Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Gob-Log 2012

Gob-Log 2012

Speaking of #2, my lasting memory of Wichita Falls is of having to relieve some rather severe gastric distress in the bathroom of a Popeye's Fried Chicken.

I hope this helps.

Gob-Log 2012

10 Goblet Squat\30sec Hip Stretch
    10 Swing
    30sec 1arm\leg plank on elbow
    10 Swing
    10 Bootstrap squat
    10 Swing
    30sec 1arm\leg plank @ pushup position
    10 Swing
    10 Bootstrap Squat
    10 Swing
    20 Scap Pushup
    10 Swing
    10 maxercist Row
    10 Swing
    10 2pt Row
    10 Swing
    30sec Hamstring Stretch\15diamond Pushup\Hamstring stretch\10 explosive pushup
    5 Getup
    10 Swing

30sec Plank
    30 Deadbug
    15 Fire hydrant
    30 Res deadbug
    30 Superman
    30 Butterfly Crunch

Notes:
    Dun

@ Nate
    sounds about right
    Looking for some fitness product reviews? Check out http://www.otpproductreview.com/

Gob-Log 2012

50 pushup
    50 situp
    2mi jog

break

warmup stuff

break

Timed: (5:37)
    400m jog
    40 Squat
    30 Situp
    20 Pushup
    10 Squat Thrust
    400m Jog

notes:
    okay morning. Looking good, feeling decent enough. Spent the weekend gorging on anything I could eat and played a little too hard on Friday.

Military school is going fine, today is the first "essay" and tomorrow is the first speech (on me and why I'm awesome). School, school, is a little more "on the line". The first assignment came back, I knew it sucked when I turned it in and the prof confirmed it *hehe*. I finished this week's assignment yesterday and should do better. Week 1's was just retarded to be honest. We had to compare and contrast NCAA div I, II, III purpose, requirements, funding, ect. Each manual is 300+ pages, so it's 900pgs of reading...which I wasn't really up for to be honest. Give me my "C" and let's press on to week two...ass :P
    Looking for some fitness product reviews? Check out http://www.otpproductreview.com/

Gob-Log 2012

50 pushup
    50 situp
    2mi jog

notes:
    nice little storm blew in last night and made for no official PT this morning. probably not the worst thing that ever happened. last night left me feeling "a little delicate".

Gob-Log 2012

Forgot to bitch about our PT.

It's fine for the most part, kind of based on x-fit\circuit training style of stuff. The nutrition and actual book info is pretty horrid though. The nutrition is detailed into grams and 30-60min blocks of time. So much opportunity for failure. Why wouldn't you try to make things easy to succeed at?

I was looking at the author and they're a CHEK dude\ette...which pretty well brought it together for me. One of our big things is "HIEE" or high intensity endurance exercise...and I'm thinking A: "this doesn't make sense" B: "I'm probably more well read in the subject than average and I've never heard of it....why?" Paul Chek...that's why. hehe

Gob-Log 2012

What shoes are you using for the 2-mile jogs these days? How are the road gloves?
    Best,
    Tim

I always loved the feel of sweat on my shirt; stand back, son, and let a man work. - Bruce Springsteen

Whatever comes along during your competition or training should be viewed through the lens of wonder and thanks. - Dan John

Gob-Log 2012

Chek time. Excellent. He pulled ahead of Poliquin on the crazy and never looked back.

Not looking forward to the impending stories about coffee enemas.
    Megaloi -- My Blog
    "Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    - Mignon McLaughlin

My New Log -- I Can't Get No Satisficing

Gob-Log 2012

Quote Originally Posted by "T-Runner":1tl4wxk4
    What shoes are you using for the 2-mile jogs these days? How are the road gloves?
    I'm running in my Nike Lunar's. Day 1 we had the talk about acceptable shoes and my trail gloves have orange on them....faddish. I can wear an orange reflective belt (encouraged) but brightly colored shoes are a no no.

I could switch them out from personal to regular PT but I'm pretty lazy and that's one shoe swap too many for me

Gob-Log 2012

50 pushup
    50 situp
    2mi jog

400m jog
    ladder 5-10-15-20-15-10-5 (Squat\Pushup\Situp)
    400m jog
    ladder 5-10-15-20 (Squat\Pushup\Situp)

notes:
    Decent enough morning. Didn't kill it by any stretch but did well enough. Tomorrow will probably blow. On the bright side I'll be with the fam, so if it's got to be a sore\long day I'd rather it be there than here.

Gob-Log 2012

I noticed all the running shoes in the Olympics seemed to be neon orange or yellow/green. So it must be a fad

Gob-Log 2012

1.5mi(ish) jog

notes:
    boobies and belly is sore from yesterday. I weighed in 3 or lbs heavier than when I left for NCOA so that's a "huh" thing. I'm thinking drinky bloat bloat.

the military is kind of funny. we're nut supposed to be different or special unless it's in a uniform fashion.

Rancho Santa Margarita, California. A short walk t

Gob-Log 2012

Quote Originally Posted by "gobbla":2b1s715y
    Forgot to bitch about our PT.

It's fine for the most part, kind of based on x-fit\circuit training style of stuff. The nutrition and actual book info is pretty horrid though. The nutrition is detailed into grams and 30-60min blocks of time. So much opportunity for failure. Why wouldn't you try to make things easy to succeed at?

I was looking at the author and they're a CHEK dude\ette...which pretty well brought it together for me. One of our big things is "HIEE" or high intensity endurance exercise...and I'm thinking A: "this doesn't make sense" B: "I'm probably more well read in the subject than average and I've never heard of it....why?" Paul Chek...that's why. hehe
    If that nutrition crap is from the Chek dude, then the dude isn't doing it right. I'm not a Chek dude, but Chek's basic nutrition is super simple and doesn't mention grams, blocks, or anything. It's food quality, limit grains and seed oils, lots of veggies...

Quote Originally Posted by "RedLefty":2b1s715y
    Chek time. Excellent. He pulled ahead of Poliquin on the crazy and never looked back.

Not looking forward to the impending stories about coffee enemas.
    Poliquin needs to prescribe advanced fitness and nutrition advice based on auras and the pendulum to catch up.

Movember is coming...

Get The Mustache Workout and support a cure for prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and men's mental health.

Roland Denzel @
    EatWellMoveWell.com

Author of Man on Top and The Real Food Reset

Stop by my training log The Madness of Roland

Gob-Log 2012

Today:
    50 Pushup
    50 Situp
    2mi jog

break

400m jog
    20 Mountain Climber
    400m Jog
    20 Squat Thrust
    400m Jog
    20 Burp
    400m Jog
    20 Burpee
    400m Jog

2min break
    400m Jog
    20 Mountain climber
    400m Jog
    20 Squat Thrust
    400m Jog

notes:
    and I'm spent. Probably over did the caffeine there. The "up down" motion of the exercises had me a little light headed. No "chucky, chucky" but it was well into the unpleasant realm. Every so often burping up yesterday's cocktail of cheap vodka and generic lemonade mix heh heh.

For those of you who read this here log and do something more impressive that a job that lets you PT half drunk, for my college work I need to do an interview with a "leader". Seeing how I'm kinda out of the loop with my personal leaders, does anyone want to be my inspiring leader? Here in the next couple of days I'll come up w\ a handful of questions and if you could just answer and fire back, then I'd love you for ever.

Gob-Log 2012

I had to do a youtube search on paul chek to remind me of the crazy and most of it wasn't too bad. The holistic approach is something that I guess you're either down for or you're not, I dunno if there's a lot of middle ground in there. You start fucking with the chakra and stuff it's kinda "ehhhhhhh, you lost me".

Gob-Log 2012

Quote Originally Posted by "gobbla":3uuzorni

For those of you who read this here log and do something more impressive that a job that lets you PT half drunk, for my college work I need to do an interview with a "leader". Seeing how I'm kinda out of the loop with my personal leaders, does anyone want to be my inspiring leader? Here in the next couple of days I'll come up w\ a handful of questions and if you could just answer and fire back, then I'd love you for ever.

I'm a leader of accountants, I would put that behind buzzing burpees in overall impressiveness.

Gob-Log 2012

Today:
    50 Pushup
    50 Situp
    2mi jog

break

400m jog
    21 Burp
    21 Situp
    21 Squat Thrust
    400m jog
    15 Burp
    15 Situp
    15 Squat Thrust
    400m jog
    9 Burp
    9 Situp
    9 Squat Thrust
    400m jog

notes:
    Felt good today. Dunno why, didn't sleep particularly well but life is good.

Nate, I actually read the assignment and it "has" to be an in person interview so I went with a fella that's here at the class with me, but I really appreciate your willingness to help me out. On one hand the military stuff is handy on the leadership front since we all are "leaders" regardless of your ability to do so. The down side is that most of the leadership styles and relationships are pretty well dictated to you\universal. If you're a special butterfly doing your own thing then you're probably about 5min away from getting in trouble

Gob-Log 2012

Quote Originally Posted by "gobbla":i69w1lh4
    If you're a special butterfly doing your own thing then you're probably about 5min away from getting in trouble
    hope you appreciated the fact that I refrained from making a joke about the Air Force and the actual time being something like 2 weeks :tongue

Gob-Log 2012

Today:
    50 Pushup
    50 Situp
    2mi jog

break

Tabata x8 complete all rounds before moving on
    pushup
    mountain climber
    situp
    squat thrust

notes:
    another good day. caffeinated and charging hard.

Drank some sort of FUCKING AMAZING beer yesterday (ruination IPA). That sucker was gawd damned delicious. I normally don't really care about what I drink but that was something everybody ought to stop what you're doing and go out and try. It was like $6 for the 20, but as a special "I love me" treat...yeah...yummo.

@ Tom
    Yeah... . One thing that kind of amazes me w\ my peers is our lack of good order and discipline on the foundation level. The Army folks seemed to miss some broad strokes, but everyone went through the motions of doing what they were supposed to be doing. The AF has a REAL problem defining what a leader is and how you as an NCO are expected to fill that role. We have the little brown book (AFI-Blah blah blah, similar to an AR) but it's a reg that isn't enforced or taught on an application level. We walk around waiving rainbows and butterfly kisses and then do the exact opposite in practice. We're an odd crew.

Gob-Log 2012

Yup Stone makes some mighty fine beers. You might want to check out their Escondidian Black IPA if it's still available, and their Arrogant Bastard.
    Tom

Curling in the squat rack is like crapping in a urinal - Tony Gentilcore

Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera

Gob-Log 2012

Quote Originally Posted by "stingo":sdbfddlo
    Yup Stone makes some mighty fine beers. You might want to check out their Escondidian Black IPA if it's still available, and their Arrogant Bastard.
    I helped out at my nieces wedding reception (cake duty) and as a thank you she gave me a bottle of Arrogant Bastard. I wasn't sure what to read into the choice...but it was tasty.
    Approach with caution - I'm keto-adapting

WARNING: Written in minutes and fact-checked in seconds via Google. May contain unsafe levels of self-righteousness. Past cleverness is no guarantee of future results.

Training Log

"Please! One piece of pie won't make the difference and there's plenty of time to catch up! Each individual piece of pie is totally worth it."