Page 71 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2654

Thread: en bon point

en bon point

March 30, 2012
    Deload Week
    : Day 5

60 minutes on the elliptical again, 40 of which were hard intervals (usu 3 min work, 1 min rest)

en bon point

stop it punky...de-load
    Looking for some fitness product reviews? Check out http://www.otpproductreview.com/

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "gobbla":ktusk91s
    stop it punky...de-load
    tee-hee :tongue .

actually, i wanted to ask about this. the two days this week i've felt the best were the two days i did cardio in the morning. not only did it help curb my hunger all day (seriously), i just felt more alert and in a better mood.

i definitely don't want to make the long sessions a habit, but i think some cardio would help with fat loss goals, right? what kinds of things could i incorporate with the DJ40 program that wouldn't compromise LBM, but would give me that perk/conditioning? and how often/how much would be optimal?

obviously HIIT of some sort is probably best for fat loss, but the day i did the high intensity tabata-style workout was the day i was STARVING and ended up with a deficit of 0, so that's not gonna work.

en bon point

not saying you are, but don't look at it from the approach of "what is the most I can do to gain whatever I want to gain without getting hurt" but come it at "what's the minimum that I can do to get the benefit from what I'm doing".

So you're coming at it from the perspective that
    - your weightlifting is the priority and ANYTHING other than is extra stuff that is "extra stuff".
    - you want to burn some calories and get some conditioning

Rules
    - more intensity = less frequency\duration

Options
    - Ideally (IMO) yoga\walking\movement drills....pretty much as often as you want as long as you want
    - Sprint (strait up\hill\litvenov) 2x a week...6-8 sprints @ 50m full recovery between, pulling plug early if you lose a step or form breaks
    - Machine, 5min hill\random at as high a lvl as you can do and finish.

General Thoughts
    -You're almost certainly going to be pushing harder than you're supposed to on either the workouts and\or the conditioning . It's your nature and that's okay but walk into the next few weeks with "that" in the back of your head. I'd recommend no more than 1 harder "conditioning" days. It's better to go 1 day harder than you're supposed to than 2...or 3
    Looking for some fitness product reviews? Check out http://www.otpproductreview.com/

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "gobbla":167hyxlm
    not saying you are, but don't look at it from the approach of "what is the most I can do to gain whatever I want to gain without getting hurt" but come it at "what's the minimum that I can do to get the benefit from what I'm doing".

So you're coming at it from the perspective that
    - your weightlifting is the priority and ANYTHING other than is extra stuff that is "extra stuff".
    - you want to burn some calories and get some conditioning

Rules
    - more intensity = less frequency\duration

Options
    - Ideally (IMO) yoga\walking\movement drills....pretty much as often as you want as long as you want
    - Sprint (strait up\hill\litvenov) 2x a week...6-8 sprints @ 50m full recovery between, pulling plug early if you lose a step or form breaks
    - Machine, 5min hill\random at as high a lvl as you can do and finish.

General Thoughts
    -You're almost certainly going to be pushing harder than you're supposed to on either the workouts and\or the conditioning . It's your nature and that's okay but walk into the next few weeks with "that" in the back of your head. I'd recommend no more than 1 harder "conditioning" days. It's better to go 1 day harder than you're supposed to than 2...or 3
    thanks Tony!

you know me so well i promise i am going to stick with the program AS WRITTEN. i'm starting with 50% of 1RM, even if i lose my mind the first week.

so, i think i will walk 2-3x week and do a harder option 1x week. more importantly, i will see how it goes for a few weeks before i change anything!!! you'll be happy to know i'm reading/absorbing Dan John a lot lately and finding it all very sensible and wise.

en bon point

Busted! (doing a harder 'deload' than is needed)
    Good advice all around.. and can I tell you that I've been wanting to buy Dan John's book for a longer time already (Lyle endorsed it) but haven't gotten around to it yet.. so that program should be good to do.
    Ergo-log news site
    Perfume diet: "The result was the infiltration of perfume into nearly every aspect of my life touched by food."

en bon point

What does cp mean in cprunner? Or is that top secret?
    Tom

Curling in the squat rack is like crapping in a urinal - Tony Gentilcore

Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "Espi":176t2vgl
    Busted! (doing a harder 'deload' than is needed)
    Good advice all around.. and can I tell you that I've been wanting to buy Dan John's book for a longer time already (Lyle endorsed it) but haven't gotten around to it yet.. so that program should be good to do.
    which book were you looking at? i'm part way through "Never Let Go" and so far it's been interesting and an easy (and at points, funny) read.

Quote Originally Posted by "stingo":176t2vgl
    What does cp mean in cprunner? Or is that top secret?
    ha! not top secret... actually, i can't believe it's taken almost 50 pages for someone to ask! when i first signed up here i thought i was only going to ask one question, had no idea i'd get sucked in. so i just picked something quickly. i had just come back from a trip to NYC, and had run in my favorite place in the world to run - Central Park. so, CPrunner is Central Park runner.

not only do i no longer live in NYC, but i pretty much never run! i should be DCtrainer, or DCbaker, or something. :tongue

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "cprunner":27f1f6zk
    March 29, 2012
    Deload Week: Day 4

4.7 mile walk home.

i was so sad about not having any winter, but i am actually LOVING this perfect spring walking weather. now if summer would just NEVER come...
    I feel like no one could possible complain about this past winter with any credibility. Except to say we didn't have any But yes, this spring weather is awesome and I fear for when summer hits. It'll be so hot!

Quote Originally Posted by "cprunner":27f1f6zk
    March 30, 2012
    Deload Week
    : Day 5

60 minutes on the elliptical again, 40 of which were hard intervals (usu 3 min work, 1 min rest)
    BUSTED!! Aren't you car free? Don't you walk everywhere anyway?
    My workout log

Currently training for two.

en bon point

So why did it become cprunner instead of CPRunner or CPrunner?

it was indeed "Never let go" , here's his review: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...ct-review.html
    Ergo-log news site
    Perfume diet: "The result was the infiltration of perfume into nearly every aspect of my life touched by food."

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "CathyS":9cpgbnqh
    I feel like no one could possible complain about this past winter with any credibility. Except to say we didn't have any But yes, this spring weather is awesome and I fear for when summer hits. It'll be so hot!

BUSTED!! Aren't you car free? Don't you walk everywhere anyway?
    i just LOVE the snow... so i really missed that. shhhh... i'm pretending summer is not coming.

yep, car free, and do walk everywhere! but in an average workday, just commuting is only 1.5 miles. that's not all that much...

Quote Originally Posted by "Espi":9cpgbnqh
    So why did it become cprunner instead of CPRunner or CPrunner?

it was indeed "Never let go" , here's his review: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...ct-review.html
    that's a pretty accurate review.

as for the cprunner, haven't you noticed that i'm generally way too lazy for capital letters when writing informally? :tongue

en bon point

I had assumed cp stood for College Park since you're in DC.

en bon point

I thought it stood for cutie pie
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

en bon point

Thanks for revealing the "cp" - I've been curious.

en bon point

And here I thought that CP stood for your initials! The mystery's now solved.

... but don't look at it from the approach of "what is the most I can do to gain whatever I want to gain without getting hurt" but come it at "what's the minimum that I can do to get the benefit from what I'm doing".
    I really like this nugget of wisdom. "More" isn't always better, and I constantly have to remind myself of this, too.
    All whiners will be buried in shallow and unmarked graves. - Bad Ben

My occasional workouts are posted here

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "madetoforget":uomxelqv
    I had assumed cp stood for College Park since you're in DC.
    oh, that's a smart guess! i like it!

Quote Originally Posted by "missjane":uomxelqv
    I thought it stood for cutie pie
    i like this guess even more!

Quote Originally Posted by "NYC_Native":uomxelqv
    And here I thought that CP stood for your initials! The mystery's now solved.

you weren't the only one... NMNM thought so as well. would have made more sense, LOL!

April 1
    6 mile fairly brisk walk in the spring weather. lots of sitting around yesterday so i was itching to get moving. can't wait to start DJ40 tomorrow, even though i know that's going to drive me insane!

also, i did some research and got a Kindle over the weekend. i'm such a sucker for gadgets. :tongue it is supposed to arrive tomorrow night, thanks to Amazon Prime!

en bon point

Isn't it weird how you just throw a username out there to sign up for the forum and you get saddled with it? I have no idea why I decided that L'ilJ would be my name. Maybe it had to do with L'il Kim getting out of jail or maybe L'il John or L'il Wayne getting put IN jail...but I just picked L'ilJ and the rest is history.

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "gobbla":vr23r8ps
    that's awesome! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by "L'ilJ":vr23r8ps
    Isn't it weird how you just throw a username out there to sign up for the forum and you get saddled with it? I have no idea why I decided that L'ilJ would be my name. Maybe it had to do with L'il Kim getting out of jail or maybe L'il John or L'il Wayne getting put IN jail...but I just picked L'ilJ and the rest is history.
    ha - i always guessed it was a nickname of yours, not just something random, too!

en bon point

April 2, 2012
    Dan John 40 Day Workout
    Day 1

bench
    50 x 5
    55 x 5

chins (between bench)

deadlift
    75 x 5
    75 x 5

squat
    45 x 5
    45 x 5

farmer walk
    30s x 4 gym lengths

plank

45sec

+15 min easy cycling

-------------------------

i feel like i went in the gym and warmed up and forgot to work out!