Page 76 of 84 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1668

Thread: Committed to the endeavor....

  1. #1501

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Today is going to be a rest day. I have to work at the gym 10-4, after which we go to pick up our oldest son from the scout camp he's been CIT at for the past 3 weeks.

    A little pissed at myself because I ate about 2000 worth of calories yesterday. I was just hungry all day.... *sigh* I had burned a bit over 700, so I was fine as far as my plan goes, but I seem to keep forgetting that a deficit should *feel* like a deficit... a little hunger isn't necessarily a bad thing! I'm still down about a pound from last week, but I am not going to get the whoosh I'm hoping for if I'm eating close to maintenance, am I?

    Oh, and in other news.... I'm going to give Glute 300's a shot. Figure it can't hurt!
    "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

    My log

  2. #1502

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Don't worry about it. Some days are just HUNGRY days. I had a hungry day yesterday and I ate a little more than I had planned. You're doing great so far and 2000 calories is not bad at all! I bet that's still a deficit for you right?

    Curious to see how you like doing the glute work. I do it when I watch tv at night.

  3. #1503

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Quote Originally Posted by "L'ilJ":2il2u3i4
    Don't worry about it. Some days are just HUNGRY days. I had a hungry day yesterday and I ate a little more than I had planned. You're doing great so far and 2000 calories is not bad at all! I bet that's still a deficit for you right?

    Curious to see how you like doing the glute work. I do it when I watch tv at night.
    According to the LoseIt app on my phone, to lose 1.5 pounds per week, I'm supposed be netting around 1450 cal per day.
    Will keep you posted on the glute work. I'll probably have to do it at the gym unless I want to be attacked by my lab. Plan to start tomorrow.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

    My log

  4. #1504

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Quote Originally Posted by "lorigaud":36hx7r86
    A little pissed at myself because I ate about 2000 worth of calories yesterday. I was just hungry all day.... *sigh* I had burned a bit over 700, so I was fine as far as my plan goes, but I seem to keep forgetting that a deficit should *feel* like a deficit... a little hunger isn't necessarily a bad thing! I'm still down about a pound from last week, but I am not going to get the whoosh I'm hoping for if I'm eating close to maintenance, am I?
    Girl you are down a pound that is a good thing. Better than being up like I am!

  5. #1505

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Quote Originally Posted by "1165dwj":2pi161q4
    Girl you are down a pound that is a good thing. Better than being up like I am!
    We will all get there! We just gotta keep workin'.... not always easy!
    "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

    My log

  6. #1506

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Kind of in a funk yesterday. Worked 8-1 at the gym, then came home and was lazy. Didn't really feel like doing ANYthing that I could and/or should have been doing. I did let AJ get some driving practice in by driving me around for an hour, but that was about it. I was depressed, as usual, by our lack of money and perpetual need for it. Diet was great while at work, but I did end up having some off plan stuff in the afternoon and evening, none of which was stuff that I *really* wanted, so I knew that I was eating out of stress and boredom more than anything else. I usually work out on Saturday mornings, but since I worked at 8am, I didn't want to get up super early, so I skipped the morning workout. I thought that I would do something after work, but it got to be almost 7pm and I still had done nothing. I remembered the posts from Tracey and others about only regretting the workouts that you don't do..... so I decided to go for a bike ride. I ended up riding about 6 miles around my neighborhood, and I did a lot of hills to really challenge my legs. Following that, I came home and did the Ass 300's, since I posted on Friday that I was going to do them "tomorrow". Even though none of this improved my mood significantly, at least I did something.
    Working at the gym until 1 again today, and then I have some digital scrapbook pages to finish up for a couple of the digital designers I "work" for. They give me free stuff, I create pages to promote their products. Works for me! I need to do a workout too.... only got in one day of strength training this week.
    Weight was up this morning... duh.... bloating from yesterday, etc. so I decided that I'm not going to weigh in again until Wednesday, when the challenge pics are due from the first month. Maybe if I get really inspired by Beeps, I'll wait until September to weigh myself again after that.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

    My log

  7. #1507

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Worked today until almost 2, then came home and went through coupons before heading out to the grocery store. Got that out of the way, and then came home and headed back to the gym for my workout. I'm proud of myself for not succumbing to the "I don't really want to go" mindset, and going anyway, even though I wasn't really feeling it. Of course, now that it's over, I'm glad I went.

    Today's workout:
    Dynamic Warm-up:
    Shoulder Presses (no weights) x 20
    Over-Under Arm swing x 20
    Overhead Trunk extensions w/ pole x 15
    Walkouts x 6

    Workout: 2 sets of each
    A) Chest Press/Fly Combo 2:2 ratio; 12#e x 30 reps
    B) S/L elevated floor bridge x 15 each leg
    Glute 300 (broke these into 4 sets of 25 each; 2 sets after each AB combo)

    A) DB Sumo Squats x 15 (45#DB)
    B) Saxon Side Bends w/ pole x 30 reps

    A) Unilateral Lat-Pulldowns (Freedom Trainer) 95# x 30 reps
    B) Supported mountain climbers x 20 each leg

    A) Elevated step (2 risers) w/ shoulder press 12#e x 20 reps
    B) Inverted crossover knee raise w/ abdominal crunch x 15 each

    One set each of the following:
    A) Overhead tricep extensions x 15 reps
    B) Single Arm jacknife crunches x 20 reps each side

    A) SB Hamstring curls x 15
    B) DB Bicep curls (fast tempo) 10#e x 20 reps

    A) Punches w/ weights (5#DB) x 40sec
    B) Stretch Hamstring/Quads/Triceps/Glutes 10-15 sec hold

    Food choices were excellent today. I'm very happy with myself for getting right back on track after yesterday's not-so-great diet. I'm with Heather regarding what she wrote in her log... if I'm going to have a *cheat* food, I want to make sure that it's one that is worth having. I want to be satisfied, not second guessing why I had one thing instead of what I really wanted.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

    My log

  8. #1508

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Good for you for getting out of your funk and getting an AWESOME workout done! I'm proud of you. I'm not sure what to say re: the source of your funk. I'm lucky to not have issues with money right now, but it is one of the sources of my anxiety in many ways. I am now the sole breadwinner of my household so I often pour so much energy into work for fear I will lose that source of income...it's often not rational.

    I'm with you on choosing "cheat" foods worth having. Honestly, having a cheat day or a cheat meal each week is a really helpful thing for me. It puts things in perspective. If I'm craving something during the week I can always put it off until Saturday.

  9. #1509

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Quote Originally Posted by "L'ilJ":1x5skd2r
    Good for you for getting out of your funk and getting an AWESOME workout done! I'm proud of you. I'm not sure what to say re: the source of your funk. I'm lucky to not have issues with money right now, but it is one of the sources of my anxiety in many ways. I am now the sole breadwinner of my household so I often pour so much energy into work for fear I will lose that source of income...it's often not rational.

    I'm with you on choosing "cheat" foods worth having. Honestly, having a cheat day or a cheat meal each week is a really helpful thing for me. It puts things in perspective. If I'm craving something during the week I can always put it off until Saturday.
    Thank you Jill.... I'm kinda proud of me too. Yeah, the money thing definitely sucks. I work 2 jobs as it is, and am contemplating a third. Granted, my second job is only 7 hours a week, but at least it does get me a free gym membership too. I love being a teacher, but the pay is just not doing it for me. I would think that after 25 years of teaching I'd be able to pay my friggin' bills on time. Ugh. I was the sole breadwinner for a while and that was no fun either. Thankfully, my job is very secure and I have great insurance that can cover the whole family.

    Waiting to hear back from my trainer regarding a time with him this week. I wish I could work with him more than once a month... *sigh*. (No more whining.... I am happy that I get to work with him at all).

    Tomorrow I'm sleeping in after staying up late to watch the Olympics. Will do either spin or zumba tomorrow night.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

    My log

  10. #1510

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Quote Originally Posted by "lorigaud":1jl7n0u6
    Worked today until almost 2, then came home and went through coupons before heading out to the grocery store. Got that out of the way, and then came home and headed back to the gym for my workout. I'm proud of myself for not succumbing to the "I don't really want to go" mindset, and going anyway, even though I wasn't really feeling it. Of course, now that it's over, I'm glad I went.
    That is great Lori. I told myself yesterday I was going to workout but of course the day of housework got in the way and by the time I did laundry, cleaned, made a huge pot of homemade spaghetti sauce it was 8:00 p.m. and I was spent. I think the key to doing it on the weekend for me is to do it early because I find that I make excuses as the day goes on.

  11. #1511

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Good job getting back on track.

  12. #1512

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Glad you're back at it - even when you (or I) have a bad day(s) or get into a little funk, we never quit. That's the most important thing.
    Bytsi

    My Workout Log

    "Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

  13. #1513

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Quote Originally Posted by "1165dwj":1hqqf2m9
    That is great Lori. I told myself yesterday I was going to workout but of course the day of housework got in the way and by the time I did laundry, cleaned, made a huge pot of homemade spaghetti sauce it was 8:00 p.m. and I was spent. I think the key to doing it on the weekend for me is to do it early because I find that I make excuses as the day goes on.
    Working out early ANY day is key for me. I do the excuse thing too. Also, I really do prefer getting my workout out of the way early in the day because then I feel like I have more time in my day for other stuff.... I know, doesn't really make sense lol. I have just as much time either way.

    Quote Originally Posted by "Iffy":1hqqf2m9
    Good job getting back on track.
    Thanks Iffy!

    Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi":1hqqf2m9
    Glad you're back at it - even when you (or I) have a bad day(s) or get into a little funk, we never quit. That's the most important thing.
    Amen to that! YES, it is! Thanks Bytsi!

    Continued to stay on track today, although I did go on a picnic with a couple of friends from high school. Actually, they weren't friends of mine in HS, but due to the wonders of fb (lol) they are friends now. We had a great lunch at Portland Head Light on a beautiful, sunny day! Anyway, I had a small ham italian and a few chips for lunch... not *great*, but the rest of my food today was excellent. That's exactly what I want to make a regular practice.... being able to eat something that is not really on my plan, but not let it ruin my entire day. I can totally do this.

    Today's workout:
    45 min spin class
    60 min Zumba class
    Glute 150 (Did the first half before class and then ran out of time to do the second sets, and forgot about it until I was already at home in the shower!)
    "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

    My log

  14. #1514

    Committed to the endeavor....

    I can totally do this.
    YES YOU CAN!!!!
    .· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·' Tracey

  15. #1515

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Glad to see you did some workouts despite your funk. And sorry to hear about the source of your funk. My stepson is heading to college in a few weeks, so I get how financial stress can lead to making food choices you typically wouldn't. Keep hanging in there because YOU ARE WORTH IT!

  16. #1516

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Thank you Tracey and Heather! You are both always very motivating and supportive.... I appreciate it.

    Today has been one of my best days yet in terms of nutrition... I have not had a single bar or processed food.... just real stuff. The best news is that I haven't been hungry either... yay! I took today as a rest day from working out, since I was up late watching the Olympics and had to be up at 6:30 as it was. Couldn't fathom getting up even earlier, and I worked from 10-4, followed by stuff to do at home. Hoping for a loss for the week when I weigh tomorrow, but I have a feeling it's going to be close. We'll see!
    "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

    My log

  17. #1517

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Whoo hoo!!! Congrats on your bar-free and processed-free day! That's a huge win! Seems like the workouts come together for most of us, but the nutrition component is the killer. Definitely pat yourself on the back for today!

  18. #1518

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Quote Originally Posted by "Heather F":avggswm5
    Whoo hoo!!! Congrats on your bar-free and processed-free day! That's a huge win! Seems like the workouts come together for most of us, but the nutrition component is the killer. Definitely pat yourself on the back for today!
    ABSOLUTELY! I know it is all about nutrition, based on the time years ago that I broke my ankle, could do NOTHING for workouts, and yet still lost about 25 pounds because I was vigilant with my diet.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

    My log

  19. #1519

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Quote Originally Posted by "lorigaud":3ngnwg2l
    Today has been one of my best days yet in terms of nutrition... I have not had a single bar or processed food.... just real stuff. The best news is that I haven't been hungry either... yay! I took today as a rest day from working out, since I was up late watching the Olympics and had to be up at 6:30 as it was. Couldn't fathom getting up even earlier, and I worked from 10-4, followed by stuff to do at home. Hoping for a loss for the week when I weigh tomorrow, but I have a feeling it's going to be close. We'll see!
    Congrats on no processed food - I struggle with that one daily!

    I am hooked on the Olympics, love it!

  20. #1520

    Committed to the endeavor....

    Quote Originally Posted by "lorigaud":23k8drt6
    Thank you Tracey and Heather! You are both always very motivating and supportive.... I appreciate it.

    Today has been one of my best days yet in terms of nutrition... I have not had a single bar or processed food.... just real stuff. The best news is that I haven't been hungry either... yay! I took today as a rest day from working out, since I was up late watching the Olympics and had to be up at 6:30 as it was. Couldn't fathom getting up even earlier, and I worked from 10-4, followed by stuff to do at home. Hoping for a loss for the week when I weigh tomorrow, but I have a feeling it's going to be close. We'll see!
    Glad to see this Lori. I find that I do my absolute best when I avoid processed stuff like the plague! LOL It's all about REAL food - do you shop at a local farmer's market?
    .· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·' Tracey

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •