Page 23 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: L'ilJ...The Road Warrior...Beyond Thunderdome

Lilj...The Road Warrior...Beyond Thunderdome

Quote Originally Posted by "Alcoholiday":3t6lhndc
    hai guise. wat's up???
    I miss you! You should come back and start up your squat freak log.

Alcoholiday

L'ilJ...The Road Warrior...Beyond Thunderdome

Quote Originally Posted by "L'ilJ":3g9rq7we
    I miss you! You should come back and start up your squat freak log.
    i miss you too! I may. It's been kinda uneventful recently. Life has gotten in the way!

Quote Originally Posted by "L'ilJ":fhxgobqk
    It's amazing how consistent training can finally get me back on track.

That's it.
    True words for us all. I am glad things are feeling good!

The consistent workouts also mean they feel less painful, lol. I hate working out after an extended break - it hurts!!!!

On a non-fitness related note, "18 and Life" came on the radio the other day while I was at work, and it took me some effort *not* to belt it out. I hummed along, though, hehehehe.
    All whiners will be buried in shallow and unmarked graves. - Bad Ben

My occasional workouts are posted here

Quote Originally Posted by "Alcoholiday":1vuqhf35
    i miss you too! I may. It's been kinda uneventful recently. Life has gotten in the way!
    Yeah, I hear ya on that. Come back and hang out a bit! I was gone for quite a while but am now back in FULL FORCE!

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":1vuqhf35
    True words for us all. I am glad things are feeling good!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by "NYC_Native":1vuqhf35
    The consistent workouts also mean they feel less painful, lol. I hate working out after an extended break - it hurts!!!!

On a non-fitness related note, "18 and Life" came on the radio the other day while I was at work, and it took me some effort *not* to belt it out. I hummed along, though, hehehehe.
    Ha ha! I am doing that all the time now. I hear a song and mentally add it to my list for May. Look out!

I had another great workout today. I love weeks like this.

Today

Warmups

Chins - 1x6xBW, 5x2xBW+2.5kg I am finally eking out an additional rep on chins. I also added some weight to the sets of two. So far so good. I'm feeling a lot better about the possibility of doing a set of ten this year.

C+J
    3x1x15kg
    5x1x25kg
    5x1x35kg
    1x37kg
    1x40kg
    1x42kg
    1x44kg
    1x46kg
    1x48kg
    7x1x50kg
    1x52kg clean only
    1x54kg clean only
    1x56kg clean only missed

OFS
    1x45kg
    1x50kg
    1x55kg
    1x60kg
    1x64kg
    1x80kg eccentric

CDL w/hook grip
    1x50kg
    1x60kg
    1x65kg
    1x70kg
    1x75kg
    1x80kg
    1x85kg

Phew. That's it. Felt great. Getting 64kg on a front squat at the end of a workout felt relatively easy. Those cleans felt really good too and I just barely missed 56kg.

nice workout! and nice chins-ups! getting another rep on those is much harder than adding weight to a bar, in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by "cprunner":bnor4gun
    nice workout! and nice chins-ups! getting another rep on those is much harder than adding weight to a bar, in my experience.
    Totally! I've been trying for more reps for a while now in both chins and pullups. I think adding the negatives to the pullups and the weight on both has made a difference. I can now do 2 full reps on pullups and 6 for chins.

Nice chinups!! I'm hoping to get a 6th rep on my next round of PT. Yes, I think adding weights really helps with the reps too.

Quote Originally Posted by "tbrown1025":75di47e4
    Nice chinups!! I'm hoping to get a 6th rep on my next round of PT. Yes, I think adding weights really helps with the reps too.
    Yay! Did you get a dip belt to hang the weight off of?

Quote Originally Posted by "L'ilJ":21kf1xwh
    Yay! Did you get a dip belt to hang the weight off of?
    I did use the last week of PT. It was a little weird, and the weight hung all the way to my ankles! So, I double wrapped the chain through the weight, so it didn't hang so low. I don't know if that's "proper usage" but it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by "tbrown1025":204a1deg
    I did use the last week of PT. It was a little weird, and the weight hung all the way to my ankles! So, I double wrapped the chain through the weight, so it didn't hang so low. I don't know if that's "proper usage" but it worked.
    It's definitely easier than trying to hold a dumbbell between feet if you ask me!

The olympic lifts are ones that mystify me....they seem so technical that they're almost scary. What advice would you give to someone who wants to learn a few? Until now oly lifts don't seem like things that can be self taught but I'd love to one day learn to snatch and C&J. Right now all I'm capable of is a DB snatch, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by "amz155":2sja4dw8
    The olympic lifts are ones that mystify me....they seem so technical that they're almost scary. What advice would you give to someone who wants to learn a few? Until now oly lifts don't seem like things that can be self taught but I'd love to one day learn to snatch and C&J. Right now all I'm capable of is a DB snatch, lol.
    They are VERY technical but not scary if you learn from someone who knows how to teach them. I would recommend not trying to learn them on your own though. If you are really interested, look for a local weightlifting club and go there and see if someone will teach you.

I was feeling a little beat up today after having two pretty epic workouts. Still was good though.

Today

Warmups

Pullups 5x2xBW, 5x1xBW+2.5kg, 5x1xBW+negative

Snatch
    3x1x15kg
    5x1x25kg
    1x30kg
    5x1x35kg
    1x37kg
    1x39kg
    2x1x40kg

OFS
    1x35kg
    1x40kg
    1x45kg
    1x50kg
    1x55kg
    1x60kg
    1x65kg

That's all folks. That 65kg felt pretty good. I haven't squatted that much - especially at the end of a workout - since sometime last year.

Quote Originally Posted by "L'ilJ":g4qk3va6
    They are VERY technical but not scary if you learn from someone who knows how to teach them. I would recommend not trying to learn them on your own though. If you are really interested, look for a local weightlifting club and go there and see if someone will teach you.
    Ok, noted. I think missjane (or some else) suggested to check with the local universities. When I have time to look into learning those lifts, I won't go the YouTube/Oly Lifting For Dummies route, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by "amz155":32cd8jxz
    Ok, noted. I think missjane (or some else) suggested to check with the local universities. When I have time to look into learning those lifts, I won't go the YouTube/Oly Lifting For Dummies route, lol.
    I spent two years working weekly with an Oly trainer and I still feel like I have a ton to learn... I've been doing C&J again lately and I forgot how fun (and how hard!) it is... I was pleased that a trainer complimented my form last week (although he pointed out that I don't shrug enough on the pull, which was an ongoing issue for me). I can't imagine learning Oly lifts without a good/qualified trainer! But if you can, you should - just because it's fun

Of course Jill makes it look easy...
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

Quote Originally Posted by "amz155":20xm2h7p
    Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi":20xm2h7p
    I spent two years working weekly with an Oly trainer and I still feel like I have a ton to learn... I've been doing C&J again lately and I forgot how fun (and how hard!) it is... I was pleased that a trainer complimented my form last week (although he pointed out that I don't shrug enough on the pull, which was an ongoing issue for me). I can't imagine learning Oly lifts without a good/qualified trainer! But if you can, you should - just because it's fun

Of course Jill makes it look easy...
    Yep, they are really challenging to learn but also very fun because you get to use your strength, flexibility, speed and technique all in one go.

Another good workout today.

Warmups

Push-ups - 9,9,8,8,8 (still suckin' but at least suckin' less)

C+J
    3x1x15kg
    4x1x25kg
    1x30kg
    5x1x35kg
    1x37kg
    1x40kg
    1x42kg
    1x44kg
    1x46kg
    1x48kg
    1x50kg
    1x52kg
    1x54kg (clean only)
    1x56kg (miss)

OFS
    1x35kg
    1x40kg
    1x45kg
    1x50kg
    1x55kg
    5x1x61kg (all five reps done in under 5 minutes)
    1x80kg eccentric only

I'm slooooooowly getting stronger. My all-time best C+J in a competition was 58kg so I'm getting really close. I would like to get to 60 this year and possibly more, but my jerk will need to get a whole lot better for me to get to that point. It is definitely my weakness. Once the bar gets heavy on my collarbones I get a little freaked out to drop under! Front squats are also slowly getting better. I upped to 61kg for the 5 reps w/small rest periods between reps. Did all 5 in about 4 minutes. Eccentric front squat at 80kg is scary but I did it.

That is all.

You're posting a lot of workouts so I'd think +strength would result from them. Nice work.
    Tom

Curling in the squat rack is like crapping in a urinal - Tony Gentilcore

Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera