Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: L'ilJ...The Road Warrior...Beyond Thunderdome

Lilj...The Road Warrior...Beyond Thunderdome

Quote Originally Posted by "tbrown1025":2ua68g6c
    That's so fun! I super hope to get to meet all of y'all one day.
    That would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by "stingo":2ua68g6c
    I'm not surprised. Joyce and her husband are good people.
    They are very good people.

Quote Originally Posted by "TomK":2ua68g6c
    Good luck on your flight back - I hope your jet lag and recovery goes better this time.
    Thanks. The flight back was really good. Arrived a good hour or so early. Breezed through customs (thank you Global Entry program!) and walked out of the terminal to a 66 degree sunshiny day here. It's full on spring with all the trees in bloom! Actually had to stop at the pharmacy on the way home for some Claratin. Had a decent night's sleep last night and am hoping to continue the trend all week. Finger's crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by "fengshway":2ua68g6c
    jill, you have almost a whole year to train for your next 5k, and the way you are able to pull things off, it will be no problem!
    I will try to keep up the running so I don't have such a hard time getting back into shape.

Quote Originally Posted by "Espi":2ua68g6c
    Sounds like you had a great time.. also a bit more relaxing than during your first visit? Or was it your first visit to Japan?
    I don't know if you would call it relaxing...it was very busy but fun. We worked long hours (11-12 hour days) and then went out almost every night. A few nights very late. Got to see the countryside over the weekend. Tokyo is definitely one of my favorite places.

Quote Originally Posted by "NYC_Native":2zkosdla
    It was awesome finally getting the chance to hang out with you! Hope we can do karaoke at Bauhaus next time you're out here.
    You're on. I need to practice my hair band power ballads if I'm gonna keep up with you though.

I am home now and really need to get back into the training routine! I was sooooo lazy on this trip and didn't even take my workout clothes out of my suitcase. When I was unpacking last night it was like - oh, I don't have to wash these they can go back in the drawer. Glad I brought them to the other side of the world and back.

L'ilJ...The Road Warrior...Beyond Thunderdome

Quote Originally Posted by "NYC_Native":zzekufg9
    It was awesome finally getting the chance to hang out with you! Hope we can do karaoke at Bauhaus next time you're out here.

We gotta meet up again sometime. DH says "hi."
    I'm a little jealous.....

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":3gf0gjpr
    I'm a little jealous.....
    It was definitely fun.

Oh hey...a workout! Amazing.

Today

Pullups
    10x1xBW + negatives down

Pushups - 6,6,4,4,8

Snatch
    10x1x25kg

C+J
    10x1x25kg

Front Squats
    1x25kg
    1x35kg
    1x40kg
    1x45kg
    1x50kg

That's it. Did an easy workout to get things movin' again. It will take me a few days to get over this jet lag but I'm hoping it will be better this trip vs. last month. That was brutal.

YAY for workouts!!
    .· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·' Tracey

Quote Originally Posted by "dillytl":2jsqz69g
    YAY for workouts!!
    I did another workout a couple days ago and forgot to log it. Believe me, it wasn't spectacular. Took yesterday off. This round of jet lag has been almost non-existent. I get tired earlier in the evening and sleep longer, but other than that I've been absolutely fine all day. This time around I used a combo of melatonin and unisom and one of those SAD lightboxes to get back on track. Makes me feel better about the upcoming year of trips back and forth.

Heading to workout now and will log later. Oh, and P.S. my allergies are hitting wayyyyyyyyyy early this year! Killin' me.

Had a good workout today.

Warmups

C+J
    3x1x15kg
    3x1x25kg
    1x30kg
    1x32kg
    1x35kg
    1x37kg
    1x39kg
    1x40kg
    1x42kg
    1x44kg
    1x45kg
    1x47kg
    1x49kg
    1x50kg

OFS
    1x35kg
    1x40kg
    1x45kg
    1x50kg
    1x55kg
    1x60kg

Pushups (ugh)

That's it. Hoping to keep the momentum going as I don't have to travel next week. Yay.

nice workout jill! I get an email every day that gives me the local pollen count. it has been so high here! not that I need the email, you can see the coat of yellow oak pollen on our cars!

