Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: My workout log.

My workout log.

Those roasted veggies sound wonderful!

Nice red on that squat, girlie!

My workout log.

The kale salad sounds delish! I love kale, but I either steam it, or do kale "chips" (bake them in the oven with a bit of olive oil, sea salt & pepper). So I'll have to try your sis's recipe.

This marinated salad recipe is foolproof. I'm so glad it was posted, because it's a great way to get veggies in.
    All whiners will be buried in shallow and unmarked graves. - Bad Ben

My occasional workouts are posted here

My workout log.

We went to the west side market. S4 went nuts in the produce isle. I think we'll be having roasted acorn squash, turnips, broccoli, parsnips and carrots tonight with our homemade pizza tonight. It counteracts the cookies nicely

Those squats are nice, thanks Tasha
    My workout log

Currently training for two.

My workout log.

Oh how I LOVE LOVE LOVE the westside market!
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

My workout log.

Quote Originally Posted by "missjane":fa87tvw9
    Oh how I LOVE LOVE LOVE the westside market!
    I'm getting my protein in the form of a lamb gyro today. We thought the line wasn't going to be too bad, but it's going really slow!
    My workout log

My workout log.

OMG, those gyros are the BEST!!!
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

My workout log.

Happy Holidays everyone! We are taking full advantage of having our deload week landing this week. We drove to my parents house for a day and now we're with S2 and her new baby and S4 is still with us.

I think we'll be back to our normal schedule Tuesday. We'll start the new cycle, and I'm super excited to start that. But I'm really enjoying spending time with my sisters, so ... Can't have it all.
    My workout log

63- Bench press

531 Cycle 2
    1/12
    Jan 3, 2012

warmup from NROLFA

A Military Press
    10e/5
    12.5e/5
    15e/3
    17.5e/5
    20e/5
    22.5e/8

B upright rows
    3 x 40/10

C pushups
    3 x 12

D reverse wood chop
    skipped

Notes: As it is terribly difficult to go up in small increments on the military press, and I only eeked out 1 rep for the last working set of week 3, I decided to just repeat this one. If this starts to be a problem, or bothers me in the future, I'll invest in something to incrementally up the weights in smaller amounts.

Oh, and I looked back at and I did 8 reps at the 22.5e last time too, but this time I did the appropriate warmup sets. So I feel OK that I did the same this time.

I think choosing the 40lb bar for the upright rows was ambitious. But I did it, so its ok. I'll likely regret that decision on Thursday.

I've decided I need to be able to do 15 pushups at a time. So I pushed myself and got to 12 instead of stopping at 10.

Oh, and I decided to count the workouts out of 12. Makes sense to me at least.
    My workout log

My workout log.

So christmas and new years was a blast. I spent time with 2 of my sisters, and my first niece on my side. She's adorable by the way. There's some great pictures up on Facebook, i'll suggest you just friend me to see them. We had lots of kale salad and roasted veggies. Everyone has been asking S4 for that recipe, its too funny. I plan on making that myself. Seems like a great way for me to get some more green leafy veggies in my diet, plus other veggies.

It seems that everyone else has been posting new years goals, resolutions, etc. I don't usually make resolutions, well, except for that one time when I decided I'd get in shape by going to the gym and lifting weights. I suppose I've kept that one. Hah. I do have a big goal for this year though. My goal is to have my dissertation essentially done by the end of this year. I think I can do this. Its actually very exciting that I might be about a year off from graduating. Its always been 2+ years off.

As for diet: I've been pretty good about not eating a lot of "carbs", like bread pasta, etc for the past year and a half or so. I'm going to try adding them back in a little, and see what happens. I plan to make some sprouted grain bread, which I'll have a slice with breakfast, and then a few days a week I'll eat something with dinner. Eating carbs at lunch time I already know is a bad idea, it makes me sleepy in the afternoon and I can't get anything done. I'm sure I haven't been getting enough fiber, so this would be another easy way to add that.

I'm going to keep logging my food, but worry less about caloric totals. Since I don't measure what I eat, its only a guestimate anyway. But I think it could be fun to let myself eat enough so I can make some strength gains. I'll try for the 90% compliance idea, along with the source of protein at every meal, and if I'm not hungry I won't eat. With the exception of course of my post workout smoothie, I'll eat that regardless.
    My workout log

BLZ

My workout log.

Quote Originally Posted by "CathyS":1le6r87o
    I'm going to keep logging my food, but worry less about caloric totals. Since I don't measure what I eat, its only a guestimate anyway. But I think it could be fun to let myself eat enough so I can make some strength gains. I'll try for the 90% compliance idea, along with the source of protein at every meal, and if I'm not hungry I won't eat. With the exception of course of my post workout smoothie, I'll eat that regardless.
    *Thumbs up!*

My workout log.

Quote Originally Posted by "BLZ":35i40vom
    *Thumbs up!*

I haven't started eating donuts though Starved today, clearly didn't eat enough yesterday.
    My workout log

My workout log.

I knew B would dig on your plan to eat more for strength.

64- Deadlift

531 Cycle 2
    2/12
    Jan 5, 2012

warmup from NROLFA

A Deadlift
    75/5
    95/5
    105/3
    115/5
    135/5
    155/12

B stepups
    2 x 20e/10

C hipthrusts
    45/15
    95/10

So my resolve to eat more is not going well. I think I had less today then usual. My workout suffered for it too. Was just not up for that 3rd set of aux exercises at all. So I'm drinking my higher calorie smoothie. Its got 1 cup of greek yogurt, 2 TBSP peanut butter, 1 banana, about 1 cup skim milk, and 1/4 cup of ghirdelli ground chocolate. couple ice cubes for good measure. The 2% I have in the house is old, and I should dump it and buy more. And no, my measuring is not up to leigh peele's standards

I suppose that the doing 12 at 155 is a pr, but I don't care. It doesn't make me feel good to knock out 2 more reps.

I've been exhausted almost all day, now I'm in a crappy mood, trying not to complain about everything here (doing a great job of that too!). I think I need to have some more chocolate or something, foam roll, and go to bed.
    My workout log

My workout log.

Quote Originally Posted by "CathyS":e5kobfck
    So my resolve to eat more is not going well. I think I had less today then usual. My workout suffered for it too. Was just not up for that 3rd set of aux exercises at all. So I'm drinking my higher calorie smoothie. Its got 1 cup of greek yogurt, 2 TBSP peanut butter, 1 banana, about 1 cup skim milk, and 1/4 cup of ghirdelli ground chocolate. couple ice cubes for good measure. The 2% I have in the house is old, and I should dump it and buy more. And no, my measuring is not up to leigh peele's standards

I've been exhausted almost all day, now I'm in a crappy mood, trying not to complain about everything here (doing a great job of that too!). I think I need to have some more chocolate or something, foam roll, and go to bed.
    hope you're feeling better today after a good night's sleep.

that smoothie sounds crazy delicious. if you really want to get your calories up, switch over from smitten kitchen to Paula Deen

My workout log.

Quote Originally Posted by "CathyS":3s7jkk7z
    I think I need to have some more chocolate or something, foam roll, and go to bed.
    Chocolate cures everything... except my battle with the scale
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

My workout log.

Quote Originally Posted by "cprunner":1r0d05do
    hope you're feeling better today after a good night's sleep.

that smoothie sounds crazy delicious. if you really want to get your calories up, switch over from smitten kitchen to Paula Deen
    Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi":1r0d05do
    Chocolate cures everything... except my battle with the scale
    I am feeling better, thanks. Cp, DH would be terribly unhappy with me if I started to put a lb of butter in everything! I think the issue was more that lunch and dinner combined was less calories than that smoothie. Today I've had a cupcake and I put cheese and sausage in with my eggs. Oh, and for dinner tonight we're having carnitas and I got an avocado to go with. Should be delicious with plenty of fat and protein
    My workout log

65 Bench press

531 Cycle 2
    3/12
    Jan 7, 2012

warmup from NROLFA

A Bench press
    30/5
    40/5
    50/3
    55/5
    60/5
    85/fail (oops, I can't add)
    65/12 (volume pr)

B assisted chin-ups
    2 negative chinups, then
    -55/7
    2 x -55/5

C assisted dips
    -65/8
    2 x -65/6

D anti rotation hold 30 sec per side
    15e
    2 x 20e

So, I lift with DH and we are constantly unloading and reloading the bar between his set and mine. I'm honestly surprised this mistake hasn't been made more, but what a pain. I'll be excited when I can do that in hopefully 2 cycles. I'm maxing at 75 this cycle, and so 80 next cycle, at least thats the plan.

So, eating plan today was better than other days. I had my eggs for breakfast with a slice of raisin french toast that I had made for DH. For lunch was kale salad with the almonds and some left over roast beef. I'd guess about 5 oz or so. Then for dinner we had thai style chicken legs, I ate two, plus roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli. I had a glass of milk after lifting, dinner would be ready in less than an hour, and at starbucks I had my modified mocha, 2 clementines, and the almond coconut kind bar. Delicious! As for chocolate, I did have a piece of the dark chocolate bark from malleys, it had some fruit and nuts waved over it before packaging, but still tasty. And we're making food for Grandma's christmas tomorrow. We're making sauerkraut and kielbasa, and more kolaczki's. I sampled the sauerkraut and had one cookie. I had to try the pineapple filling, I was dubious about it. But it was before adding powdered sugar. Oh, and 2 glasses of chardonnay, if I get to the second one. I'm not certain I will. It'll keep till tomorrow, only a half bottle.

Yesterdays calorie totals were destroyed by the gobs of chocolate I ate. I'm feeling a little bloated today, the scale wasn't particularly happy either. That was most of my motivation to eat more carefully today. I certainly didn't have too little calories
    My workout log

My workout log.

Quote Originally Posted by "CathyS":lepmupub
    531 Cycle 2
    A Bench press
    85/fail (oops, I can't add)
    Aren't you getting your doctorate in math? :tongue That's a nice volume PR on the bench, btw.
    All whiners will be buried in shallow and unmarked graves. - Bad Ben

My occasional workouts are posted here

My workout log.

Uhh, yes. Why do you ask?

I really don't spend a lot of time practicing mental arithmetic although I am better at it because I refuse to use a calculator when I teach.
    My workout log

My workout log.

Can you tell me about your Grandmother's Christmas? Just given the circumstances of our Christmas/Anniversary/New Years this year I feel like it all passed me by. And I LOVE Christmas! I am considering a Christmas in July this year to make up for it.