Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by "Lou Schuler":blkjpsvu
    Another one I'm going to follow for at least one more season: Falling Skies.

Anyone else?
    Yup.

Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by "missjane":mls97zez
    Also, the last season of Breaking Bad starts in July!
    Waiting for this has been just about killing me!

Raeesa

Game of Thrones

Don't start reading GoT, unless you have incredible self-control. I could not put those lengthy books down. I'm safe for now, just finished all five books. G. Martin weaves a good tale.

Epic stuff will happen

Can't wait to see it on screen in following seasons.

BLZ

Game of Thrones

I read all the True Blood books and loved them, that's why I won't give up on the show unless it gets REALLY bad. I think last season had good potential, but they just muddied it up with a bunch of stupid side stories (i.e. Bill and Portia, Terry/Arlene/Ghost Mavis, Tara's New Orleans GF, Sam's annoying brother) instead of keeping with the main storylines (vampires, werewolves and witches) which is what made it kinda suck. The first episode of this season was really good, though, even though they're getting further away from the books (unless they're putting a twist on a book them and it just haven't clicked for me yet).

I do want to read all of the GoT books too, I have heard they're pretty good.

Raeesa

Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by "BLZ":p0hk14gz
    I do want to read all of the GoT books too, I have heard they're pretty good.
    Yeah...they're okay.
    (And by okay, I mean deliciously awesome!)

Game of Thrones

When you play the game of ex-presidents' heads on sticks, you win, or you die.

Game of Thrones

I saw that on the news and cracked up! I'll bet if the commentary on the DVD hadn't mentioned it that it would never have even come out!
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by "BLZ":mto8k78m
    I read all the True Blood books and loved them, that's why I won't give up on the show unless it gets REALLY bad. I think last season had good potential, but they just muddied it up with a bunch of stupid side stories (i.e. Bill and Portia, Terry/Arlene/Ghost Mavis, Tara's New Orleans GF, Sam's annoying brother) instead of keeping with the main storylines (vampires, werewolves and witches) which is what made it kinda suck. The first episode of this season was really good, though, even though they're getting further away from the books (unless they're putting a twist on a book them and it just haven't clicked for me yet).
    I'm with you there. I read an Entertainment Weekly article to catch up on all the stuff I missed last season when I quit watching, and honestly, I don't feel like I missed anything. It looks like they killed off a bunch of characters I couldn't stand anyway.

I just wish Tara could've stayed dead. I just can't find anything interesting or redeeming in her character. I assume the character is supposed to be magnetic, which is why people love her so much. But to my eyes and ears, she's a deadly combination of self-pitying and stupid. She keeps getting herself into trouble by doing dumb things. Her friends rescue her, and then we have to count down the episodes until she does the next stupid thing.

On the flip side, Lafayette just gets more interesting as he goes along. I understand his character was killed off early in the books, so what he's doing in the series is entirely the invention of the writers. Maybe that's why his character works so well. Alan Ball has more invested in him.

No matter how deep they go into the series, Sookie will always be a character created by Charlaine Harris who's part of an ongoing series that has (I would guess) millions of fans. Or at least hundreds of thousands. Without having read the books, I suppose that Ball feels kind of trapped by her character. She was fascinating in the first season, and got less interesting as she went along.

I just hope this season stays at the level of last week's episode. I'll quit watching for good if they get sidetracked again with characters as relentlessly stupid as Sam's brother and his white-trash parents.

Game of Thrones

Aftrer basically bailing on last season (I think I watched the last few episodes while multi-tasking ), you've convinced me to try this season. I LOVE Alan Ball, so I really felt bad that I just couldn't get into it last season. I hope he's got some spectacular up his sleeve for a new series.
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by "Lou Schuler":23m4u8tu
    The Borgias is another one I gave up on this year. Watched the 1st episode, and realized I just didn't care any more. The Borgias as characters don't seem to have any motivation beyond "we're nasty people and this is what they do."
    I just watched the season finale of The Borgias, and I gotta say, Lou, it was a good season and a great finale!
    Jane

Game of Thrones

I finally started watching GoT, and just finished the first season.

I cannot believe that they killed Sean Bein's character! (Obviously I did not read the book, although I do own it). If I had actually read the book I probably would not have gotten so emotionally invested in his character. I guess that I'm pleased that the story is not following some formula where it's built around some famous actor. Anyone can die at any time (just like life I suppose), and the story doesn't seem to play favorites.

I haven't read the thread yet because I feared spoilers, so when I finish up season 3 I will come back and read all the back posts. What a fantastic series though! Amazing cast too.
    www.youtube.com/jpfitness <--- My channel

Like us on Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/jpfitnessforums

Game of Thrones

JP, I would definitely read at least the first two books. The books add to the series, but the series also adds to the books. They show stuff explicitly that GRRM only hints at in the books.

The third book is going to be divided up into 2 seasons, seasons 3 and 4. (For good reason! The third book is huge and incredibly bloody.)

Game of Thrones

I just found out that season three doesn't come out till April. I mis-read IMDB cos I thought it was already out. Now I have to wait 10 months for my show to continue. That's serious torture!

I finished season 2 today, and it really left me hanging. Maybe I'll have to read the books now just to find out what happens.

Like us on Facebook:

Game of Thrones

today Rock Paper Cynic continues his look at GoT

Approach with caution - I'm keto-adapting

WARNING: Written in minutes and fact-checked in seconds via Google. May contain unsafe levels of self-righteousness. Past cleverness is no guarantee of future results.

Training Log

"Please! One piece of pie won't make the difference and there's plenty of time to catch up! Each individual piece of pie is totally worth it."

Game of Thrones

Finally finished dance w\ dragons....got some cliffhangers in that one
    Looking for some fitness product reviews? Check out http://www.otpproductreview.com/

Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by "gobbla":3o93jyra
    Finally finished dance w\ dragons....got some cliffhangers in that one
    Oh, crap, does that mean I have to read it now?

Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by "Lou Schuler":t0upabxr
    Oh, crap, does that mean I have to read it now?
    With all the reading you do, where do you find the time to read?

Like us on Facebook:

Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by "Jean-Paul":17wbxt14
    With all the reading you do, where do you find the time to read?
    Um ...

Game of Thrones

Like us on Facebook: