Page 134 of 206 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 4106

Thread: Ask Me How I Built This Butt

Ask Me How I Built This Butt

Quote Originally Posted by "RedWifey":1mzzs5dz
    You should totally get her the details!!!

You are so beautiful and RIPPED, NMNM, you should totally do it!! 'cause you're no mouse no mo'!!
    Yes! Of course you would need to learn how to do the posing thing. Not sure how you learn that ... but you could totally do it!

Consider the donation done. Really, why was I thinking about dieting, when I could've simply done that instead?

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":3m9gge7f
    I have lived long enough to know better than to say I would never do ANYTHING. A fitness competition is not on my radar, but who knows? I've done crazier things in my life... And who doesn't love rhinestones? :tongue
    Never say never! I also think you can do it, if you wanted to.
    All whiners will be buried in shallow and unmarked graves. - Bad Ben

My occasional workouts are posted here

OOOOOH I wanna see NM in a rhinestone bikini and stripper shooz!!!!!

I had a spray-tan a few times (maybe 5-ish years ago?) and for some reason it just doesn't work on me. Washes right off every single time. My skin must not react right with it. I tried more than one place (in case the first place was a rip-off), I tried waiting a full 24 hours afterwards (ugh) and washing very gently (no sponge or exfoliation). Nope. I can't seem to rock a fake tan. Since I won't get a real tan (btdt in the '80's lol), I'll just have to stay pale.
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

I agree - you should compete - you would WIN!!
    .· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·' Tracey

[quote="L'ilJ":1l8nj4hb][b]I think anyone who lived through the first round of NEON trend (yes, but we called it DayGlo) in the 80s is exempt from having to wear it now.[/b] Although, I will admit I have ONE neon yellow tank that I bought on a whim at lululemon a couple weeks ago. Haven't worn it yet and don't have matching shoes. Speaking of...I just found out a new lulu is opening 3 miles from my house. I have to drive about 8 miles to the mall to shop there now - I can basically ride my bike to the new place. I'm in trouble.[/quote]

Day-Glo! I forgot about that! Nothing says cool like Day-Glo and a black light!

I once watched a show where a fashion expert said, "If you are old enough to have worn a trend the first time around, you are too old to wear it now". The way trends cycle in and out, at my age it's getting to be impossible to find new styles. It also explains why our moms are relegated to wearing Alfred Dunner clothing. It's the only thing that has never been "in".

[quote="lorigaud":1l8nj4hb]I think I pretty much exclusively wore Garanimals once my mother discovered them. Matchy matchy! [/quote]

Well I can honestly say that is one trend I missed, although I think polyester clothing was invented when I was in middle school and I had every possible color pants (with the creases in the pants sewn in) with matching stripey shirt. So TOTALLY uncool.

Come to think of it, Alfred Dunner IS Garanimals for Grannies!

[quote="Bytsi":1l8nj4hb]NM was asked - more than once, I believe - at the Summit if she competes. Having seen NM in person recently, I'd say she is barely in the low teens, maybe a bit less - she's completely ript. [b]No way is she even mid-teens on bf%.[/b][/quote]

I'm working on it....

[quote="eternal_beginner":1l8nj4hb]Rhinestones and a spray tan. I think that may be the opening line to a country song.[/quote]

:tongue :tongue:tongue Didn't Glenn Campbell write it?

[quote="missjane":1l8nj4hb]I'm inspired...[b]I think I'll pop in for a spray tan tomorrow.[/b] I swear I look leaner with a tan! LOL! I'm going to a really nice dinner tomorrow and it wouldn't hurt to look a bit buff (if that's possible). [/quote]

Did you? I hope you got your rhinestones on too....

[quote="L'ilJ":1l8nj4hb]You could ask them to spray you on one of those fake six packs! I could use one of those.[/quote]

She'd have to wear her midriff barring dress in that case. :tongue

[quote="madetoforget":1l8nj4hb]Have not yet been to the Salty Pig, despite all the buzz. Did you enjoy it enough that you'd make it a point to go again?[/quote]

We DID enjoy it and we will go back. Unfortunately we got there on a Sunday between the brunch and dinner hours, so we just shared a plate of cheese and prosciutto and almonds, pickles and honey comb. I know you don't drink beer, but they have some nice wines and some specialty drinks that looked interesting. Our youngest teases because we tend to go to the same places again and again, and he thinks we should grow tired of them. As we sat at the Salty Pig we thought that we would definitely make it a place to take him when next he is in town, and try one of their real menus. Oh, and they have some nice outdoor seating in case you get there and the weather is right for it!

[quote="madetoforget":1l8nj4hb]
    PS - a female friend of mine is doing some kind of natural bodybuilding / figure competition / show thing at the end of September, taking place at some college outside of town. If everyone here gets to you and convinces you to try something like that, I could get you the details for that one.[/quote]

[quote="RedWifey":1l8nj4hb]You should totally get her the details!!!

You are so beautiful and RIPPED, NMNM, you should totally do it!! 'cause you're no mouse no mo'!! [/quote]

[quote="L'ilJ":1l8nj4hb]Yes! Of course you would need to learn how to do the posing thing. Not sure how you learn that ... but you could totally do it![/quote]

[quote="NYC_Native":1l8nj4hb]
    Never say never! I also think you can do it, if you wanted to.[/quote]

[quote="Bytsi":1l8nj4hb]OOOOOH I wanna see NM in a rhinestone bikini and stripper shooz!!!!!
    [/quote]

[quote="dillytl":1l8nj4hb]I agree - you should compete - you would WIN!![/quote]

Thank you for all the encouragement, you are all so supportive and kind in your words. I have been getting the same support from some of the trainers in my gym, and have never seriously considered the possibility.

[b]Saturday, August 5th[/b]

Foam Roll, Stretch
    KB Single Arm Swings, 12kgx10(e)x3

Hip Thrust WU, BWx6, Single Leg x6x2, 135x6
    Hip Thrust, 255x10x2
    High Box Squats WU, BWx6, 45x6, 95x6
    High Box Squats, 135x10, 145x10
    Sumo Dead Lift, 135x5, 145x5
    Hex Dead Lifts, 135x1, 155x1, 165x1, 175x1, [color="Red"]185x1[/color], 195 FAIL
    Cable Standing Abduction, 17.5x10(e)x2

Hex Dead Lifts = Trap Bar Deadlifts?
    Tom

Curling in the squat rack is like crapping in a urinal - Tony Gentilcore

Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera

Alfred Dunner.....LOL! Man, that's some awful clothing!

Caren, I opted out of the spray tan because it was so damn hot outside and there was NO WAY I could go without a shower before going out! So, I did my own self-tan, and I'm pretty much an expert in the self-tan arena. But, it still didn't make me look buff.
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by "stingo":waxmbp1a
    Hex Dead Lifts = Trap Bar Deadlifts?
    I use the terms interchangeably, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by "missjane":waxmbp1a
    Alfred Dunner.....LOL! Man, that's some awful clothing!

Caren, I opted out of the spray tan because it was so damn hot outside and there was NO WAY I could go without a shower before going out! So, I did my own self-tan, and I'm pretty much an expert in the self-tan arena. But, it still didn't make me look buff.
    I have never had a spray tan. I've tried self tanners and can't get used to the way they smell.

I like your new avi, very pretty!

Monday, August 6th

Foam Roll, Runner's stretch
    Jump Rope, 30sec x3

KB Floor Press w/rotation, 16kgx6(e)x2
    TGU (to hip Extension), 16kgx 6(e) on left, 3(e) on right, x3

Superset:
    Single Leg Squat from 20" platform, dorsiflexed foot, 12(e)x3
    Inverted rows, lower bar feet elevated, 10x3
    Lateral Walking Plank, 8 paces then a pushup, down and back x3

Lateral Walking Plank is new to me, and fun!

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":44huipth
    Thank you for all the encouragement, you are all so supportive and kind in your words. I have been getting the same support from some of the trainers in my gym, and have never seriously considered the possibility.

...UNTIL NOW. i'm late to the party because work is keeping me away from JP - but please count my vote in the DO IT! category. seriously, you look amazing and it's effortless! do it for all of us fatties who can't!

Quote Originally Posted by "cprunner":2vsjou67
    ...UNTIL NOW. i'm late to the party because work is keeping me away from JP - but please count my vote in the DO IT! category. seriously, you look amazing and it's effortless! do it for all of us fatties who can't!
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I just gotta say, OF COURSE YOU COULD DO IT!

Tuesday, August 7th

Cardio
    Warm up
    10 minutes HR@156-161
    5 min HR@162-166
    5 min HR@167-176
    Cool down

Today I found that I had to increase the treadmill speed (compared to the previous SS plans) to get my heart into the desired zones.

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":1xtc98jr
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I just gotta say, OF COURSE YOU COULD DO IT!

Tuesday, August 7th

Cardio
    Warm up
    10 minutes HR@156-161
    5 min HR@162-166
    5 min HR@167-176
    Cool down

Today I found that I had to increase the treadmill speed (compared to the previous SS plans) to get my heart into the desired zones.
    So your heart has decided to follow the lead of your GUNZ and ABZ and get stronger?
    "When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem."

-Emil Zatopek

Quote Originally Posted by "eternal_beginner":34o7qgkn
    So your heart has decided to follow the lead of your GUNZ and ABZ and get stronger?
    Trying to put some distance between my base and threshold HR zones. I think it's about efficiency, and apparently I have no 2nd or 3rd gear. :tongue

Wednesday, August 8th

Foam Roll, Stretch
    Jump rope 30sec x3
    DB Reverse Lunge, 35(e)x8(e)x3
    Prisoner SL Back Extensions, 8(e)x3
    KB Swings, 20kg x20x3
    RKC Plank 30 sec x2

Glute 383's

I took Jane's lead and played Ba, Ba, Ba, Benny and the Jets while I did these. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to stay with the beat of the song. When I did I completed the 100 Glute Bridges long before the song ended. So I just kept counting. I think I got 183. Wasn't happening with the Clamshells.

I stay with that steady beat....bum (up) bum (down) bum (up) bum (down) bum (up) bum (down) bum (up) bum (down)....Hey kids, shake it loose together, the spotlight's hitting something that's been known to change the weather.......and the keeping with it as that same beat is in the background for the whole song. I stop at 100 and start back at the beginning of the song for the clams/right, start at beginning again for clams/left.
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by "missjane":2vp3rpzy
    I stay with that steady beat....bum (up) bum (down) bum (up) bum (down) bum (up) bum (down) bum (up) bum (down)....Hey kids, shake it loose together, the spotlight's hitting something that's been known to change the weather.......and the keeping with it as that same beat is in the background for the whole song. I stop at 100 and start back at the beginning of the song for the clams/right, start at beginning again for clams/left.
    I like doing these to the music because it means I don't have to count. I especially like the part where he sings about the electric glutes and mohair suits. :tongue

Thursday, August 9th
    Foam Roll, Stretch,
    RKC Plank 30sec x2

Triple Extension warm up 10x2
    High Pulls, 45x10x2
    Cable Lateral Rotational Press, 20x8(e)x2

Hang Cleans, 55x6, 75x6, 85x6
    High Pulls, 95x4x2
    Triple Extension with Pause at top, 8x2

Goblet Squat, 40x10x2
    Pull Ups, 3/4" band x10, 1/2" band x6
    Bench Press, 85x10, 90x10

I timed this out last night. When he gets to the falsetto, I'm at about 90. So when it gets to that part, I crank out 10 more reps and then go back to the beginning to start my next 100. (I also love not counting)

electric glutes......lol
    Jane

Quote Originally Posted by "missjane":x8uxukct
    I timed this out last night. When he gets to the falsetto, I'm at about 90. So when it gets to that part, I crank out 10 more reps and then go back to the beginning to start my next 100. (I also love not counting)
    I get 93. But I guess it also depends on where you start, right? There's that one "bump" that is like a test beat at the very start. I don't count that one..... :tongue

Friday, August 10th

Foam Roll, Stretch
    Cardio Program
    Warm Up
    1 min HR 146-155
    3 min HR 162-166
    1 min HR 146-155
    5 sets then cool down

Uni OH DB Press, 30x8(e)x3
    KB swings, 24kgx12x5**

**After my cardio session, I kept my HR monitor on during my presses and swings. I was curious how working with weight would affect my HR. After each set of the KB swings, my HR was up to 167, after a 30 sec break it came down to about 138 or so before I would begin again. This got me wondering how recovery is defined when we talk about HR, and I realize I do not know what I am looking for. Do any of you smart people know how far should it drop, how fast should it drop? Is it a # of beats per minute or is it a percent of how hard it is working? How will I know when I am improving cardiovascularly?

I think it depends on how quickly you can recover to your regular heart rate. If your breathing is such you can't say a complete sentence you're at/over 85%.
    Tom

Curling in the squat rack is like crapping in a urinal - Tony Gentilcore

Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera

So you mean resting heart rate?

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":1q075spw
    So you mean resting heart rate?
    More like recovery heart rate. Resting heart rate is your baseline, your heartbeat when you're doing ordinary activity, or nothing at all.

I'd go by feel with the HR stuff. Though I do use my Forerunner's HR monitor to see where my heart rate and feel/training zones match up... I can honestly say that I feel close to death when I have an average HR of 170 bpm (that's usually in a 5-8K race), LOL. How did you feel after the end of each KB swing set?
    All whiners will be buried in shallow and unmarked graves. - Bad Ben

My occasional workouts are posted here