Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Gob-Log 2012

Gob-Log 2012

ETA: whoops, made this post in the wrong log somehow...

Gob-Log 2012

2mi jog

notes:
    Tried the arrogant bastard ale today and it was good BUT nowhere near the ruination. It wasn't anywhere near the price per bottle either so that may come into play at some point but I've still got half a chub from that last one. They're supposed to have a 16th anniversary brew out...which might be my quest for the weekend. Maybe it's just my pallet but the heavy beers (stout, draught) and the IPA's are the ones that really get my motor running on being able to really pick out what's going on in them. The ales, lagers, reds...it's pretty much beer.
    Looking for some fitness product reviews? Check out http://www.otpproductreview.com/

Gob-Log 2012

I saw that you were asking about power cleans in Jills log

I like Joe Kenn's simple approach, you can watch it here

[youtube]JSuzly_snc0[/youtube]

He has a manual too, Push,Jump,Punch ebook. HERE
    It goes through a heap of progressions he uses to teach high school kids.
    Mark

If you think lifting weights is dangerous, try being weak. Being weak is dangerous. - President Contreras

I only believe in Training to be Awesome. - Wendler

Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid only of standing still.

Gob-Log 2012

2mi jog
    50 pushup
    50 situp

5rnds
    20 squat
    15 situp
    10 pushup
    5 Squat thrust

break

400m jog
    2x the circuit above

notes:
    it was humid and all around shitty this morning. I felt okay but the hot and sticky just doesn't agree with anyone.

@ mindpower
    Thx dude. That's why I keep coming back here. You guys are great!
    Looking for some fitness product reviews? Check out http://www.otpproductreview.com/

Gob-Log 2012

30 Squat
    30 Lunges
    30 Pushup
    30 Situp
    30 Burp
    30 Squat Thrust
    30 Squat

notes:
    workout designed to be hard...yay.

Spent too long talking to the Mrs...then after that my troop called and let me know that he questioned our section chief's integrity in front of the commander....which apparently she did not take particularly well (go figure). Good times.

Gob-Log 2012

Quote Originally Posted by "gobbla":3udi99ih

Spent too long talking to the Mrs...then after that my troop called and let me know that he questioned our section chief's integrity in front of the commander....which apparently she did not take particularly well (go figure). Good times.
    He sounds like a special butterfly.

Gob-Log 2012

Quote Originally Posted by "gobbla":211rdmce
    Always great to get that type of info when you are remote and can't fix it.

Gob-Log 2012

Quote Originally Posted by "gobbla":crg8d9yl
    notes:
    Tried the arrogant bastard ale today and it was good BUT nowhere near the ruination. It wasn't anywhere near the price per bottle either so that may come into play at some point but I've still got half a chub from that last one. They're supposed to have a 16th anniversary brew out...which might be my quest for the weekend. Maybe it's just my pallet but the heavy beers (stout, draught) and the IPA's are the ones that really get my motor running on being able to really pick out what's going on in them. The ales, lagers, reds...it's pretty much beer.
    You're not alone. The highest rated beers are nearly always stouts or IPAs of one sort or another. Speaking of which, Stone makes a Russian Imperial Stout you might also want to try.
    Tom

Curling in the squat rack is like crapping in a urinal - Tony Gentilcore

Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera

Gob-Log 2012

2mi jog

break

100 Burpee @ 9min 55sec

notes:
    Switched to rum and coke last night and that twisted me. Got to come up w\ a better system of mixing them suckers. The run was okay, burpees were a challenge but not impossible. I had a good pace then started slowing down a little too much, ended up forced to knock out the last 16-18 in a row.

In random factoid news, I won the "Information Dominance" award....cause I fucking dominate information. I take information down and do work up on that bitch. I'm hoping at some point someone tells me what that award is for....

@ Tom\Nate
    Yeah...he's an odd little guy. His heart is in the right place more often than not but his brain takes a bit to catch up. I tried to midigate some of the damage but I figure I probably ended up just salting the wound w\ the boss.

