Page 445 of 459 FirstFirst ... 345395435443444445446447455 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,900 of 9173

Thread: See Jane Lift

Re: See Jane Lift

So sorry x3! Sending hugs!

Gosh Jane, I'm so sorry to hear the news about your Dad. Hope he's comfortable and you can find some time for yourself. Take care.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill "Old Folks Boogie" by Little Feat

Training Log and Assorted Brain Droppings

So sorry to hear about your Dad's stroke. My prayers are with you and yours.

Sorry about the work stress, no one needs that on top of life stress.
    Approach with caution - I'm keto-adapting

WARNING: Written in minutes and fact-checked in seconds via Google. May contain unsafe levels of self-righteousness. Past cleverness is no guarantee of future results.

Training Log

"Please! One piece of pie won't make the difference and there's plenty of time to catch up! Each individual piece of pie is totally worth it."

Sorry to hear about your Dad Miss Jane. Sending best wishes.

Jane, so sorry to read about your Dad and your other stresses. Hang in there, things will ease up. I have a friend who always says to me whenever I've been dealt hardships and stress ... "This too shall pass. Be strong, you'll get through it." Take care.
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact,
    just surrounding yourself with assholes. -- William Gibson

I can only leave "one-liner's" on this forum, otherwise, I get "kicked out" - so, please know that my thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Please take care of yourself, FIRST!
    Here's my fitness log: http://www.jpfitness.com/index.php/f...-beeps-is-back

Really sorry to hear the news about your dad, Jane.

Sorry to hear your news, Jane
    Those who dig the deepest get the best results

Working my way back up to the big plates
    Flickr photostream

See Jane Lift

Well, I'm still not feeling the love here, so I just don't even hang out much any longer. Just not sure it will ever be the same and I've been scoping out new digs. But, wanted stop by to say HI....doubting I'll get to everyone's logs to do so. I've been really busy with life, in general. But, I do miss the camaraderie and support.

-- Still working on MY health. So far, it been testing, testing, testing, and still no answers - just $$$$$$$$$. We have officially ruled out ovarian cancer and anything gallbladder-related, no parasites, blood good, etc, etc. While I DO have good days, I am still not back to myself. I am taking a little break from doctors and tests right now and just tweaking a few things of my own to try to make a difference. I am still worried there is something serious the docs have missed, but it's probably just my OCD worry-wart tendencies kicking in.

-- My dad had several strokes, has atrial fibrillation, and the congestive heart failure. We have him at home, but it's hard to keep an eye on him and I am constantly having to be over there to check up and make sure he's got food, etc. It's exhausting, really. And, he is adamantly refusing to let anyone into the house except me and Karen. We are going to have to make some changes soon, but right now my sis and I are day to day.

-- Speaking of my sis...during all of this, she has been diagnosed with a pretty rare nerve disease called Trigeminal Neuralgia. She has been in SOOOO much pain, and my heart breaks for her. They call it the suicide disease because the pain is so severe. Right now, she is on anti-siezure meds to try and stop the pain signals. But, she's looking at brain surgery if she can't control the pain. Luckily, the neurologist who invented/discovered the brain surgery procedure is located in Pittsburgh, which is just a couple hours away. If surgery ends up being the only option, at least we know she will be getting care from the head honcho.

-- I was rear-ended one night as I was going home from the hospital. While my car isn't too bad, it left me with a numb and spasming left arm. It FINALLY is feeling better. The doc banished me from the gym while he was treating me, so I am hoping I get the all clear on Friday. I NEED to get back there. I've had such a strange year and now I feel just all out of sorts -- physically and mentally. I think I need to start back just doing some 5x5's or maybe even the ever so boring Dan John 40-day program. I really want to see how my body is even going to respond to lifting and break it in somewhat before I tackle anything serious like Cube or 531.

Aside from all the crap that is going on, I did manage to take in an Indians game (go TRIBE!) and the Eagles concerts was fantastic last week. Next Wednesday I will see Chicago. It's been a weird summer -- although right now it's blazing hot, it just hasn't really seemed like summer to me. And, it's flying by, isn't it?

Amd, finally, for some fashion news....the below quote from me was made on March 19. Today I got this clutch for 70% off! It pays to wait!

Quote Originally Posted by "missjane" post=993356
    I really want this clutch. I think it's so cool, and it comes in a bunch of different colors. I just can't justify the price, though. I wish it would go on sale -- a BIG sale!

Oh, and I sent my sister to Peter Frampton for an early birthday present, and she was so happy! She had Peter Frampton ALL over her room when she was a teenager! I told her to just squint REALLY hard and imagine the flowing hair....LOL! Luckily the concert was mid-June, right before her pain got so bad. Friday, I will take her and her husband out to dinner for her actual birthday. I got her a bunch of other presents, which she won't expect since I already got her the concert tickets last month. I've been shopping around for months, looking for super duper clearance items so that she won't be mad at me for spending more money (ie I got her a $100 purse for $7 and a $110 watch for $8 and a super cute $50 top for $5 and some brightly colored enamel bangles and a pair of earrings -- all super inexpensive!) I put all of her little presents into the purse, so she will think her gift is just the purse until she opens it! My mom always said it was bad luck to gift an empty purse.

Hope all of you are well....congrats, if you've made it this far into my ultra-long update today!
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

See Jane Lift

You have so much stuff going on right now it's totally understandable why you wouldn't be posting much. Especially when there seem to be many frustrating forum "bugs" that have yet to be worked out. If you do move on, we hope you'll drop by occasionally.

So sorry to hear about your Dad and your sister. It seems like life is such a roller coaster sometimes w/ very scary dips and drops. Very glad to hear the arm numbness is going away. And that you haven't had to get a new set of wheels.

At least you've had some nice retail Rx going on!

Take care of you.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill "Old Folks Boogie" by Little Feat

Training Log and Assorted Brain Droppings

See Jane Lift

Hey Jane its good to see you on here! I don't blame you for not coming around much, especially given what you have going on in your life right now. I'm sorry to hear about your dads health and now your sister! Sending hugs your way! Glad your arm is feeling better and hopefully you'll be back in the gym in no time. Its great that despite all the craziness going on in your life right now that you have had some fun and find some great deals shopping! I agree, summer is flying by. I hope you continue to feel better, stop by again sometime!
    A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong.

See Jane Lift

Jane, I don't blame you one bit for not being around much. So many things are happening in your life and I hope they all get settled/sorted soon. Take care of yourself!!
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact,
    just surrounding yourself with assholes. -- William Gibson

See Jane Lift

Jane, I had no idea you had all that going on, and on top of what was/is already happening. You got my hugs and good thoughts.

I'm really frustrated with the forum, too. The camaraderie's gone, and it just seems that it'll never be restored, either. It's FUBAR.
    All whiners will be buried in shallow and unmarked graves. - Bad Ben

My occasional workouts are posted here

See Jane Lift

Wow. That's just too much going on....enough already! So sorry it's relentless.

If you ever need to get away from it all, come to Boston for a visit. We can take in a yoga class and hit Kristen Kish's digs.

See Jane Lift

Glad to see you post, but what a string of bad luck coming your way with your dad, sister and everything else. No wonder you aren't feeling like posting much.
    At least you still have mad shopping skills.

Best of luck with your family : crossing fingers for both your dad and sister as well as yourself getting back to better health soon.
    Ergo-log news site
    Perfume diet: "The result was the infiltration of perfume into nearly every aspect of my life touched by food."

See Jane Lift

Hi - sorry for all your personal situations just now - still keeping up with you here and reading
    Approach with caution - I'm keto-adapting

WARNING: Written in minutes and fact-checked in seconds via Google. May contain unsafe levels of self-righteousness. Past cleverness is no guarantee of future results.

Training Log

"Please! One piece of pie won't make the difference and there's plenty of time to catch up! Each individual piece of pie is totally worth it."

See Jane Lift

Not a lot to add. Just know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

See Jane Lift

Same - just wishing you the best and hope you and yours get through it all ok.
    Tom

Curling in the squat rack is like crapping in a urinal - Tony Gentilcore

Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera