Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL WOMEN'S CHALLENGE - DAILY CHAT THREAD

OFFICIAL WOMEN'S CHALLENGE - DAILY CHAT THREAD

Where is everyone??

I stupidly WEIGHED myself on the weekend. (dunno why....) I now weigh MORE than when I started this challenge??

huh??

That's really all I have to say. I didn't have much *weight* to lose, but I wanted to lose body fat % (and inches!) and I think that would mean some scale numbers lost, too.

Now I'm all confoooooosed. I'll do my proper photos/measurements at the end of April (like all of you), but this was quite disheartening.

And, yes, I've been a faithful gym member and a faithful calorie tracker, too. Harumph.
    Here's my fitness log: http://www.jpfitness.com/index.php/f...-beeps-is-back

maybe you're just swole ...
    nothing counts in weight unless it is repeatable and in the trend
    Approach with caution - I'm keto-adapting

WARNING: Written in minutes and fact-checked in seconds via Google. May contain unsafe levels of self-righteousness. Past cleverness is no guarantee of future results.

Training Log

"Please! One piece of pie won't make the difference and there's plenty of time to catch up! Each individual piece of pie is totally worth it."

...maybe it's a tumour....

"It's NOT a tumour...."

maybe it's a good thing like ...

ps. I haven't been around because I haven't felt very chatty.
    Saqotu

Don't know who discovered water, but I am certain it wasn't a fish.

Dang, that's impressive, Saqotu.

Beeps, it'll be ok .

Dang indeed, really impressive. looking leaner at 136 than at 127 lbs!
    @ Beeps.. fat loss is slow. Water loss/gain is FAST!
    Ergo-log news site
    Perfume diet: "The result was the infiltration of perfume into nearly every aspect of my life touched by food."

Totally Impressive! Wish it were me!! That's an image I pulled off a local gym a while back. Nope, I am still trying to stay below 150 .. all the while thinking I'll be below 140 soon. BUT I am not sticking to any diet very well. Beeps, if you are .. I am sure there is good change going on. Are you weighing food? It was a real eye opening for me when i thought my portions were all right but they were totally off. (Cereal was a particulary bad one...almost 1/3 higher portion size than I had realized).
    Saqotu

Don't know who discovered water, but I am certain it wasn't a fish.

I don't weigh food. And, yes, I've seen all sorts of videos that show the differences in weighing. But, I wasn't weighing my food at the beginning of this program - and I was losing weight (s-l-o-w-l-y), so I am unconvinced that weighing food now would change that dynamic.

Theoretically, because I don't weigh everyday, I have NO idea what is *causing* the fluctuations. And, I don't want to get into the habit of weighing everyday - that f*cked with my head for too many (wasted!) years.

It is what it is.

As you've eluded to, I want the change in my shape - regardless of the scale number - and so I just soldier on.

There's one woman on my mfp website who has a SMOKING hot body - ripped to the nines - and even SHE is moaning that she has put on the pounds, has scaled back her calories to a ridiculously low level and "nothing is working" to take those pounds off!! It kind of makes me say, "if she's unhappy, with her smoking hot body, it's kind of ridiculous for me to worry about the 4 lbs...."

I'll accept, at this point, that it was a 'blip' - and not a 'trend' - and I'll see what happens at month-end.

Excuse me while I go lift some iron, now....

I've decided to add a "10-week-challenge" to come to the end of June with my BEST FOOT FORWARD.

I've posted it on myfitnesspal, because that's where I track my exercise and my nutrition.

In any event, I still see a "muffin-top" when I see myself in the mirror and I just want that gone. If nothing else, I want that done-and-over-with by end of June (i.e. end of this "women's challenge").

Since my lifting is moving forward, it really means I have to focus on my nutrition plan. It has to be cleaner - that's really the only answer that I can think of. I have to be tighter in all the areas that I can be tighter in. (And relax over the diet areas that I'm performing well on.)

I don't have as many nights out over the next 5 weeks, so I think that will help a TON. (Meaning: it's easier for me to choose "no alcohol" when I'm NOT out, then it is if I'm being a social butterfly.)

I have eliminated most of my late-night-snacking, already, so I just need to keep that up.

Unfortunately, I think it's going to mean that I have to step on the scale every week, which is not my favourite thing to do, but I think it's a necessary evil at this point.

And, I'll still take the photos at the end of each month - and work that tape measure, too.

Wish me luck!

Good luck! You can do it!

Does anyone need some extra motivation to hit the gym today? I do :tongue .

This blog post popped up in my reader yesterday and it's helping. It's partly of the "No excuses" variety of motivational speech.

Yes, I need motivation, today. I had to work through lunch, so didn't get my lunch-time work-out in. And, as the day is finishing, I just want to go home. (can't imagine going to the gym, in the rain, and changing into gym wear, to sweat beside the 'after-work' crowd and then squish back into my love-r-ly dress with a sweat-drenched body)

Hi everyone!!!!!!!!! Wow, it has been soooo long. Havent come in here nor MyFitnessPal since leaving on the cruise Apr 8! I didnt think I did so bad eating on the cruise but I do admit I drank some alcohol everyday...well I started feeling "heavier" towards the end of the week...it stepped on the scale and 5lbs heavier!!! What??? So now I am trying to work that off, and it doesnt help I am on that TOM so that could be it. So waiting to weigh in again until it is time to send in our monthly report. Take care everyone!

Welcome back, alf!! I wish you had posted all about your CRUISE (instead of the weight....which will melt right off of you when you get back to your ordinary good eating habits and exercise routine)....

Tell me all about it so that I can fantasize about being in a faraway place doing fun things!!

I am now watching the calendar, because I know measurements and photos aren't very far away. I have been SO strict with my nutrition plan this week, it isn't even funny. And, I've managed pretty well. I thought I'd have more headaches or a grumbly tummy. But, overall, I haven't (although, at this EXACT moment, I am hungry and I'm trying to drink an extra glass of water to postpone when I eat my yogurt...).

Anybody else doing the "last minute" PUSH before end-of-month stats/postings??

I have struggled this entire month, will be lucky if I break even with last month's weigh in but as long as I didn't gain anything I will be semi content, no use in crying it is what it is. I know that I did not put my heart into this month. I am trying to get myself back on track and it is a struggle but I did at least this week get my 3 lifting days in an one day of cardio so I am happy with that anyway. Now if I can just pull back the reins caloriewise!

1165dwj - I don't think you should give up on this month, just yet!! You can still get in some last-minute opportunities to shine!!

I've had a good month. Much stronger in the last-half, than in the first-half....but I'm feeling like I'm finding my groove with this whole thing and that only bigger-and-better things are in store for me!

Quote Originally Posted by "Beeps2011":245zec9s
    1165dwj - I don't think you should give up on this month, just yet!! You can still get in some last-minute opportunities to shine!!
    LOL Beeps, its the weekend - it would take the parting of the red sea to make be compliant now that the weeked is here (lol). That is why changes are soooo slow with me - no one to blame but my myself.

*tentatively* sticks toe in thread.

I know I am not part of this challenge, but I see some friends from the 3 month challenge.

I would really love to follow along! And whoop, whoop, and commiserate!
    http://www.jpfitness.com/showthread.php?p=931397#post931397
    If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes!
    Strong is the new sexy!