better, but when they don't want it, or feel they are being a burden, it makes it so hard. I am hoping for the best for you and your family.
    Glad you are feeling better as well. I see that you have your days though when your not feeling the greatest. Everything has been coming back normal though? That's good, but I bet it would be nice to have some answers! Hopefully you will continue to feel better and figure out whats going on. On a side note, your workouts are still looking great!
    A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong.

See Jane Lift

Quote Originally Posted by "kaylee12":1g2mt3n5
    Hey Jane, just stopping by to catch up on everything! I am glad your dad is feeling better. Its hard when someone you love is being so stubborn. You want to help and give them everything they need to feel better, but when they don't want it, or feel they are being a burden, it makes it so hard. I am hoping for the best for you and your family.
    Glad you are feeling better as well. I see that you have your days though when your not feeling the greatest. Everything has been coming back normal though? That's good, but I bet it would be nice to have some answers! Hopefully you will continue to feel better and figure out whats going on. On a side note, your workouts are still looking great!
    Thanks for stopping by and how coincidental.....BECAUSE, my dad has informed me he will not go to the heart doctor, he will not get the heart ultrasound his primary doc ordered, and he will not go to the doctor to get his blood work done on a regular basis, AND he will not keep taking the lasix, and he will not weigh himself everyday. SO.....THAT's the stubbornness we are dealing with. With that level of non-compliance, I'm pretty certain I will be spending an endless night in the ER very soon. All of this was told to me last night when I took him out to dinner. He was a royal and rude pain in the ass -- so much so that our regular waitress was shocked at how nasty he was and total strangers at the table next to us were giving me the "oh dear...we are so sorry for you" look! As he was heading out the door, I apologized to our waitress and told her I needed to get him home so I could go get a stiff drink!!!

And, yes, so far my testing has come back good. Thank GOD no cancer, which was the latest thing they were testing/looking for. And, I have had several good days in a row. Knock wood. Next stop is a surgeon for further testing on my gallbladder. I admit, though, that when I have a few good days, it makes me not want to go and get more test done. I'm the sort of person who has never been on any meds, never had any serious illness or any surgery, testing....nothing. So, the past few weeks have been quite tiring and trying for me. I will say this -- everyone I know KNOWS I was feeling bad because it takes a lot to get me to the doctor (hmmmm......I think I'm sounding a bit like my dad...lol!)
    Jane

See Jane Lift

Quote Originally Posted by "missjane":uooes228
    . . . I apologized to our waitress and told her I needed to get him home so I could go get a stiff drink!!!
    Did you get that drink? Sorry you had to deal w/ such a nasty outburst while trying to do something nice for your Dad. It's draining being the scapegoat/outlet for our parent's fears and frustrations.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill "Old Folks Boogie" by Little Feat

Training Log and Assorted Brain Droppings

See Jane Lift

Instead of a stiff drink, I called my sister to vent and went to TJ Maxx for some retail therapy and got myself a new pair of shoes! Worked as well as a stiff drink!

My dad has ALWAYS been difficult (unlike my mom, who was the sweetest thing ever until the end). My sister does much better with my dad, so I usually let her deal with him when he's being more difficult than usual.
    Jane

See Jane Lift

The Cube Method
    Cycle 1 - Workout 18 of 36
    Bench - Rep Day
    April 21, 2013

Foam Roll
    Stretch
    Warm-ups

Incline Bench Press
    5x45
    5x45
    8x70

Close Grip Bench Press
    12x55
    12x55
    12x50

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown
    12x50
    12x50
    12x56

Incline DB Bench Press
    20x20's
    20x20's

DB Military Press
    12x15's
    12x12.5's
    12x12.5's

Tricep Cable Pushdown
    100 reps x 25

Ab work
    Planks - 3x to failure
    Janda Sit-ups - 2x10
    Jane

See Jane Lift

My Dad was exceedingly stubborn too, probably always, but more so as he aged. At one point he was hospitalized and was told he needed to drink more water to flush his kidneys. Well, turns out he didn't WANT to drink water (or anything but coffee as it turns out) so he told the doc he COULDN'T drink water. This was understood to mean he was unable to swallow and they were ready to do a surgery to feed him through a button they would put in his stomach. Luckily we cleared that up before he went through surgery. He never did learn to drink water. Said he didn't like the taste of it.

