Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Girl asking Guy?

honestly, have you ever been someplace where there are more than 10+ females and one of them isn't smart and attractive?

I'm in the middle of freaking Missouri and they're everywhere. Sure, there's a lot of fake people, but there's some pretty real ones too.
    "there was a sex scandal involving two long time members who disappeared after their accounts had to be banned when it was discovered that they were both married to the same person and were also doing each other"

[font=Impact:3i9srj2w]It was Becka, Mesha, and TS in the forum with the lead pipe.
    [/font:3i9srj2w]

Girl asking Guy?

Quote Originally Posted by "RedWifey":2qdh4dvk
    Do you swing in her circle at all? That seems like it would be easier to do if you travel in the same circle. Even if you don't travel in the same circle, see her and ask her to the student center for coffee or ice cream (it's still hot enough here for ice cream).

It may be a bit different than when I was in college 'cause we attended a residential college...98% of us lived there on campus. But just ask...whatever you do, even if it's just for practice.
    No, I don't think I knew she existed before this year. (which is weird because I knew 75% of the people in that class ) Normally I'm driven toward the extroverted ones, but she's hot. (and smart too. I had a calendar girl--no, not making this up--ask me for workout advice. I was flattered. Then I realized that she was a brain dead idiot)
    "there was a sex scandal involving two long time members who disappeared after their accounts had to be banned when it was discovered that they were both married to the same person and were also doing each other"

[font=Impact:3i9srj2w]It was Becka, Mesha, and TS in the forum with the lead pipe.

Girl asking Guy?

Quote Originally Posted by "ninja":2r6uphuo
    honestly, have you ever been someplace where there are more than 10+ females and one of them isn't smart and attractive?
    Now expand your venue to include those that are available and honest/not flakey or attention-whorish.

Your odds just dropped tremendously.
    [align=left:1lr3aez6][align=left][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/align:1lr3aez6]
    Articles | Blog | Pirate my book.
    "Yeah, but you did your post grad thesis on trolling, so you don't count."
    -JP, endorsing how awesome I am
    [/align]

Girl asking Guy?

Quote Originally Posted by "PowerManDL":1ug3iy4p
    Now expand your venue to include those that are available and honest/not flakey or attention-whorish.

Your odds just dropped tremendously.
    I honestly don't think they dropped much.

(unless I'm in the advertising department. Zing!)

Girl asking Guy?

So, somehow there's a flock of men out there that are available, honest/not flakey or attention-whorish but somehow mysteriously, there are no women for them? I truly find that hard to believe.

My intent in participating in the conversation was to give encouragement to men that I believe are attractive (in their own ways) potential partners, that seem to be lacking the confidence to take the next step toward a woman (or women, whatever the case may be) in which they see potential. If you prefer to not accept the encouragement, and want to continue to blame someone else for your lack of companionship, then be my guest.
    ---
    Nick, I think you should go for it...there may be something to looking for something different than before. Honestly, if Erika and I think so highly of you, you should goooo foooorrrrr it!!

Alcoholiday

Girl asking Guy?

Quote Originally Posted by "RedWifey":13rbtyv1
    So, somehow there's a flock of men out there that are available, honest/not flakey or attention-whorish but somehow mysteriously, there are no women for them? I truly find that hard to believe.

My intent in participating in the conversation was to give encouragement to men that I believe are attractive (in their own ways) potential partners, that seem to be lacking the confidence to take the next step toward a woman (or women, whatever the case may be) in which they see potential. If you prefer to not accept the encouragement, and want to continue to blame someone else for your lack of companionship, then be my guest.
    ---
    Nick, I think you should go for it...there may be something to looking for something different than before. Honestly, if Erika and I think so highly of you, you should goooo foooorrrrr it!!
    first off,

when did i EVER say that there were a flock of available men out there who posses the qualities you listed?

I didn't.

I said that the women that i come across do not fit mine. So does that mean that all men are perfect? No. I never said that. Obviously they're not. Just because there's not a lot of available quality women doesn't mean that there are a large pool of available men. It probably fits for both sides, but i wouldn't know, because i don't go around shopping for a male companion.

and i fail to see how you are encouraging us by saying that we are full of "inadequacies."

This is why i don't post my opinions on personal issues on message boards.

Girl asking Guy?

ETA: in response to RW

Oh hell, I agree on that front...there's no reason for anybody here to not step up to the plate and go for it. Like OG says, what's the worst gonna happen? She says no?

I do agree w/ the boys that there's a lot of flotsam out there; I know this from my own experience, and it's compounded by the common "I have a boyfriend" response (which gets made even worse by the ZOMG I LOVE HIM EVEN THO HE BEATS ME LOL syndrome).

That said, yeah. Work the field. It's not like you're any worse off for it, and if a chick is that turned off by being asked out....did you really want to know her to begin with?
    [align=left:1lr3aez6][align=left][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/align:1lr3aez6]
    Articles | Blog | Pirate my book.
    "Yeah, but you did your post grad thesis on trolling, so you don't count."
    -JP, endorsing how awesome I am
    [/align]

Girl asking Guy?

Maybe it's because I know Nick a little better (and really not all that well) than I do you, that I felt it was ok to shoot straight with him. It isn't the way his mother raised him that's a road block for him, it isn't that there aren't any available "quality" women out there...it's because he chooses to be shy at the exact moment when he should be bold and be himself. He is a VERY likable person, with great potential to grow...if his friends will shoot straight with him and tell him he's being silly about the whole thing. IMO he needs to see himself more the way we see him and be more confident about himself...Nick is good enough for any girl out there.

I would also suppose that you are as well, Alco, so when I read that there are no girls that you know of that can get past your annoyance radar, I felt that that assertion was any easy way for you to place the blame on someone else (the girls) instead of looking at yourself to see if there's some quality you need to improve on before you try to enter a relationship.

Sometimes in life, you need someone (it's always easier to take from a friend) to strip away your blinders so that you can see yourself in a different light...that's all I was trying to do was alert you the fact that you may want to look at your narrative one more time before you decide that there aren't girls available for you. I apologize for coming on too strong.

Jokerz

Girl asking Guy?

I think you guys are just looking for the perfect girl from the get go. Being in college as well I know what your talking about when it comes to them being whorish. But having had many conversations with them, because they are the majority of women that I see, I can honestly say that outside of the party/club atmosphere they are not as dimwitted or whorish as first thought. But there are those who are in fact exactly what you see. I don't think that you should be trying to date every women you see. When I got out I generally end up talking to every girl there, and I hit on them and what not but talking to them doesn't mean I plan to date/marry them. Not to mention it's good practice so when you finally meet that special some one you have a slightly lower chance of not embarrassing yourself.

To nick- You just have to dive in. Make sure you let her know your interested in her. I use corny pick up lines to break the ice, or ask a question and make my way from there. If you don't express your interest in her she may think you just want to be friends. Everyone gets butterflies when they approach. I don't know the circumstances of which you met the girl your talking about, but if you have her number, I would call her and ask her out to coffee or something. That will help alleviate some of the pressure of asking face to face. It takes practice. Go up and random girls, and even if you have no interest in them just start a conversation, ask for directions, what ever the case may be. Also make sure you present yourself like you know what your doing even when you don't. I'm no master of game, or a player, but I have no problems approaching attractive women (even multiple women). The worst that can happen is they say no, and if they do, theres always some one else.

To amy, I find it refreshing when the girl makes the first move.

Girl asking Guy?

I am a firm believer that every man should be a whore for a while. Get it out of your system. girls like guys who workout. Before I meet my current gf, I have countless convos started (by both ends) with 'Hey.. I see you at the gym all the time..'.

If your anything like me, when you see an attractive girl, there is only one thing your thinking... and it has nothing to do with a conversation.

Girl asking Guy?

Quote Originally Posted by "RedWifey":2ste92hz

---
    I agree with the middle paragraph. In certain situations I think that excuse is applicable, but we just don't want to admit that we're pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by "Alcoholiday":2ste92hz
    first off,

when did i EVER say that there were a flock of available men out there who posses the qualities you listed?

I didn't.

I said that the women that i come across do not fit mine. So does that mean that all men are perfect? No. I never said that. Obviously they're not. Just because there's not a lot of available quality women doesn't mean that there are a large pool of available men. It probably fits for both sides, but i wouldn't know, because i don't go around shopping for a male companion.

and i fail to see how you are encouraging us by saying that we are full of "inadequacies."

This is why i don't post my opinions on personal issues on message boards.
    everyone's got shortcomings! It's just that some people's are physical. (bada bing!)

Quote Originally Posted by "RedWifey":2ste92hz
    Maybe it's because I know Nick a little better (and really not all that well) than I do you, that I felt it was ok to shoot straight with him. It isn't the way his mother raised him that's a road block for him, it isn't that there aren't any available "quality" women out there...it's because he chooses to be shy at the exact moment when he should be bold and be himself. He is a VERY likable person, with great potential to grow...if his friends will shoot straight with him and tell him he's being silly about the whole thing. IMO he needs to see himself more the way we see him and be more confident about himself...Nick is good enough for any girl out there.

I would also suppose that you are as well, Alco, so when I read that there are no girls that you know of that can get past your annoyance radar, I felt that that assertion was any easy way for you to place the blame on someone else (the girls) instead of looking at yourself to see if there's some quality you need to improve on before you try to enter a relationship.

Sometimes in life, you need someone (it's always easier to take from a friend) to strip away your blinders so that you can see yourself in a different light...that's all I was trying to do was alert you the fact that you may want to look at your narrative one more time before you decide that there aren't girls available for you. I apologize for coming on too strong.
    Nah, you're cool, don't sweat it. Not taking this personally/as a speech/whatever.

Its the whole "good enough" thing that I get hung up on. I need to remember to be more like what I said earlier rather than worrying about a girl being good enough for me.

I need to see the dude who's actually under 200 lbs, and who isn't afraid to make himself look like an idiot rather than the shy kid. It's not a process that happens overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by "Jokerz":2ste92hz
    To nick- You just have to dive in. Make sure you let her know your interested in her. I use corny pick up lines to break the ice, or ask a question and make my way from there. If you don't express your interest in her she may think you just want to be friends. Everyone gets butterflies when they approach. I don't know the circumstances of which you met the girl your talking about, but if you have her number, I would call her and ask her out to coffee or something. That will help alleviate some of the pressure of asking face to face. It takes practice. Go up and random girls, and even if you have no interest in them just start a conversation, ask for directions, what ever the case may be. Also make sure you present yourself like you know what your doing even when you don't. I'm no master of game, or a player, but I have no problems approaching attractive women (even multiple women). The worst that can happen is they say no, and if they do, theres always some one else.
    Yup, all about putting my money where my mouth is. You saw the advice that I gave Matthew. It was spectacular. I know what I have to do, the trick is actually DOING it.

Girl asking Guy?

Quote Originally Posted by "Alcoholiday":2aqq9wt6
    i have a hard time meeting any women that i can tolerate for an extended period of time
    THANK YOU
    No Magic Pill (the log)

Girl asking Guy?

Quote Originally Posted by "Alcoholiday":2pj6gfzr
    how is it our own inadequacies if the woman is dull and not smart?
    Could you be looking in the wrong places? The gym perhaps? Barring this crew and those that frequent here, even irregularly, like Cressey, most people in the gym are there to build their bodies, not their minds. They embrace something that preceded intellectual history, the ability to attract the opposite sex by sight and scent. They don't want to debate, they want to mate!
    "Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! Tigers are playing tonight! I never miss a game." - Clarence Boddiker.

Renovating the House of Cyn

Jokerz

Girl asking Guy?

Quote Originally Posted by "Frank.S":1ez92x3d
    I am a firm believer that every man should be a whore for a while. Get it out of your system. girls like guys who workout. Before I meet my current gf, I have countless convos started (by both ends) with 'Hey.. I see you at the gym all the time..'.

If your anything like me, when you see an attractive girl, there is only one thing your thinking... and it has nothing to do with a conversation.

I agree

Nick- Get a wingman. It makes things a lot easier.

Girl asking Guy?

Quote Originally Posted by "ninja":2z87npsf
    Yup, all about putting my money where my mouth is. You saw the advice that I gave Matthew. It was spectacular. I know what I have to do, the trick is actually DOING it.
    Decide today, my friend, not to be paralyzed by fear anymore! You'll see yourself open up to some many other opportunities in other aspects of your life that you didn't even know were there.

Getting "comfortable" with reaching out will come, but don't pass up another opportunity! Yeah, Nick! (and Roland, and Phaed, and Alco)

Girl asking Guy?

Quote Originally Posted by "Cynic":332a9a42
    Could you be looking in the wrong places? The gym perhaps? Barring this crew and those that frequent here, even irregularly, like Cressey, most people in the gym are there to build their bodies, not their minds. They embrace something that preceded intellectual history, the ability to attract the opposite sex by sight and scent. They don't want to debate, they want to mate!
    I can imagine it now:

One of us: "Hey, wanna go out on the weekend?"
    Girl: "yeah.. sure.." *goes and does tricep kickbacks*
    One of us: "DATES OFF."

codypete

Girl asking Guy?

I think RW is on to something about the whole 'I can't find a tolerable girl' thing.

Before I met my girlfriend I thought the same way and I'm beginning to think that it was a subconscious way of protecting myself because of a perceived or actual inadequacy. Now that I have got a rock solid girlfriend I meet girls all the time that are available and meet my standards for a descent girl. Its all just a confidence thing. Once you score the babe you realize that its not that hard.

Girl asking Guy?

Learning a lot about dating scenes from this thread.. keep it going people.