Page 45 of 75 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: BLZ's Training

BLZ

BLZ's Training

2/25 DE Lower

Box squat, wider than normal stance
    (200 + 110 chain x 2) x 6

Toes to mono, bottom half of squat (hit the box but only come halfway back up)...set of 15 like this:
    150x5 w/ 3 mats on the box
    150x9 w/ 2 mats
    150x1 w/ 1 mat

Conventional Pulls, 135 bar weight

(5 complete pulls, 5 from floor to knees...all as one set) x 2 sets
    One set of 5 reps of: one complete pull, bring back to knees, bring back up = 1 rep

Weighted decline abs

BLZ

BLZ's Training

RE Upper

Bench Press
    (135x5) x 2
    (145x5) x 3

3-board Press
    135x30
    (145x20) x 2

Called it here, the high reps on the board press kill me so I wanted to skip accessories today in an effort to be kinda "fresh" to get in my shirt Thursday.

BLZ

BLZ's Training

ME Lower

Box squat set just below parallel, green bands (140ish at the top)
    150x1
    200x1
    240x1
    260x1
    280x1

High box with green bands
    150x20

Arch-back good mornings - these are the one exercise that is guaranteed to throw my hip/sacrum out of alignment, so I keep them very light
    60x20
    (110 x 10) x 3

Top-end Reverse Hypers (to hit glutes)
    4 x 10

Purple band leg curls
    4 x 15

Hip abductions with doubled monster mini
    4 x 20

Decline abs with 30lb KB
    4 x 8

KB side bends with 45lb KB
    4 x 20 per side

BLZ

BLZ's Training

Well, we're getting down to the nitty gritty. I'm 7 weeks out, I'm in the middle of the 6th week of training left (the week leading up to the meet is basically a complete deload).....I'll be in my bench shirt for 4 out of the next 6 weeks starting tonight. I need to talk to a couple "advisors" tonight but I may go to my chest, which I haven't done in the shirt since my meet, in an effort to find/finalize my opening bench attempt.

I just weighed myself, first time I've remembered to do it first thing in the morning for a while.....came in at 155.6. That's a little heavier than what I want, I'd prefer to be more like 152-154 first thing in the morning and 155-156 in the afternoon, so I'll have to be cognizant in the next few weeks and make a couple small changes to drop 2-3 pounds. I don't want to have too big a cut to make weight.

BLZ's Training

oh, boo to less donuts.

how long is the whole training cycle? 7 weeks left, out of how many?

BLZ

BLZ's Training

I don't really have a training cycle, I train the same all the time just add more gear work leading up to a meet. I started doing more work in my gear at maybe 10 weeks out or so?

BLZ's Training

Just stopping by to say hi since I've been a sick slacker.
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

BLZ

BLZ's Training

Quote Originally Posted by "missjane":12gvgjdn
    Just stopping by to say hi since I've been a sick slacker.
    Hey Jane, hope you feel better soon!!

BLZ

BLZ's Training

ME Upper

Bench Press - shirt work!!
    bar x 8
    95 x 3
    115 x 1
    135 x 1
    155 x 1

Add shirt:

3-board
    205 x 1

2-board
    230 x 1
    255 x 1
    275 x 1
    285 x 1 -- this wasn't a "max," tonight's goal was to take a realistic third attempt to a 2-board. So we're hoping my third attempt is somewhere in the 275-290 range.

Accessory work:
    Pullups - 5x5
    DB side raises - (20s x 8) x 4
    Low cable shrugs - 20 x 4
    Tricep pushdowns - 15 x 4

BLZ's Training

Hiya, B! Glad to see your training is going well as you get closer to your next meet. Sorry you have to drop a few lbs -- that always sucks, no matter who you are.

BLZ

BLZ's Training

Eh...its not a big deal at all. Just maybe 2-3 pounds...that basically means diet pop instead of regular, haha.

BLZ

BLZ's Training

Headed to the first meet held by a new coalition that was able to get the powerlifting at the Arnold next year! There is a qualifying process (they are still hashing it out I guess) but I *may* try to lift on stage next year!

Today I'm just watching though. There should be multiple 1000+ squats, 800+ benches, and 800+ deadlifts. Chuck Vogelpohl will squat well over 1100 at 242!! I went to dinner with about 30 people last night and he was one of them....he was looking jacked and ready!

BLZ's Training

Quote Originally Posted by "BLZ":3je9w3t0
    Eh...its not a big deal at all. Just maybe 2-3 pounds...that basically means diet pop instead of regular, haha.
    Jealous. I can't lose 2-3lbs to save my life! I swear I'd have to fast for a month.

Have fun at your meet watching today, friend!

BLZ's Training

I don't understand?? There's lots of powerlifting (raw and geared) at The Arnold. Or, do you mean it will be moved to the stage? Because, currently, the PL comps aren't done on the stage.
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

BLZ

BLZ's Training

To be honest, i' m not sure on the details. I'll let u know when i find out for sure...

BLZ's Training

Where can one find results from Arnold? I want to see how Jennifer did. Guess I could email her.

BLZ's Training

You haven't seen MY log!!!
    Jane

BLZ

BLZ's Training

Gotta say I'm not a big fan of the USAPL.

BLZ

BLZ's Training

ME Lower

Free squats
    bar x 8
    110 x 2

Add briefs:
    150 x 2
    200 x 1
    240 x 1
    290 x 1

Add knee wraps:
    330 x 1
    360 x 1
    390 x 1 - 75lb from a long time ago, maybe May/June-ish of last year. I don't squat in briefs/wraps often, obviously, haha. I'm very happy with this seeing as how I opened with 360 in my meet where I was wearing my squat suit and this was without the suit.

Belt squats
    2 sets of 10
    1 set of 8

(no idea how much weight, i wasn't the one loading)

Powerpohl Good Mornings with 1 plate and some spacers
    (halfway up, 1 count....explode up and hold for 2 count = 1 rep)....2 sets of 5 with narrow stance, little wider than shoulder width

Wide stance, 1 set of 15 (just one motion, no pauses/holds)

Purple band leg curls
    5 sets of 20

2 different ab exercises, 3 sets of each

BLZ's Training

Nice

Not everyday you get an increase like that!
    My workout log

Currently training for two.