Quote Originally Posted by "fengshway":2a0ty59m
    nice workout jill! I get an email every day that gives me the local pollen count. it has been so high here! not that I need the email, you can see the coat of yellow oak pollen on our cars!
    The last couple days have been much better, but it's back to cold weather so that's probably why. Plus I'm taking some Claratin.

Workout today was just meh, but it's good to be back at it.

Today:

Warmup

Pull Up w/negative 10x1xBW

Snatch
    3x1x15kg
    5x1x25kg
    1x30kg
    1x32kg
    10x1x35kg

Oly Back Squat
    1x35kg
    1x40kg
    1x45kg
    1x50kg
    1x55kg
    1x60kg

That's it. Hoping to get lots of workouts over the next few weeks. I'm trying to cut back on travel for the month of April so that will help with the lifting.

Workout looks good to me, not meh!
    .· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·' Tracey

Taking a peek in here! Looking good, J!

It looks like the long trip to Japan hasn't cost too much in terms of lifting. I hope your schedule allows more time at home & the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by "dillytl":1xhznqmx
    Workout looks good to me, not meh!
    Quote Originally Posted by "tbrown1025":1xhznqmx
    Taking a peek in here! Looking good, J!
    Quote Originally Posted by "TomK":1xhznqmx
    It looks like the long trip to Japan hasn't cost too much in terms of lifting. I hope your schedule allows more time at home & the gym.
    Thanks guys! Yeah, I'm really hoping for more gym time too. It's not easy when projects hit - you just have to go where the work is. I've tried and tried to work out on the road but I haven't been all that successful. I will continue to battle.

Today I took a rest day. Last night my 7 year old had a friend sleep over. So this morning I took them out to breakfast and then to the park for a good run around. Seriously, the things 7 year old boys talk about is hilarious. Plus, the amount of giggling that went on and yelling. The sleepover is thankfully over and my son will certainly sleep early tonight.

Back on the workout (and diet!) wagon tomorrow.

did you threaten to send them to camp ed if they got too rowdy???

glad you will get back to lifting this week, but don't forget the running . pull out that plan I made for you and just do little teeny bits.

Quote Originally Posted by "fengshway":38o3akyu
    did you threaten to send them to camp ed if they got too rowdy???

glad you will get back to lifting this week, but don't forget the running . pull out that plan I made for you and just do little teeny bits.
    Oh, I totally should have pulled out the Camp Ed threat!

Worked out this morning. It was okay, but not great. I know it takes a while after a few weeks off to get in the swing again, but it's frustrating.

Today:

Warmup

C+J - these were just TOUGH today..
    3x1x15kg
    5x1x25kg
    1x30kg
    5x1x35kg
    1x37kg
    1x40kg
    1x42kg
    1x44kg
    1x45kg

Oly FS
    1x35kg
    5x37kg
    5x43kg
    5x49kg

Pushups - 6,6,5,5,5

At least pushups are finally feeling slightly easier but still sucking. On a happy note, the sun is shining and it should warm up this week.

New avi is bad ass!
    Tom

Curling in the squat rack is like crapping in a urinal - Tony Gentilcore

Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera

LOVE the new avi!!
    .· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·' Tracey

I love the avi too, jill. was that from one of the arnolds?

Quote Originally Posted by "stingo":38ouc6i1
    New avi is bad ass!
    Quote Originally Posted by "dillytl":38ouc6i1
    LOVE the new avi!!
    Quote Originally Posted by "fengshway":38ouc6i1
    I love the avi too, jill. was that from one of the arnolds?
    Thanks guys. Yep, that's from one of the Arnolds.

I sort of miss the running avi, but I have it forever on my iPhone if I miss it too much Ed will get some awesome ones next year. maybe after every arnold for just a few weeks, jill can be running jill, but only for a limited time.

hey, I am totally digging my vivobarefoots for work. my feet are getting so much stronger.