Page 108 of 212 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 4230

Thread: Ask Me How I Built This Butt

  1. #2141

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Quote Originally Posted by "tbrown1025":2kizkyjg
    Wait, what part of NY are you in??? I have a semi-planned trip up there either at the end of this year or in the spring of next year.
    We live in downtown Boston. We travel to NYC frequently for fun. Our families are still in the Saratoga area of Upstate NY.

    Quote Originally Posted by "L'ilJ":2kizkyjg
    When I go to NY I'm talking New York City. If you're planning a trip later this year maybe it's an opportunity for a JPs East Coast Meetup!
    Yes, I understood.

    Quote Originally Posted by "fengshway":2kizkyjg
    oooh, east coast JP meet up in NYC, YAY. then I get to meet tom and caren now, versus 20 years from now when I finally get to boston....
    Tom (Stingo) has been advancing that concept for years - it just might happen, although it might be more serendipity than planning

    Quote Originally Posted by "ZachL":2kizkyjg
    I have to say that blowdrying incident is too funny. It's so ironic that you'd get injured doing that when you do these mindblowing workouts. Speaking of your workouts, it's amazing how consistent you are given how full your life is. And those workouts look pretty metabolically intensive. I prefer to take my workouts slower and just eat less :P
    Zach, ya don't know that half of it Given her frequent attempts at various circus tricks I'm surprised she has managed to stay major injury free

  2. #2142
    Senior Member no mouse no more's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South End, Boston
    Posts
    4,526

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi":1vzs2pc5
    I once put my neck completely out when I was blowdrying my hair... super painful and took nearly a week to recover!
    I have had more than one hair stylist develop carpel tunnel syndrome and have to take time off for recuperation! You can be sure that I will be watching my blow drying form much more carefully in the future!

    Quote Originally Posted by "TomK":1vzs2pc5
    Zach, ya don't know that half of it Given her frequent attempts at various circus tricks I'm surprised she has managed to stay major injury free
    I have some mad balance-on-a-medicine-ball-while-brushing-my-teeth skills, for starters. :tongue

    Friday, April 20th

    Foam Roll, Stretch

    HIIT, 10 minute warmup
    20 minutes of alternating between a walk (4mph) and an easy jog (6mph)
    5 minute cool down

  3. #2143

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Watch your back/neck with all the hair-do work! From all the accidents & incidents I hear about, it almost seems like non-WO related ones are more frequent!

    Thought of you on Thursday when visiting a humongous fitness expo in Germany and saw the very first trap bar! Didn't dare to lift it with the weight on it and too lazy to take the weight off so left it to DH who commented he enjoyed using it and could see how it would esp benefit people with longer limbs.
    Ergo-log news site
    Perfume diet: "The result was the infiltration of perfume into nearly every aspect of my life touched by food."

  4. #2144

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Quote Originally Posted by "L'ilJ":3k2hrmmj
    When I go to NY I'm talking New York City. If you're planning a trip later this year maybe it's an opportunity for a JPs East Coast Meetup!
    I'd be in NYC too. Well, I'd be staying in CT, but visiting NYC. However, I'm not exactly sure when yet, but I will definitely keep you all mind. How fun to meet up!!

  5. #2145

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":3isr0oin
    I have some mad balance-on-a-medicine-ball-while-brushing-my-teeth skills, for starters. :tongue
    I want PICS
    though love be a day; and life be nothing, it shall not stop kissing
    - e.e. cummings

  6. #2146
    Senior Member no mouse no more's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South End, Boston
    Posts
    4,526

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Quote Originally Posted by "Espi":2jeqnn86
    Watch your back/neck with all the hair-do work! From all the accidents & incidents I hear about, it almost seems like non-WO related ones are more frequent!
    It was a strange way to hurt myself. Something that I do regularly without ever having had an issue! If it happened to Bytsi, too, it must not be that uncommon.

    Quote Originally Posted by "Espi":2jeqnn86
    Thought of you on Thursday when visiting a humongous fitness expo in Germany and saw the very first trap bar! Didn't dare to lift it with the weight on it and too lazy to take the weight off so left it to DH who commented he enjoyed using it and could see how it would esp benefit people with longer limbs.
    I enjoyed reading the write up you did of the "freak show" (). I wonder if the reason I enjoy using the hex bar so much is that, like your DH noted, it is great for those of us with long limbs? I hadn't thought of that as much as the fact I like the neutral grip. Thanks for thinking of me when you saw it!

    Quote Originally Posted by "tbrown1025":2jeqnn86
    I'd be in NYC too. Well, I'd be staying in CT, but visiting NYC. However, I'm not exactly sure when yet, but I will definitely keep you all mind. How fun to meet up!!
    It really is great to meet in person the people we correspond with every day! It is one of the reasons I enjoyed meeting TRE83 last week, and why I am so excited to be going to the Summit next month. I went two years ago with TomK before I had started a log, and I was "meeting" everyone for the first time, and had a great time! This trip I have a common foundation, and can't wait!!

    Quote Originally Posted by "ZachL":2jeqnn86
    I want PICS
    I am not sure I can balance, brush AND take a photo at the same time, .....geez.... but I might try!

    I spent most of yesterday sitting, and exercising my listening and social skills. Not easy. I took a three hour drive to upstate NY to attend my niece's bridal shower, and then drove home again, mom in tow. Today's trip to the gym was SOOOO NEEEEEEDED and wonderful just to be able to move heavy stuff and hang out with TomK!!


    Sunday, April 22nd
    Foam Roll, runners stretch

    Crouched X Band Walks arms overhead, 20(e)x2
    Front squats, 85x8x2, 95x8, 105x8
    Rack Pulls, 135x6x2, 145x6, 155x6
    Cable Pull Through, 30x12, 35x12
    Lying Leg Curls, 35x30
    Cable Hip Abduction, 12.5x12x1
    Stretch & Foam Roll

  7. #2147

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Did someone say Summit in NY City ... hmmm, that'd be awesome. I'm about a 9 hour drive but probably only a couple hour flight away. I LOVE NY City. I'd try to make that one.
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact,
    just surrounding yourself with assholes. -- William Gibson

  8. #2148
    Senior Member no mouse no more's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South End, Boston
    Posts
    4,526

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Quote Originally Posted by "Jewel22":1pxwq38g
    Did someone say Summit in NY City ... hmmm, that'd be awesome. I'm about a 9 hour drive but probably only a couple hour flight away. I LOVE NY City. I'd try to make that one.
    It would be a fun city to meet up in, for sure! What I like about NYC is the easy train ride from my house makes it stress free travel!

    An enormous rain/wind storm blew through Boston overnight, rearranging furniture on my roof deck at 2:20 am, and keeping TomK and I awake for hours. Lack of sleep and a 6am wake up call made today's workout which is just slightly different than the one I did last week feel VERY different. And not in a good way.


    Monday, April 23rd

    Foam Roll, Inchworms with a push up

    KB press with rotation, 12kgx5(e)
    TGU, 16kgx1x3

    Grey Cook off set cable Chest Press, 12.5x10(e)
    Alternating DB Press, 35x8(e)x3
    Single Leg DB Squat to bench, 10(e)x10(e)x3

    Inverted Rows, 14x2
    Single Leg Glute Bridges, 10(e)x2

    The storm overnight must have kept my mom up as well. She is usually the first one up, and she is still asleep! :tongue

  9. #2149

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    I recall someone at that Summit being reluctant to start a log here. How times have changed.

    As for a meet up I agree with TomK - a serendipitous gathering is far more likely than something planned. I just wanted to get something off the ground.
    Tom

    Curling in the squat rack is like crapping in a urinal - Tony Gentilcore

    Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera

  10. #2150

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Lousy sleep kills me. I can NOT function after a poor (or too-short) night's sleep anymore... I just cannot. The wind-storm is hitting pretty strongly here as I type... hopefully the web doesn't cut out before I click POST!
    Bytsi

    My Workout Log

    "Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

  11. #2151
    Senior Member no mouse no more's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South End, Boston
    Posts
    4,526

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Quote Originally Posted by "stingo":2moqou6l
    I recall someone at that Summit being reluctant to start a log here. How times have changed.

    As for a meet up I agree with TomK - a serendipitous gathering is far more likely than something planned. I just wanted to get something off the ground.
    Yes, this site was Tom's "territory" and I didn't want to interfere. It was wrong thinking, and I got better.

    Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi":2moqou6l
    Lousy sleep kills me. I can NOT function after a poor (or too-short) night's sleep anymore... I just cannot. The wind-storm is hitting pretty strongly here as I type... hopefully the web doesn't cut out before I click POST!
    The national news last night was warning people to be prepared to be without power for two weeks with this storm.... hope that isn't you.

  12. #2152

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Quote Originally Posted by "Jewel22":22qniqby
    Did someone say Summit in NY City ... hmmm, that'd be awesome. I'm about a 9 hour drive but probably only a couple hour flight away. I LOVE NY City. I'd try to make that one.
    That would be awesome!! I'll be there!!
    .· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·' Tracey

  13. #2153
    Senior Member no mouse no more's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South End, Boston
    Posts
    4,526

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Quote Originally Posted by "dillytl":2mimgv8u
    That would be awesome!! I'll be there!!
    Hi Tracey! It might happen some day. Until then, I know Stingo is talking about pulling together a get together in Philly in the fall, as an alternative.

    So with my Mom here, the only real "quiet time" that I might have time to log and check in with everyone else is when she is keeping up with her Facebook and email on MY computer . She even talks to me while I run the noisy vacuum, and can't hear a thing. :tongue But I have found one minute to log my workout and I should be able to make the rounds to others on Friday.

    Wednesday, April 25th

    Foam Roll, Hang Clean warmup with Bar

    Hip Thrust Rest Pause Method, 135x5 (warm up), 205x6,2,1,1 225x6,2,1,1
    Hex Bar DL (handles down), 135x3, 140x5, 145x5, 150x5
    Goblet Squats, 45x20
    Lying Leg Curls, 45x10, 50x10
    Side Lying Clam Raise, 10(e)x2

  14. #2154

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":2nogf9vy
    Hi Tracey! It might happen some day. Until then, I know Stingo is talking about pulling together a get together in Philly in the fall, as an alternative.

    So with my Mom here, the only real "quiet time" that I might have time to log and check in with everyone else is when she is keeping up with her Facebook and email on MY computer . She even talks to me while I run the noisy vacuum, and can't hear a thing. :tongue But I have found one minute to log my workout and I should be able to make the rounds to others on Friday.
    OMG! that's my mom too! she once started having a conversation with me when i was getting into the shower in the other room! i mean, i have a tiny apartment, but that's just crazy!

    but, it's so nice to have moms around.

  15. #2155

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Quote Originally Posted by "cprunner":2nanodvm
    OMG! that's my mom too! she once started having a conversation with me when i was getting into the shower in the other room! i mean, i have a tiny apartment, but that's just crazy!

    but, it's so nice to have moms around.
    It sure is.
    Jane

    "Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

  16. #2156
    Senior Member no mouse no more's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South End, Boston
    Posts
    4,526

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Quote Originally Posted by "missjane":cnqcpxlh
    It sure is.
    No doubt about that.

  17. #2157

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Continue having fun with your mom! She sounds like a pip. :tongue

    God willing, I'll be able to meet you and TomK one of these days. But since I do go to New York more often than anywhere else, it's most likely to happen sooner, rather than later.
    All whiners will be buried in shallow and unmarked graves. - Bad Ben

    My occasional workouts are posted here

  18. #2158

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Quote Originally Posted by "NYC_Native":3h1jyzie
    Continue having fun with your mom! She sounds like a pip. :tongue

    God willing, I'll be able to meet you and TomK one of these days. But since I do go to New York more often than anywhere else, it's most likely to happen sooner, rather than later.
    When I read that I thought "Didn't you meet at the Summit?" but then remembered your Summit visits were out of synch.
    Tom

    Curling in the squat rack is like crapping in a urinal - Tony Gentilcore

    Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera

  19. #2159

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Too funny -- I don't get my quiet time either when my mom visits, or when I visit her. I sometimes wonder what kind of mom I'll be when my kids are adults.

  20. #2160
    Senior Member no mouse no more's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South End, Boston
    Posts
    4,526

    Ask Me How I Built This Butt

    Quote Originally Posted by "NYC_Native":3lgas192
    Continue having fun with your mom! She sounds like a pip. :tongue

    God willing, I'll be able to meet you and TomK one of these days. But since I do go to New York more often than anywhere else, it's most likely to happen sooner, rather than later.
    Mom is a pip and grows pippier every time I see her. At almost 83 she has slowed down noticeably since her last visit. Getting up and down the stairs takes a lot of time, all four of her limbs, and my standing below with her cane in my hand warning her that if she falls I am hip checking her into the wall. We did a lot less walking and sight seeing this visit as the wonky bricks and cobblestones around here can be treacherous to the most able bodied. We did get her a wheeled walker while she was here that helped a great deal, especially when I met my sister in Lee, MA yesterday at the outlet mall to do the mom swap. We kept losing her as she sped away! That place was built to accommodate walkers and wheelchairs beautifully.

    Quote Originally Posted by "stingo":3lgas192
    When I read that I thought "Didn't you meet at the Summit?" but then remembered your Summit visits were out of synch.
    Like good parents do, last year we attended the graduation of my son in Austin. I admit I cried a little missing the Summit. :tongue

    Quote Originally Posted by "tbrown1025":3lgas192
    Too funny -- I don't get my quiet time either when my mom visits, or when I visit her. I sometimes wonder what kind of mom I'll be when my kids are adults.
    She started conversations as I walked out the door to walk Zeke, and I could hear her voice coming through the door when I was in the bathroom, and there was no need for a radio in the car back and forth to deliver her for sure. She fussed all day about how much food I served her and how often, but admitted that she didn't feel as unsteady when walking either and wondered if they might be related. This morning it took a long time to get Zeke to come downstairs as he stood in her room as if to tell us somebody was missing.

    Friday, April 27th

    Foam Roll

    OH BB Walking Lunges, 30x60 steps

    HIIT, 25 min

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •