Page 85 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2654

Thread: en bon point

en bon point

The black tie dinner sounds fun. I love to get all dressed up, although that rarely happens around here. Have fun!

en bon point

Ooh, I love getting dressed up! I went to a benefit last weekend for the Fallen and Wounded Soldiers Fund and I got to get all dressed up. It was really awesome. I need more reasons to do that.

en bon point

I like getting dolled up, too. My next opportunity is a ball I'm attending in June. I hope my dress arrives in time for that!

Have fun tonight! And, great job on meeting your fitness goals for the year.
    All whiners will be buried in shallow and unmarked graves. - Bad Ben

My occasional workouts are posted here

en bon point

I still have my blue sequined off the shoulder dress that I bought for, but did not wear to my son's wedding, hanging upstairs, just full of potential. We were supposed to go to a fancy schmancy fund raiser last week, and unfortunately it was cancelled. Maybe the third time will be the charm?

Did you take a picture to share, cp?

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":2kmf5xzd
    Great minds think alike.

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":3f78ic0f
    I still have my blue sequined off the shoulder dress that I bought for, but did not wear to my son's wedding, hanging upstairs, just full of potential. We were supposed to go to a fancy schmancy fund raiser last week, and unfortunately it was cancelled. Maybe the third time will be the charm?

We should be socialites and go to fundraisers all the time! It's funny because I can technically dress "business casual" at work but I never do. Since I usually work from home when I'm not traveling (and spend the day in sweat pants), I take every opportunity to bust out my nice work clothes and high heels when I go into the office. I hate business casual because most people do it wrong. Especially the guys.

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "L'ilJ":3i3hkd09
    Ooh, I love getting dressed up! I went to a benefit last weekend for the Fallen and Wounded Soldiers Fund and I got to get all dressed up. It was really awesome. I need more reasons to do that.
    me too! i only have two or three events like that a year. and at my age, weddings are getting much more sporadic. (and interestingly, more casual too - although i do have two this year so far, one is a backyard barbecue and the other is dressy, but daytime. )

Quote Originally Posted by "NYC_Native":3i3hkd09
    I like getting dolled up, too. My next opportunity is a ball I'm attending in June. I hope my dress arrives in time for that!

Have fun tonight! And, great job on meeting your fitness goals for the year.
    only one goal so far

dress needs to arrive by June - it's only MAY! is it being shipped from the US? or are you having something custom-made and fitted, Oscar-style?

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":3i3hkd09

we did attempt pictures, but i'm not sure how they came out! i'll have to look on my camera tonight to see. they usually do the cocktail hour on this REALLY lovely rooftop and we take loads of pictures out there, but the most powerful woman in the world is currently remodeling the space, so we were stuck indoors in weird lighting. (you could also make the argument that i haven't fully gotten a handle on the new settings on my new camera )

i'm sure you will have a chance to wear the dress! think of it as some extra time to make sure the accessories will be just PERFECT

Quote Originally Posted by "L'ilJ":3i3hkd09
    We should be socialites and go to fundraisers all the time! It's funny because I can technically dress "business casual" at work but I never do. Since I usually work from home when I'm not traveling (and spend the day in sweat pants), I take every opportunity to bust out my nice work clothes and high heels when I go into the office. I hate business casual because most people do it wrong. Especially the guys.
    i'm completely the same way, even though i'm in the office every single day. we have a VERY strange sartorial dichotomy here. no in-between. it's either you are pimped out or you are just about to go to a theme park.

more times than i can count, i will be at a normal meeting in a pencil skirt/nice blouse/patent leather heels, sitting next to a woman in - I KID YOU NOT - a purple velour sweatsuit and sketchers. it's like we don't even work at the same place. it makes me LMAO.

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "L'ilJ":3j4c5gsm
    I am down with that. Where do I submit my application?

How in the world do guys get business casual wrong? Seems the simplest thing in the world!!

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "cprunner":1fcrmn81
    i'm completely the same way, even though i'm in the office every single day. we have a VERY strange sartorial dichotomy here. no in-between. it's either you are pimped out or you are just about to go to a theme park.

more times than i can count, i will be at a normal meeting in a pencil skirt/nice blouse/patent leather heels, sitting next to a woman in - I KID YOU NOT - a purple velour sweatsuit and sketchers. it's like we don't even work at the same place. it makes me LMAO.
    That's hilarious! People aren't THAT bad where I work, but when I go to the office in Tampa there are way too many capri pants (not the cute ones) with floral blouses and ugly flat sandals w/no pedicure. I would think a purple velour sweatsuit and sketchers might be an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":1fcrmn81
    I am down with that. Where do I submit my application?

How in the world do guys get business casual wrong? Seems the simplest thing in the world!!
    Dudes are horrible with business casual. Bad Dockers and golf shirts every damn day. Golf shirts with logos from some resort they went to for vacation. Oh how nice you stayed at the Grand Wailea, huh? I think it's easier to just dress for business. That's just me.

en bon point

I totally agree. We went from business casual and a "jeans Friday" to business casual and jeans everyday a while back. Now, it's even worse. We've got some really bad female dressers, but the men are clueless.

We have one guy who wears a Hawaiian shirt every day of the year. Lots of ill-fitting jeans and really bad shoes. Shirts that should have been thrown out years ago. I actually can't think of ONE stylish guy here at work. And, that includes the gay ones, too.

