Page 24 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: L'ilJ...The Road Warrior...Beyond Thunderdome

L'ilJ...The Road Warrior...Beyond Thunderdome

Nice workouts, J! love that you're getting stronger. I'm going to be doing front squats too starting Monday for round two of PT.

Lilj...The Road Warrior...Beyond Thunderdome

Quote Originally Posted by "stingo":3dlb9wl6
    You're posting a lot of workouts so I'd think +strength would result from them. Nice work.
    Thanks Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by "tbrown1025":3dlb9wl6
    Nice workouts, J! love that you're getting stronger. I'm going to be doing front squats too starting Monday for round two of PT.
    Woohoo! Front squats are obviously my favorite. I really hate to back squat.

Took yesterday off simply because I was too busy doing crap around the house before I headed out on a trip. Dragged my ass up early this morning and did a nice hotel gym workout and then took an easy walk with a cup of coffee. Weather is lovely here in FL. Didn't write down my workout but I did step ups w/DBs, pushups (10,10,8,8,8), chest supported rows, goblet squats, glute bridges, DB overhead press, and some rope jumping of course!

woo hoo! travel workout!

i'm so, so secretly glad we do not have a jump rope at the gym. i HATE that thing. i have never been good at it, even when i was little.

Quote Originally Posted by "L'ilJ":39cdohnr
    Dragged my ass up early this morning and did a nice hotel gym workout and then took an easy walk with a cup of coffee.
    Think that counts as a waiter carry? :tongue

Someone I know who just returned from Florida commented that when he was there last week the humidity level was very low and it was beautiful. Hope it is the same where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by "Alcoholiday":296yllre
    oh, hai!
    holy crap, he's alive

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":296yllre
    Think that counts as a waiter carry? :tongue .
    Loaded carries are important, the missing ingredient if you ask Dan John
    Mark

If you think lifting weights is dangerous, try being weak. Being weak is dangerous. - President Contreras

I only believe in Training to be Awesome. - Wendler

Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid only of standing still.

Quote Originally Posted by "cprunner":2vzc0pqg
    woo hoo! travel workout!

i'm so, so secretly glad we do not have a jump rope at the gym. i HATE that thing. i have never been good at it, even when i was little.
    I have my own jump rope that I bring with me and I love it! If you have a good rope that is the right length, it's actually not so bad. I am still not very good at it and I don't do a LOT of it ... but it's something that adds variety. I usually do something like 100 jumps in between sets of other exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":2vzc0pqg
    Think that counts as a waiter carry? :tongue

Someone I know who just returned from Florida commented that when he was there last week the humidity level was very low and it was beautiful. Hope it is the same where you are.
    The weather was pretty nice. In the mornings it was lower humidity and breezy. It warmed up throughout the day and was more humid, but I was locked in meetings all friggin' day so it didn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by "MindPower":2vzc0pqg
    holy crap, he's alive
    I know!!!!

So I did a SECOND travel workout this morning. I did some pushups (5x10), Bulgarian Split Squat w/DBs, Bentover DB Rows, One-leg glute bridge, rope jumping in between, nice walk along the causeway).

So YESTERDAY was a disaster. I went to bed Monday night around 10:30 after calling for a 6am wakeup call. I woke up around 4am and tossed and turned a bit and finally fell back to sleep. Then I woke up a few more times and was sort of thinking...what the heck, how many times am I going to wake up before that wakeup call comes? Then I finally check the clock ... 9:30!!!! I had a really important 9am meeting. I have never gotten ready so damn fast. I have never, ever done that before. It all turned out fine, but I was seriously embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by "L'ilJ":1tsdgbc3
    So I did a SECOND travel workout this morning. I did some pushups (5x10), Bulgarian Split Squat w/DBs, Bentover DB Rows, One-leg glute bridge, rope jumping in between, nice walk along the causeway).

So YESTERDAY was a disaster. I went to bed Monday night around 10:30 after calling for a 6am wakeup call. I woke up around 4am and tossed and turned a bit and finally fell back to sleep. Then I woke up a few more times and was sort of thinking...what the heck, how many times am I going to wake up before that wakeup call comes? Then I finally check the clock ... 9:30!!!! I had a really important 9am meeting. I have never gotten ready so damn fast. I have never, ever done that before. It all turned out fine, but I was seriously embarrassed.
    What?! What kind of hotel forgets your wakeup call? That's really bad service! I just hate days that starts like that - I feel off the entire day. It might be due to that I need at least two cups of coffee in the morning bf has finally learned - after what seems like years - that I don't utter a single word the first hour of my day.

Nice hotel workouts. Do you just do what comes to mind / is possible, or are you following a specific prgram and then just adequately substituting?
    Kira
    My log: http://jpfitness.com/showthread.php?...e&goto=newpost

Meet PRs / Training PRs
    Squat: 92.5kg (204lb)
    Bench: 50kg (110lb) / 52.5kg (116lb)
    DL: 125kg (275lb) / 130kg (286lb)

Quote Originally Posted by "L'ilJ":1iewdnbl

That is my equivalent of delivering a speech naked, or showing up to class for the final without having studied.....

It is also why I rarely sleep the night before I travel anyplace. I wake up all night wondering if the alarm is set and if the wake up call will come.

BLZ

Just to refresh myself....you're super tiny, right? Like 114lb (or whatever the kg equivalent is) class?

They forgot to call you?? ARGH!!!!!!!!

Glad it worked out ok, even if you were pissed and embarrassed...

YAY for two travel workouts - you might need to use a porter for your bags instead of counting that as a travel workout now... don't wanna overdo things
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

Quote Originally Posted by "kuben":3qcxkjf8
    What?! What kind of hotel forgets your wakeup call? That's really bad service! I just hate days that starts like that - I feel off the entire day. It might be due to that I need at least two cups of coffee in the morning bf has finally learned - after what seems like years - that I don't utter a single word the first hour of my day.

Nice hotel workouts. Do you just do what comes to mind / is possible, or are you following a specific prgram and then just adequately substituting?
    I know! I stay at that hotel all the time and they have never missed a wakeup call. They caught a little hell when I was checking out. As for the hotel workouts, I just do whatever comes to mind. No plans or programs.

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":3qcxkjf8

That is my equivalent of delivering a speech naked, or showing up to class for the final without having studied.....

It is also why I rarely sleep the night before I travel anyplace. I wake up all night wondering if the alarm is set and if the wake up call will come.
    I think I will NOW worry about wakeup calls not happening!

Quote Originally Posted by "BLZ":3qcxkjf8
    Just to refresh myself....you're super tiny, right? Like 114lb (or whatever the kg equivalent is) class?
    I am 53kg class which is 117 and below. I have to say I'm hovering higher than that right now but could drop to 117 if I had to compete. My day to day weight is 120-124. Not all that teeny tiny. I'm 5'3"

Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi":3qcxkjf8
    They forgot to call you?? ARGH!!!!!!!!

Glad it worked out ok, even if you were pissed and embarrassed...

YAY for two travel workouts - you might need to use a porter for your bags instead of counting that as a travel workout now... don't wanna overdo things
    Any little extra suitcase lifts help.

Quote Originally Posted by "L'ilJ":1ilgdsle
    I know! I stay at that hotel all the time and they have never missed a wakeup call. They caught a little hell when I was checking out.
    Well THANK GOODNESS!!! I've been given them hell all afternoon via ESP!

Sheesh!! That really stinks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by "RedWifey":2ux2g1q6
    Well THANK GOODNESS!!! I've been given them hell all afternoon via ESP!

Sheesh!! That really stinks!!!
    Ha ha .... THANK YOU Jamie. I appreciate your support.

I had a bit of a mixed workout today. The O lifts felt really hard today as did the pullups. Squats felt good. The days after I fly I often have uneven workouts so maybe that's what's going on.

Today:

Warmups

Pullups 5x2xBW (these were hard - I may need to implement the no-ugly-rep rule, but I found I don't progress unless I push for that second rep)
    Pullups+negative 10x1xBW (these felt okay - I'm able to make the negatives slower now)

Snatch
    3x1x15kg
    5x1x25kg
    1x30kg
    1x32kg
    5x1x35kg
    1x37ks
    1x38kg
    1x39kg
    1x40kg
    3x1x35kg

OFS
    1x35kg
    1x40kg
    1x45kg
    1x50kg
    1x55kg
    1x60kg
    1x65kg
    1x83kg eccentric

Weighted Glute Bridge 3x12x50kg

So - squats felt pretty strong still so I will take this workout as a win. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing until I stall out on the improvements. Hoping to hit a single of 66 or 67 before I head out on my next trip which is week after next.

Lookin' good in here, J!

Quote Originally Posted by "tbrown1025":28f2j9wa
    Lookin' good in here, J!
    Thanks!

Had a good workout this morning. I took yesterday off because I wasn't feeling all that great due to poor sleep the night before. It happens.

Today:

Chins - 5,4,4,4,4,3,3,3,3,3 (yeah, that's 36 in total w/no ugly reps )

C+J
    3x1x15kg
    4x1x25kg
    1x30kg
    3x1x35kg
    1x37kg
    1x40kg
    1x42kg
    1x44kg
    1x46kg
    1x48kg
    1x50kg
    1x52kg
    2x1x54kg (missed both of these dammit)

OFS
    1x35kg
    1x40kg
    1x45kg
    1x50kg
    1x55kg
    6x1x61kg in under 4 minutes
    1x75kg eccentric

That's it. Squats are finally feeling stronger so something is working.

I am intrigued by your workouts and as I have low ceilings in my basement I cannot do jerk type exercises, except for with dumbbells in between the rafters. One of these days when I get more experience, I might have to get Big Poppa to help me drag my barbell and some weights outside in my driveway and try some of the jerk type and overhead exercises or go back to the gym that I still have a membership that I am paying for and not using and get my old trainer to help me.

36 chins???
    My workout log

Currently training for two.

I am in awe of your chins.
    ============================
    That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, bingo!
    "Welcome to the Hellmouth": A training log for a new slayer