150/5
    170/5

B. stepups
    20e/10
    2 x 45/10

C hipthrust
    2 x 135/10
    1 x 155/6

** Before the warm up I did one chin-up. I need to do chin-ups on something other than the assisted chin-up machine, I bang my knees on the pad a few times going up which sucks.

For those paying attention, I was supposed to do 130 for my first working set. I had already put the 45's on when I caught that.

I have decided that I will not read "the help". I got to the point where the white main character has decided what she wants to write about and I realized that I was going to spend the rest of the book being very mad. I realize that history is not all princesses and fairies, but getting worked up about something that I can't do anything about is not a good use of my vacation reading (or thoughts / brain power). I may read it in the future, but this is not the right time.
    My workout log

Currently training for two.

118 - bench press

531 Cycle 6
    3/12
    June 1, 2012

warmup from NROLFA

A. bench press
    45/5
    45/5
    55/3
    60/5
    70/5
    77.5/6

B. chinups
    F
    75% of 1.

C hanging knee ups

So the first chin-up I did I bonked my head on this bar at the top of the smith machine. So we moved over to the station that has a pulley on either side so people can do those fly things. Its a little high up for me so I got a chair to stand on. Still working on getting the 2nd rep.
    My workout log

My workout log.

531 Cycle 6
    4/12
    June 3, 2012

warmup from NROLFA

A. squats
    50/5
    62.5/5
    75/5
    80/5
    95/5
    105/5

B. single leg SHELC
    3 x 10e

C. hanging leg raise
    3 x 10

We did a carb back load after this workout I had most things ready before we went to the gym so we were able to make pizza as fast as possible when we got home. Before the workout today I had my coffee (which has carbs) and 2 small peaches. Otherwise it was meat, cheese, eggs, and veggies in the eggs.

Anyway, so my homemade pizza is made with a sourdough crust. I do not brush the crust with doctored up olive oil, but that would be super tasty. We put the cheese on first, and then I just use a can of tomato sauce. We top with minced garlic and italian seasoning. Then one pizza got sliced jalapeños (fresh) and bacon and the other one got fresh mozzarella at the last minute.
    My workout log

My workout log.

are you officially carb backloading now or are you just teasing?

your vacation sounds great! glad you had such a nice time.

i can't remember if you wanted fiction or nonfiction recommendations...

My workout log.

Quote Originally Posted by "cprunner":3ugramu6
    are you officially carb backloading now or are you just teasing?

your vacation sounds great! glad you had such a nice time.

i can't remember if you wanted fiction or nonfiction recommendations...
    LOL. No, I'm not going to do something like that. At least not right now. But with everyone else talking about it I thought I would mention it. I'm pretty sure I did it wrong though, as I'm pretty sure I get more than 30g of carbs between my coffee and serving of fruit. But whatever

I was looking for fiction books, but I think my time for reading this summer has passed. I have lots of work to do.
    My workout log

My workout log.

Quote Originally Posted by "CathyS":3i61sza2
    I was looking for fiction books, but I think my time for reading this summer has passed. I have lots of work to do.
    To read that on June 4th is somehow very sad.
    Approach with caution - I'm keto-adapting

WARNING: Written in minutes and fact-checked in seconds via Google. May contain unsafe levels of self-righteousness. Past cleverness is no guarantee of future results.

Training Log

"Please! One piece of pie won't make the difference and there's plenty of time to catch up! Each individual piece of pie is totally worth it."

My workout log.

The pizza talk strikes again. Speaking of which, I'm contemplating of getting a pizza stone. I occasionally make pizza, too, and it would make them a bit more special. Or at least that's what I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by "CathyS":589vgwbs
    Oh no! But I'm still going to recommend "the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" series by Alexander McCall Smith. I only started getting into the books fairly recently. But last year I saw the tv series adaptation, and that's what got me hooked. Very breezy reading, although he touches on some serious issues.
    All whiners will be buried in shallow and unmarked graves. - Bad Ben

My occasional workouts are posted here

My workout log.