All I could figure was that at some point he had lost control over most activities in his life that he enjoyed, and a say so in meds, following dr.'s instruction, medical procedures, etc. was all he had a say in. So so difficult! Sending you wishes for strength to deal with it, Jane!

See Jane Lift

aww Jane, sorry you have been having all this to deal with on top of the health issues. so glad you have your sister to help out... i know that makes a big difference. and really, really glad to hear it's not the C-word.

you do sound like you're in good spirits though, or at least your log "reads" that way, so that's a very good thing

See Jane Lift

Sorry about your Dad... I've had to apologize to servers before - it sucks. Glad the new shoes helped you recover.
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

See Jane Lift

Oh no....never under estimate someones stubbornness. That's not good...and to bring all that on to you while out at dinner..that's a lot to handle in one night. I wonder if he is just in denial about his health? Sometimes that happens..do you think he will come around at all?
    I am glad that your doing better and that its not cancer! I hate going to the doctor as well, and you think I wouldnt mind it, being a nurse and all...but its hard to go and be told something is wrong or you need testing or medication. Especially when you have been healthy for so long. Glad your having good days though! Just dont be too stubborn about your health like your dad
    A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong.

See Jane Lift

Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi":1zz129zm
    Sorry about your Dad... I've had to apologize to servers before - it sucks. Glad the new shoes helped you recover.
    New shoes help anything.

The only good thing is that we always go to the same place/same waitress, so at least she knows (sort of) what I am dealing with!

Quote Originally Posted by "kaylee12":1zz129zm
    Oh no....never under estimate someones stubbornness. That's not good...and to bring all that on to you while out at dinner..that's a lot to handle in one night. I wonder if he is just in denial about his health? Sometimes that happens..do you think he will come around at all?
    I am glad that your doing better and that its not cancer! I hate going to the doctor as well, and you think I wouldnt mind it, being a nurse and all...but its hard to go and be told something is wrong or you need testing or medication. Especially when you have been healthy for so long. Glad your having good days though! Just dont be too stubborn about your health like your dad
    Unfortunately, no...he will not come around. He's not in denial. He just wants to be with my mom (who died almost 2 years ago). I just KNOW she's looking down on me and my sister and feeling so sorry for us and saying "in one ear and out the other!". That's what she always said when I asked her how the hell she put up with him!!!

I'll try not to be stubborn. I'm doing pretty good so far. It's just getting me to this next step that is proving a bit more difficult. I still have that fear of knowing something bad.
    Jane

See Jane Lift

MissJane, you are such a good daughter! You are so very patient and caring and doing a great job taking care of your Dad.

I am very glad to hear that cancer was ruled out for you. And yes, I was also thinking that you were sounding kind of like your Dad in your post, you must be very close to him, even though he may be difficult at times.

Sending you good vibes and support.
    "There's no dishonor in losing the race. There is only dishonor in not racing because you are afraid to lose." - Garth Stein, The Art of Racing in the Rain.
    My training log

See Jane Lift

The Cube Method
    Cycle 1 - Workout 19 of 36
    Squat - Explosive Day
    April 25, 2013

Foam Roll
    Stretch
    Warm-ups

Deadlift
    5x55
    5x75
    5x95
    2x110
    2x110
    2x110
    2x110
    2x110
    2x110
    2x120
    2x130

Snatch DL from 4" block
    12x85
    12x85
    12x85

GHR's
    20xbw
    20xbw
    20xbw
    20xbw

Good Mornings
    8x85
    8x85
    8x85
    8x85

DB Rows
    10x30
    10x3510x35

Ab work
    Planks - 3x to failure
    Janda Situps
    Jane

See Jane Lift

That's a lot of GHRing, nice Jane! That's the deal that goes from parallel to the floor to practically upright, right? I am not sure I could do one.

See Jane Lift

This, Caren....

Jane

See Jane Lift

Holy Mackerel Jane. Awesome. Maybe I will try just one today.

See Jane Lift

Jane