Page 78 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2654

Thread: en bon point

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "missjane":244end4i
    Nice DJ40 progress!! I'm glad you are liking it. I'm still sort of "meh" about it. I think it just doesn't excite me. But, for now, it's OK, as I'm not in full-on training mode anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by "gobbla":244end4i
    I'm like Jane. the 40day isn't interesting at all. It's easy to respect it for what it is, but it's hard to really get worked up for\about. I think it's a really good transition program. You can move into 5/3/1 or power training or whatever makes you happy and the overall block of progress (6mo) will be real solid
    thanks! i'm actually really enjoying it. after all the complexity and intensity of Power Training, it is really great to have a short, already planned workout. i am sure by the time it is over i will be REALLY ready to get back to it, but for right now it is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by "Jewel22":244end4i
    ... just catching up

Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi":244end4i
    LOL at the sign... at my gym, there's a sign on the way out and it has touted many asinine things from dangerous supplements (clenbutrx if you wanna google this stuff) that they sell, to making sure you buy a smoothie because otherwise you'll blow your "30 minute window" and why did you even bother working out at all... ugh!!!
    that's why i drink my patented 500 calorie 10-fruit shake before i even re-rack my weights. otherwise you go immediately catabolic. DUH

Quote Originally Posted by "amz155":244end4i
    Love the sign and new avi!
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by "tbrown1025":244end4i
    Hi, CP! You do look like you're doing good on the DJ40. You keep leading the way; I'll keep following.
    ha, i think it's really hard to tell if anyone is 'doing good' on it because it's so light! i'm just thankful in my gym no one has any idea what i'm doing anyway. if i were you i think i'd consider doing the PT total fitness next... that's a great program too and you seem to really like PT.

en bon point

April 14, 2012, by the numbers:

100 years since the Titanic disaster

60 minutes of prana flow yoga

3 hours until first rooftop party of the season!

1 beer i may treat myself to for being great with the diet so far

en bon point

April 15, 2012

4.5 mile walk to go shopping for a cocktail dress for an upcoming black tie dinner. unfortunately the walk was nearly all uphill and it was probably 80 degrees. the not-sweating thing comes in very handy here (not that i wasn't totally disheveled!)

en bon point

April 16, 2012
    Dan John 40 Day Workout
    Day 11

bench
    65 x 5
    70 x 5

chin-ups
    2 sets of 6 assisted, purple band

deadlift
    100 x 5
    100 x 5

squat
    65 x 5
    70 x 5

loaded carry
    farmer walk with 50s, 3 lengths

plank
    78 sec

+40 min cycling and finishing the fluffy magazine

----------------------------------

i laughed out loud when i realized the farmer walk was carrying the same weight i used for deadlifting. :tongue

really feeling the deficit today... and to make things worse, the A/C in the gym is not working today! hope they get it up and running for the lunchtime crowd... it's going to be almost 90 here today. blech!

on a positive note, i FINALLY ordered Starting Strength last night, so i'm really looking forward to that arriving!

en bon point

April 17, 2012
    Dan John 40 Day Workout
    Day 12

bench
    70 x 5
    70 x 5

chin-ups
    5 total, red band (less assist)

deadlift
    100 x 5
    105 x 5

squat
    65 x 5
    70 x 5

loaded carry
    crosswalk with 35/15 dbs, 6 lengths

plank
    1:30

+20 min cycling

----------------------------------

i realized i have been doing 10 second longer planks than recorded for the last week. i hit 90 seconds today and thought wait... if i did 2 less seconds yesterday, that's 88... but i thought i did 78. man, deficits. why are your math skills always the first to go?!

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "cprunner":2zhntmo8
    on a positive note, i FINALLY ordered Starting Strength last night, so i'm really looking forward to that arriving!
    I have to get around to doing that too. I think I might order Cosgrove's Female Body Breakthrough as well. Have you done FBB? I'm wondering if its a program I'll like after Power Training.

en bon point

I did not like FBB. Now, mind you, I didn't DO it, but I just didn't like it while reading it. And, the workouts just seemed confusing to me and not very straightforward. Nothing I couldn't have have figured out if I had put in the effort to do so, but I didn't.

But, Starting Strength is a no-brainer.
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi":3pt1ds2m
    LOL at the sign... at my gym, there's a sign on the way out and it has touted many asinine things from dangerous supplements (clenbutrx if you wanna google this stuff) that they sell, to making sure you buy a smoothie because otherwise you'll blow your "30 minute window" and why did you even bother working out at all... ugh!!!
    Our gym has found a new way to advertise that I find strange....

Given that their usual ads involve women just like the models on the poster (pics are at the bottom of the article).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...0.html#s588828

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "amz155":vheaebxz
    I have to get around to doing that too. I think I might order Cosgrove's Female Body Breakthrough as well. Have you done FBB? I'm wondering if its a program I'll like after Power Training.
    you know, for some reason i was just not interested in FBB. i haven't even really looked at it. i think it's that it was just TOO geared towards women. while NROL4W is obviously the same way, the overall tone was "man up", which i can get on board with.

Quote Originally Posted by "missjane":vheaebxz
    i know! can't believe it's taken me a year to get it. and it has been about a year, right about now. i will have to look in my calendar to see when i started NROL4W. i may have a lift-a-versary coming up. :tongue

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":vheaebxz
    Our gym has found a new way to advertise that I find strange....

Given that their usual ads involve women just like the models on the poster (pics are at the bottom of the article).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...0.html#s588828
    how strange! the article cites a similar campaign in 2010, so it's an ongoing thing for the gym, too... really mixed message.

en bon point

making sure you buy a smoothie because otherwise you'll blow your "30 minute window" and why did you even bother working out at all... ugh!!!
    They now have a "smoothie bar" at the Y that I go to....so there are signs like that ALL OVER the gym now!!

i may have a lift-a-versary coming up. :tongue
    Happy lift-a-versary!!!
    .· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·' Tracey

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "cprunner":32660hw3
    if i were you i think i'd consider doing the PT total fitness next... that's a great program too and you seem to really like PT.
    Oh, I'm going to do another round of PT for sure. I do like it, and plus I already have the book.

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "missjane":1g8lk1dv
    I did not like FBB. Now, mind you, I didn't DO it, but I just didn't like it while reading it. And, the workouts just seemed confusing to me and not very straightforward. Nothing I couldn't have have figured out if I had put in the effort to do so, but I didn't.

Good feedback. So maybe I won't pull the trigger on FBB. I don't wanna waste money on the book only to have it suck. I really like PT so it ha raised the bar for me programming wise.

Quote Originally Posted by "cprunner":1g8lk1dv
    you know, for some reason i was just not interested in FBB. i haven't even really looked at it. i think it's that it was just TOO geared towards women. while NROL4W is obviously the same way, the overall tone was "man up", which i can get on board with.
    Ok so FBB is 0/2 today, lol. Not a big sample size but considering who is giving the feedback, I'm ready to remove it from my e-cart.

Any other recommended books, program wise? I already have NROL/NROL4W/NROL4A, PT and Cressey's Maximum Strength (which I've yet to crack open). I need to add something in the cart to get that free shipping

en bon point

Hmm all the materials I can think of probably would be found on the authors' websites, not Amazon.
    Tom

Curling in the squat rack is like crapping in a urinal - Tony Gentilcore

Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera

en bon point

April 18, 2012
    Dan John 40 Day Workout
    Day 13

bench
    70 x 5
    80 x 3
    90 x 2

chins/pullups
    4, 2, 2, red band

deadlift
    105 x 5
    120 x 3
    135 x 2

squat
    70 x 5
    80 x 3
    90 x 2

loaded carry
    double waiter carry with 25s, 6 lengths

plank
    1:32

+20 min elliptical with some intervals thrown in for good measure

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "amz155":466wvc5a
    Good feedback. So maybe I won't pull the trigger on FBB. I don't wanna waste money on the book only to have it suck. I really like PT so it ha raised the bar for me programming wise.

Ok so FBB is 0/2 today, lol. Not a big sample size but considering who is giving the feedback, I'm ready to remove it from my e-cart.

Any other recommended books, program wise? I already have NROL/NROL4W/NROL4A, PT and Cressey's Maximum Strength (which I've yet to crack open). I need to add something in the cart to get that free shipping
    Sorry cp to hijack your log, but:
    Here are a couple of recommendations:
    Cardio Strength Training by Dos
    Enter the Kettlebell by Pavel
    Power to the People by Pavel
    The Naked Warrior by Pavel
    Core Performance by Mark Verstegen (sp?)
    Warrior Cardio by Martin Rooney
    5/3/1 by Wendler
    Anything by Gray Cook or Mike Boyle

Hope that helps,.
    Harlan

"This is the strangest life I've ever known" - Jim Morrison

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Saving Nothing For the Swim Back - My Training Log

Follow me on Twitter: @hmsiegel

en bon point

LOL @ lost math skills.. going low carb can do weird things to the brain.. in other ways you are sharper esp more bitchier/crabbier !
    Ergo-log news site
    Perfume diet: "The result was the infiltration of perfume into nearly every aspect of my life touched by food."

en bon point

What kind of dress did you wind up getting for your swanky event? My inquiring mind wants to know.

Quote Originally Posted by "amz155":137gvjpt
    What kind of goals do you have?

Speaking of Max Strength, I think Bytsi has done it; I'll have to go through her logs to see if I'm not blowing smoke, LOL. A bunch of us here are doing 531, too.
    All whiners will be buried in shallow and unmarked graves. - Bad Ben

My occasional workouts are posted here

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "hmsiegel":2qzp4dal
    5/3/1 by Wendler

Hope that helps,.
    no worries - i wanted to ask that as well as i try to build a good library. so thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by "Espi":2qzp4dal
    LOL @ lost math skills.. going low carb can do weird things to the brain.. in other ways you are sharper esp more bitchier/crabbier !
    so true that dieting does that to you... but low carb actually made me more mellow than usual! i'm also not really doing low-carb for this cut, at this point anyway. i'm averaging about 100-120g/day... but, with fiber subtracted out, about 60-90 g. so, maybe lowISH carb.

Quote Originally Posted by "NYC_Native":2qzp4dal
    What kind of dress did you wind up getting for your swanky event? My inquiring mind wants to know.
    i didn't find anything! luckily i still have a few weeks, so i'm not getting too worried yet. hopefully next time i go some local proms will be over - the dressing rooms were overrun with teenage girls and their moms/grandmas. i have to confess it was pretty cute, though.

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "hmsiegel":1m2k3y2q
    5/3/1 by Wendler

Hope that helps,.
    Awesome. That gives me lots of options to look into. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by "NYC_Native":1m2k3y2q

What kind of goals do you have?

Speaking of Max Strength, I think Bytsi has done it; I'll have to go through her logs to see if I'm not blowing smoke, LOL. A bunch of us here are doing 531, too.
    Mainly increased strength and hypertrophy. Maybe I'll go ask Bytsi about Max Strength....531 is on the to-do list but I'm not sure I'm "ready" for it yet. It seems "hardcore" compared to the programs I've done thus far. Then again, I want to step it up a notch so maybe hardcore is what I need

Oh, wait....531 can only be purchased through the author's website IIRC.

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "amz155":wukipllp
    Mainly increased strength and hypertrophy. Maybe I'll go ask Bytsi about Max Strength....531 is on the to-do list but I'm not sure I'm "ready" for it yet. It seems "hardcore" compared to the programs I've done thus far. Then again, I want to step it up a notch so maybe hardcore is what I need

Oh, wait....531 can only be purchased through the author's website IIRC.
    the discussion starts on page 46 of this very log! it's available on Amazon as well for $3.99 extra, but i would recommend getting it from the Elite FTS website and then just printing it yourself (it's a PDF file). i just bought it (literally this morning!) and am about to print it.