@ Tom2
    I SEEN that!! Stouts make me happy, I'm not going to lie. To be honest I want to try their entire line. As someone that typically goes for cost to drunk ratio, I've got to learn to NOT open the throat and "taste" what I'm drinking but that's something that I'm willing to put some effort in to

Gob-Log 2012

Well off the top of my head I've had their Smoked Porter, IPA, Pale Ale, Old Guardian, Vertical Epic series, Anniversary Beers, Cali-Belgique, and Sublime Self-Righteous. All of them at least good and many very good brews.
    Tom

Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera

Gob-Log 2012

Quote Originally Posted by "gobbla":13c952hx
    Switched to rum and coke last night and that twisted me. Got to come up w\ a better system of mixing them suckers.
    There's a system?
    Megaloi -- My Blog
    "Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    - Mignon McLaughlin

My New Log -- I Can't Get No Satisficing

Gob-Log 2012

I had Stone's 16th Anniversary beer tonight. Pretty unique in that they used lemon in the brewing process.
    Tom

Gob-Log 2012

10 Goblet Squat\30sec Hip Stretch
    10 Swing
    30sec 1arm\leg plank on elbow
    10 Swing
    10 Bootstrap squat
    10 Swing
    30sec 1arm\leg plank @ pushup position
    10 Swing
    10 Bootstrap Squat
    10 Swing
    20 Scap Pushup
    10 Swing
    10 maxercist Row
    10 Swing
    10 2pt Row
    10 Swing
    50 Situp
    10 Swing
    30sec Hamstring Stretch\50 Pushup\Hamstring stretch\5 explosive pushup
    10 Swing
    5 Getup
    10 Swing

30sec Plank
    30 Deadbug
    15 Fire hydrant
    30 Res deadbug
    30 Superman
    30 Butterfly Crunch

1mile jog

break

1mile jog

Notes:
    It's a monday...felt like giving it some love today. Took my time and got through it. I lost my footing on the swings a couple times...life flashed through my eyes. I didn't intend on breaking up the run but...it's kinda hot. It's a dry heat but it's still pretty damn hot.

Red> Of COURSE there's a system. Tilt the bottle and count to three...garnish with pepsi...duh. Of course it gets thrown off if you're drunk and or you took the nipple off the bottle, but hey, no system is perfect. At least I have a system. a damn fine system

Tom> Tease. I think when I get back to OKC to stay I'll probably go more that route w\ getting something delicious on the weekends rather than drinking like a...something that drinks a lot...I dunno...a water buffalo? This little place here on base has a really nice selection of beers and I'd love to try them all, I just don't trust myself not to try them all "tonight".

Gob-Log 2012

Quote Originally Posted by "gobbla":1bnjq3k0
    Red> Of COURSE there's a system. Tilt the bottle and count to three...garnish with pepsi...duh. Of course it gets thrown off if you're drunk and or you took the nipple off the bottle, but hey, no system is perfect. At least I have a system. a damn fine system
    Ah, cool. I definitely need a system. Made RW a mixed drink last week around 9pm, and an hour later she went to walk the dogs. I got a text from her, "Hey why r there three moons?" Oops.
    Megaloi -- My Blog
    "Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    - Mignon McLaughlin

My New Log -- I Can't Get No Satisficing

Gob-Log 2012

today= light exercise\stretching

Gob-Log 2012

It appears that drinking heavily and not eating right MAY have negatively impacted my performance metrics. There's correlation at the very least

Kinda getting back into the grind but having issues really doing the "extra mile" stuff.

We had a sports day on Friday...yeah...I just don't have it in me to keep up with the younguns. These guys are way more athletic than I probably ever was, but there were several instances of my brain wanting to do something and my body chuckling disinterestedly. Apparently it's time to develop some wiliness or something.

Me and the Mrs are going to start "Body for Life" here in a week or so. Get all bro'd out and stuff.

Gob-Log 2012

That's great that she wants to do it with you (I assume that's how it came up). Have fun!
    Approach with caution - I'm keto-adapting

WARNING: Written in minutes and fact-checked in seconds via Google. May contain unsafe levels of self-righteousness. Past cleverness is no guarantee of future results.

Training Log

"Please! One piece of pie won't make the difference and there's plenty of time to catch up! Each individual piece of pie is totally worth it."

Gob-Log 2012

eldest forgot to knock this morning and found mom and dad "wrestling".

yay for scarring

Gob-Log 2012

yay for something.

Gob-Log 2012

lock on master bedroom door - first thing NMNM installed in every set of quarters/home we had until the kids moved out