Quote Originally Posted by "LisaS":86gdxgrm
    To read that on June 4th is somehow very sad.
    I'm spending my allotted reading time reading other things. This, there's a couple of blogs I read, and if I find the new York times sitting on the bar at Starbucks I'll look through that. I have a hard time putting books down. So if I start, I'll likely read it obsessively until I finish and then the house is trashed and I haven't gotten any work done for three days. It's like not keeping icecream in the house because you will eat it every time you're in the kitchen until its gone.

Quote Originally Posted by "NYC_Native":86gdxgrm
    The pizza talk strikes again. Speaking of which, I'm contemplating of getting a pizza stone. I occasionally make pizza, too, and it would make them a bit more special. Or at least that's what I'm thinking.

Oh no! But I'm still going to recommend "the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" series by Alexander McCall Smith. I only started getting into the books fairly recently. But last year I saw the tv series adaptation, and that's what got me hooked. Very breezy reading, although he touches on some serious issues.
    The pizza stone is awesome! You'll want a pizza peel too. the only flaw with the stone vs using pans is you can't crank them out as fast. So pizza for a group is Something I avoid.

I'll keep that in mind. Depending on how much work I can get done in June and July, I may read something in August. I mean, if ive made substantial progress on my problem.
    My workout log

My workout log.

How far have you gotten in The Help?
    Tom

Curling in the squat rack is like crapping in a urinal - Tony Gentilcore

Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera

My workout log.

531 Cycle 6
    5/12
    June 5, 2012

warmup from NROLFA

A. military press
    30/5
    30/5
    40/3
    50/3
    55/3
    62.5/4

B. kroc rows
    12.5e/5
    12.5e/10
    12.5e/30

C plank; alternate raising opposite arm leg for 10 second holds
    2 x 10 / 10sec

I am so sore from Sunday's squat workout! I started getting sore immediately, which is rare, I usually don't get sore until at least 24 hours later. Then 24 hours later EVERYTHING was sore. Walking up and down stairs isn't the issue, MOVING is the issue. Oh my goodness. Walking home from starbucks was a little more challenging than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by "stingo":2lcasq1o
    How far have you gotten in The Help?
    I got to the point where Skeeter had pitched the idea of the story of life through the eyes of "the help", then was refused by the main character (I forget her name) at her house. Then the main character refused the "bribe" money for helping Skeeter with the housekeeping tip column. All of the hurts and feelings that the main character was talking about were getting to me. The memories of her son, how she would raise these kids who would go from loving her to thinking of her as a second class citizen over the course of their childhood, that whole bathroom issue; oh and then the young man who cut her grass was terribly hurt (I don't think he died, but it was a terrible "accident") It was just getting too much. I didn't want to see what kind of hurt she was going to go through because of Skeeter too. I've seen the preview of the movie, I know there's good parts, but the bad parts are too much.
    My workout log

My workout log.

The 531 squat workouts leave me feeling the most beat up, out of all of the main moves. Ouch!!

Quote Originally Posted by "CathyS":n6i5v7js
    The pizza stone is awesome! You'll want a pizza peel too. the only flaw with the stone vs using pans is you can't crank them out as fast. So pizza for a group is Something I avoid.

I'll keep that in mind. Depending on how much work I can get done in June and July, I may read something in August. I mean, if ive made substantial progress on my problem.
    Good suggestion. I'm looking at the Williams-Sonoma website now for it, lol.

The No. 1 Ladies books are a just a joy to read. Some serious stuff goes on in there. But overall, it has a warm & upbeat tone that makes it great for summer reading. Hope you're able to make progress at work so you can get to the fun stuff.
    All whiners will be buried in shallow and unmarked graves. - Bad Ben

My occasional workouts are posted here

121 - deadlift

531 Cycle 6
    6/12
    June 7, 2012

warmup from NROLFA

A. Deadlift
    95/5
    95/5
    120/3
    140/3
    160/3
    180/5

B. stepups
    3 x 45/10

C. hipthrust
    135/10
    155/7
    155/6

The step ups are using a step higher than a bench. I'd guess its about 18 inches. We used it last week after I realized it existed. Its awesome. Using the bar is better than dumbbells, but the combination high step and bar is HARD.

Quote Originally Posted by "NYC_Native":1wme901e
    The 531 squat workouts leave me feeling the most beat up, out of all of the main moves. Ouch!!
    roger that!

Good suggestion. I'm looking at the Williams-Sonoma website now for it, lol.

The No. 1 Ladies books are a just a joy to read. Some serious stuff goes on in there. But overall, it has a warm & upbeat tone that makes it great for summer reading. Hope you're able to make progress at work so you can get to the fun stuff.
    I think thats where we got ours from. We get almost everything from there... Usually during the July sale.

Serious stuff isn't bad... Theres some serious stuff in the game of thrones saga, and I made it through 3 of those books last year.
    My workout log

My workout log.

Strong deadlifts (among other strong lifts)!
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

My workout log.

Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi":2t407giz
    Strong deadlifts (among other strong lifts)!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by "cprunner":2t407giz
    lots more red! way to kick off a weekend.
    more like, way to make sure your ass is sore for the weekend! This whole sitting thing is for the birds. HAHA Thanks
    My workout log

122 - bench press

531 Cycle 6
    7/12
    June 10, 2012

warmup from NROLFA

A. Bench press
    45/5
    45/5
    55/3
    65/3
    75/3
    82.5/4

B. chinups
    4 x 1
    1 negative

C. assisted Dips
    -55/10
    -55/9
    -55/6

With all that talk about CBL and CN and stuff, I investigated my diet to see where I am. Just out of curiosity mind you. My coffee that I drink has almost 26g of carbs (half just from the milk!); a cup of sliced plums is 19g, banana 23g, 2c strawberries 23g, 1c greek yogurt is 18g, etc etc.

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting thought experiment.
    My workout log

My workout log.

Nice red in here!!
    .· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·' Tracey

123 - squats

531 Cycle 6
    7/12
    June 12, 2012

warmup from NROLFA

A. squats
    50/5
    62.5/5
    75/3
    87.5/3
    100/3
    112.5/4

B. Hanging leg raise
    3 x 10

C. back extension
    25/10
    35/10
    45/10

Holding the 45lb plate wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by "dillytl":3vurfkad
    Nice red in here!!
    Thanks!
    My workout log

My workout log.

Quote Originally Posted by "CathyS":2lrvqygx
    With all that talk about CBL and CN and stuff, I investigated my diet to see where I am. Just out of curiosity mind you. My coffee that I drink has almost 26g of carbs (half just from the milk!); a cup of sliced plums is 19g, banana 23g, 2c strawberries 23g, 1c greek yogurt is 18g, etc etc.

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting thought experiment.
    are you experimenting with it too? (i'm not currently but it is in the back of my mind).

nice squats!

My workout log.

Quote Originally Posted by "cprunner":24mf1m1a
    are you experimenting with it too? (i'm not currently but it is in the back of my mind).

nice squats!
    Its in the back of my mind. Part of me says "this is easy, all you have to do is eat all of your carby things after the workout and just don't eat them any other time and it'll be great!". Then I realize that I can't have my yogurt and fruit for lunch, I can't have a piece of fruit for a snack, and most importantly it would mess up part of my work routine.. I get coffee at starbucks and sit down and work for as long as I can. Maybe in the fall when my routine gets messed up because school starts. Its summer, I'm focussing on things like trying new recipes and keeping the house clean. And work, lots of work.

Thanks on the squats! Its taken a long time, but I'm hoping to keep crushing these
    My workout log