I can't COMPLETELY let the females off the hook. After all, I WAS the one who reported on the clarinet playing chick who wore a god-awful snowman holiday sweater just a few weeks ago!
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

en bon point

This conversation is cracking me up. My workplace isn't a business environment, exactly, so dress styles are all over the map. I've gotten more casual over time, adapting to the local culture from my previous European/East Coast style, but am still dressier than most of my colleagues... except the ones who wear 30-year-old suits every day. Which is just weird, in this setting. But if you're going to wear a suit, at least let it be clean, and pressed, and maybe even purchased sometime in the past decade.

The biggest issue is the heat, which means many people dress a little more skimpily than they should. This isn't a huge problem in my department, but when I venture elsewhere... hmm, maybe I should start practicing my spying skills by snapping shots of fashion victims.
    ============================
    That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, bingo!
    "Welcome to the Hellmouth": A training log for a new slayer

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "L'ilJ":pfcmjk1c
    Golf shirts with logos from some resort they went to for vacation. Oh how nice you stayed at the Grand Wailea, huh? I think it's easier to just dress for business. That's just me.
    OMG! i laughed out loud at this...

Quote Originally Posted by "missjane":pfcmjk1c
    I can't COMPLETELY let the females off the hook. After all, I WAS the one who reported on the clarinet playing chick who wore a god-awful snowman holiday sweater just a few weeks ago!
    and again at this! the image of her playing the clarinet in her car at lunch is still with me...

Quote Originally Posted by "Plin":pfcmjk1c
    This conversation is cracking me up. My workplace isn't a business environment, exactly, so dress styles are all over the map. I've gotten more casual over time, adapting to the local culture from my previous European/East Coast style, but am still dressier than most of my colleagues... except the ones who wear 30-year-old suits every day. Which is just weird, in this setting. But if you're going to wear a suit, at least let it be clean, and pressed, and maybe even purchased sometime in the past decade.

The biggest issue is the heat, which means many people dress a little more skimpily than they should. This isn't a huge problem in my department, but when I venture elsewhere... hmm, maybe I should start practicing my spying skills by snapping shots of fashion victims.
    hi Plin! thanks for stopping by. it's funny how things are more casual on the west coast, no? and if i remember, you're in a university setting, right? i used to work in that field and i know all bets are off with clothing :tongue

en bon point

May 4, 2012
    Dan John 40 Day Workout
    Day 25

bench

70 x 5
    70 x 5

chin-ups
    4, 4, 3, all with red band

deadlift
    115 x 5
    125 x 5

squat
    75 x 5
    80 x 5

loaded carry
    double waiter carry with 25s, 8 lengths

plank
    1:54

+4.7 mile walk home

--------------------------------------------

ugh - with two big eating events this week and not walking home as much, the cut has really slipped. i am still in a deficit, but definitely need to dial it back up for the these last few weeks!

there is now blood on my workout log. my EVEN EASIER STRENGTH workout log. for some reason i find that amusing. :tongue no big deal - just a cut on my hand, but it makes me feel bad ass.

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "cprunner":2tegsyoj
    there is now blood on my workout log. my EVEN EASIER STRENGTH workout log. for some reason i find that amusing. :tongue no big deal - just a cut on my hand, but it makes me feel bad ass.
    You are now officially badass.

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "cprunner":1rl6p26r
    hi Plin! thanks for stopping by. it's funny how things are more casual on the west coast, no? and if i remember, you're in a university setting, right? i used to work in that field and i know all bets are off with clothing :tongue
    Yes, it's hard to say whether the biggest offenders are the students or the faculty. And like I said, our department isn't bad: sometimes I have occasion to interact with people in disciplines that, uh, clearly do not leave them any functioning brain cells for basic life skills like getting dressed.

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "Plin":23qlyxlu
    Yes, it's hard to say whether the biggest offenders are the students or the faculty. And like I said, our department isn't bad: sometimes I have occasion to interact with people in disciplines that, uh, clearly do not leave them any functioning brain cells for basic life skills like getting dressed.
    Yes, but have they showered and applied deodorant? Its lots of fun when you're in a small seminar room and that person is the one writing on the board. The lack of fashion sense is no longer so important
    My workout log

Currently training for two.

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "CathyS":swakglwc
    Yes, but have they showered and applied deodorant? Its lots of fun when you're in a small seminar room and that person is the one writing on the board. The lack of fashion sense is no longer so important
    Hee! Luckily, I haven't had any reason to be in small seminar rooms with people of suspicious hygiene. That would indeed make me forget all about relative stylishness.

There is one person who occasionally frequents the fitness center, though, who I suspect goes several days without a proper shower. Maybe even after workouts. It's... unpleasant.

en bon point

Quote Originally Posted by "cprunner":1c9r1011

Ironic. I agree with L'ilJ - offical bad assedness is yours.

have the beau sing you "blood upon the risers" to celebrate

en bon point

Ah....the office attire! I remember some of the ridiculous things people used to think were "business casual"!!
    .· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·' Tracey

en bon point

Too cool about the bloodshed in this log.

Quote Originally Posted by "cprunner":3c045n1y
    dress needs to arrive by June - it's only MAY! is it being shipped from the US? or are you having something custom-made and fitted, Oscar-style?
    I'm too ghetto for the latter, lol. I ordered the dress from a prom website in the US. The package deliveries here are a mixed-bag; sometimes, they're very quick (Amazon is awesome when it comes to APO/FPO overseas shipping). But others are incredibly slow! So I hope this website is more like the former, not the latter.