Page 28 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Celestialmom Gettin' it Done!

Check post #3095 in my log re: extensions.
    Tom

Curling in the squat rack is like crapping in a urinal - Tony Gentilcore

Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera

Celestialmom

Vacation pictures as promised!

That's his normal face...^^^

Holy cow! The kid has ABS! ^^^

Ummm....no comment.

I rock at mini golf, if I do say so myself...

Great pics Celeste - thanks for sharing! Your daughter looks SO much like you!

My kids look exactly like their Dad (2 complete little mini-me's for him), and nothing like me
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

Celestialmom

Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi":6643eujt
    Great pics Celeste - thanks for sharing! Your daughter looks SO much like you!

My kids look exactly like their Dad (2 complete little mini-me's for him), and nothing like me
    Thanks...I always love to get kiddo compliments. Actually Micah's nickname (from dh) is Mini Me! OOOoOOh--that's so funny. I read your post twice and thought you said MY other kids look exactly like their dad, and nothing like you! Now THAT was funny!

On the cute kid note, did I mention that one day at the beach, a rep for a modeling agency from Pittsburgh approached us and asked where we lived and could our kids come to her office for auditions?! Funny! We actually had that happen several times esp when Bethany was a preschooler (something about that red hair), but we didn't pursue it. Not the kind of life we wanted to get into.

Anyway, I have canning pics too--not sure why, just because I wanna.

No preservatives or extra sugar and it ended up saving me 50% on the generic store version, even including the electricity and supplies. Did take all day though.

Considering they've already inhaled 4 quarts of this salsa, we are getting more supplies to (hopefully) make more this weekend.

And last, but not least, when I was getting out the jars, I found a nice surprise...

Canned BAT!!! Eeew!

Okay, enough of that. This IS a training log, but I'd have to actually TRAIN to post then, wouldn't I?!

beach_plums

You're kids are beautiful. It's no surprise that you're getting approached by modeling agents. What a great compliment even if you don't pursue it.

Canned bat...sounds wonderful. Growing up, we used to find bats in our pool all the time. I've actually developed a pretty good appreciaition for them.

Celestialmom

Just so long as it's not a good "taste" for them lol...

beach_plums

Nope, nothing like that. Maybe facination is a better word?

Canned Bat!?!?!?

I don't even wanna ask WHY... please don't answer... ::shudder::
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

I love the pictures. They depict such a happy, idyllic existence. (Like sunshine on a cloudy day). I can imagine the sounds...the laughter, no fighting or bickering, everyone just having a warm, fuzzy good time. And your daughter looks how I imagine you looked at her age. I think that she is wearing a similar color to what you're wearing in your avatar makes the resemblence really striking.

Okay, now the bat pic...that was something else. Eew!
    Kathy

ceebee

Great vacation pics!

I know who your son gets his abs from!

Celeste, your daughter does look strikingly like you--almost thought it was you for a moment. Like Bytsi, my kids look more like their dad (almost as if I wasn't even there for my son :tongue ) .

Anyway, mostly wanted to say great pictures! Looks like a great vacation. Oh, and can you come to my house and make the salsa? You can keep the bat for yourself .

Quote Originally Posted by "Karen411":2pf8g1tj
    Celeste, your daughter does look strikingly like you--almost thought it was you for a moment.
    Same here...I had to do a double take.
    Kathy

Celestialmom

Quote Originally Posted by "beach_plums":2j5amdoi
    Nope, nothing like that. Maybe facination is a better word?
    Yep, better. Bats don't bother me, except of course those in my canning jars...
    Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi":2j5amdoi
    Canned Bat!?!?!?

I don't even wanna ask WHY... please don't answer... ::shudder::
    Well, I won't answer then, but it did can itself, I had nothing to do with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by "msmogreen":2j5amdoi
    I love the pictures. They depict such a happy, idyllic existence. (Like sunshine on a cloudy day). I can imagine the sounds...the laughter, no fighting or bickering, everyone just having a warm, fuzzy good time. And your daughter looks how I imagine you looked at her age. I think that she is wearing a similar color to what you're wearing in your avatar makes the resemblence really striking.

Okay, now the bat pic...that was something else. Eew!
    Well, there was lots of fun, but there was still the bickering and gumpiness that comes from kids (and parents) being overtired... We did have a great time though.
    Quote Originally Posted by "ceebee":2j5amdoi
    Great vacation pics!

I know who your son gets his abs from!
    Yeah but mine are covered with a layer of insulation!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by "Karen411":2j5amdoi
    Celeste, your daughter does look strikingly like you--almost thought it was you for a moment. Like Bytsi, my kids look more like their dad (almost as if I wasn't even there for my son :tongue ) .

Anyway, mostly wanted to say great pictures! Looks like a great vacation. Oh, and can you come to my house and make the salsa? You can keep the bat for yourself .
    Ha ha! I think we have another bushel to make and I'm not looking forward to it. The first time each year is fun...the second is sorta torture!

Quote Originally Posted by "msmogreen":2j5amdoi
    Same here...I had to do a double take.
    I told my daughter everyone thinks she looks like me and she was actually HAPPY about that! Boy that made me feel good...ahh, the joys of an eleven year old who doesn't know how to act like a teen yet!

Hey, here's something almost training related! I called back in August about starting a martial arts class, and there was lots of miscommunication (or non-communication as the case may be), but I finally am starting the adult class that runs every other monday night. Next week will be my first class. I'm so excited!! The cool thing is that my 6yo has already been to three of the kids' classes and is LOVING it. My 13yo wants to join the adult class with me, so he's waiting till next week also. Bethany isn't interested but it's nice to have a boy bond too...we do lots of girl stuff. The great thing about the class is that they're less than 5 minutes from my house (and we live in the country so that's something different) AND it's going to be like $35 a month for all of us! The first person is $25 and just $5 each extra person in the family. Yay for the pocketbook!

Enjoy your daughter still liking you - it goes by pretty quickly (although I'm happy to get occassional glimpses of my DD being sweet so maybe she'll shed the teenage stuff eventually)...

Can't wait to hear how much you LOVE the martial arts classes - what style is it??? Fun!!!!!
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

Celestialmom

I think it's actually a mixture of styles. I had been calling the phone number back in August with no response (turns out they were on vacation) and happened to see one of the owners at the gym the day before we left for OBX. So our conversation was sort of hurried and vague. BUT I'm signed up so that's good.

On another note, I took Lost Dog's advice and started doing lots of sets of 2 chinups throughout the day. A little enthusiastic today, but I did end up doing 50! For Taylor's computer science class today I taught him a little about excel and had him make us a chart to hang on the wall by the bar. (He QUIT the pushup challenge to work on chinups/pullups instead.) So his total for today was over 150, and when he tried to do pullups this evening AFTER all those chinups, he knocked out 5 like nothing. Hmph..Boys... Bethany's doing them also--she's doing "sets" of one whenever she gets antsy doing schoolwork...

beesknees

Great pictures! Looks like an amazing time. I am soooo far from an ocean

And that salsa made me drool - I LUV salsa. My MIL makes huge batches each year and she hates it, but everyone loves her salsa so we still get 3-4 jars each time we see her.

Oh my! I am a salsaholic. YUM!

How cool are you with the chinups?? Wowee!
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

Supermom of supercute kids
    Ergo-log news site
    Perfume diet: "The result was the infiltration of perfume into nearly every aspect of my life touched by food."

Celestialmom

Quote Originally Posted by "beesknees":fpicor1f
    Great pictures! Looks like an amazing time. I am soooo far from an ocean

And that salsa made me drool - I LUV salsa. My MIL makes huge batches each year and she hates it, but everyone loves her salsa so we still get 3-4 jars each time we see her.
    That's the best way to get it!
    Quote Originally Posted by "missjane":fpicor1f
    Oh my! I am a salsaholic. YUM!

How cool are you with the chinups?? Wowee!
    I'm a salsaholic too--just thought of having it on my salad instead of dressing. I'm going to try it for lunch today--I love chips and salsa, but what is a chip really but a vehicle for salsa?!
    Quote Originally Posted by "Espi":fpicor1f
    Supermom of supercute kids
    So sweet thanks.

Pushups today: Week 5 Day 2 (Second time)
    45-60 second rest periods
    Set 1: 18
    Set 2: 18
    Set 3: 20
    Set 4: 12+8 w/short breather
    Set 5: 11+3 w/short breather
    Set 6: 11+3 w/short breather
    Set 7: 16 (this was where I rested longer between sets by accident)
    Set 8: 10+10+10+10 (45 sec between each)

Quote Originally Posted by "Celestialmom":1tpb4j4f
    I love chips and salsa, but what is a chip really but a vehicle for salsa?!
    So why not just use a spoon? Less calories that way...
    Tom

Curling in the squat rack is like crapping in a urinal - Tony Gentilcore

Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera