Thread: Gob-Log 2012

Gob-Log 2012

am 50 pushups\situps
    .5 mi jog
    8x400m sprints(ish)

pm
    leg curls\ext, calf raise, crunches

notes:
    Had a pretty high functioning day until coming home from the gym in the PM. Hit the wall HARD on that one. AM session felt really good, got some wind in me and really didn't have any issues, even opened the throttle pretty wide on the last lap.

I'm kinda digging the high volume machine training. I don't think it's doing a lot for me athletically, but my joints feel good and I'm looking like a sexy bitch in the mirror. I "feel" like I'm cheating but I think I can deal with that.

On the promotion, I let my new boss know that I have some reservations about the new position. Mainly because it's "the" high end job and me moving up from the dregs to fill it. Especially with the dregs still being turdy. I got it moving in a generally direction but it's about 10min from falling apart. Truth be told it's a "non job" really so it really doesn't matter if it fails but it strikes me as odd that they tell me I'm awesome and move me from a shitty job that barely works to one that pretty much runs like a top (or so I'm led to believe). I don't think they'd put me in it if I were a turd, but it's odd.

@ nate
    there's very, very little to gain from competency. they typically position you where you can mask the deficiencies of the turds around you by doing their jobs too. end result giving them more time to study so they can be your boss.
    Looking for some fitness product reviews? Check out http://www.otpproductreview.com/

Gob-Log 2012

2mi jog

notes:
    didn't sleep well last night and sorta poopy day. It's almost sad to have a "good" day cause you know the next one will probably blow.

I think everyone is crazy. Either that or I'm crazy...someone is definitely crazy
    Looking for some fitness product reviews? Check out http://www.otpproductreview.com/

Gob-Log 2012

strained a damn rib or something. Did some jujitsu with a coworker on fri...blinding pain...pressed on. It's not too bad as long as I'm on drugs, off of them though...holy crap.

Gob-Log 2012

Pressing of after blinding pain? You are definitely crazy.

Gob-Log 2012

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":skuawjc7
    Pressing of after blinding pain? You are definitely crazy.
    I've been there before. You're doing something that either you enjoy, or has to get done and ouch.

You can physically continue so you do. You know it's going to suck later, and the degree of later suckage is still a mystery, so on you go.

I did heavy (like 400 lbs) squats later on the same day that I tore my ACL.

Gob-Log 2012

Quote Originally Posted by "nate99":3tu3ghti
    I did heavy (like 400 lbs) squats later on the same day that I tore my ACL.
    Quote Originally Posted by "gobbla":3tu3ghti
    I think everyone is crazy. Either that or I'm crazy...someone is definitely crazy
    Now I count two.

Gob-Log 2012

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":2bbje7cy
    Now I count two.
    In my defense, I was 17 at the time and in denial that I had probably wrecked my chance at playing varsity football, which is pretty much the be all end all of a 17 year old male Texan's existence.

So yeah, crazy, but predictably so.

Gob-Log 2012

Feel better...
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

Gob-Log 2012

nothing broke, just some sort of bruise\strain...out of action for a month or so. yay.

agree w\ nate. on the muscle pulls and stuff NORMALLY it's not a big deal and even if it is the damage is pretty much done, if it's not broken I don't really get too excited about it. The real irritating thing is that we seem to be shifting from "minor inconvenience" to "catastrophic injury" on the big scale of "dumb stuff Tony does".

Gob-Log 2012

You're getting old...
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

Gob-Log 2012

walked like a boss for about a mile.

notes:
    yesterday was pretty uncomfortable most of the day. I started my new job and between that and being distracted I was just behind and felt loserish most of the day. The walk was my attempt to be normal, the rib was pretty tight and spazzy but wasn't really hurting. This morning feels pretty good and I slept through most of the night for the first time since last friday, so I'm taking it as a sign that I should repeat those actions.

bytsi- that's what the doctors keep saying. "Well...these things happen when you start getting to your age". I feel like I just topped 100K miles, still look pretty good, but you can't take me on a long trip.

Gob-Log 2012

Quote Originally Posted by "gobbla":1q2guuhy
    I feel like I just topped 100K miles, still look pretty good, but you can't take me on a long trip.
    Frequent oil changes are the keys to long life. New rings when needed. Hopefully you won't need to bore out the cylinders.
    Approach with caution - I'm keto-adapting

WARNING: Written in minutes and fact-checked in seconds via Google. May contain unsafe levels of self-righteousness. Past cleverness is no guarantee of future results.

Training Log

"Please! One piece of pie won't make the difference and there's plenty of time to catch up! Each individual piece of pie is totally worth it."

Rancho Santa Margarita, California. A short walk t

Gob-Log 2012

man...

Movember is here...

Get The Mustache Workout and support a cure for prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and men's mental health.

Roland Denzel @
    EatWellMoveWell.com

Author of Man on Top and The Real Food Reset

Stop by my training log The Madness of Roland

Gob-Log 2012

yday = walk @ 20min or so

today = some yoga (dvd), tried out a pushup\situp or two

notes:
    felt pretty good most of the day. I'm taking some time off the anti inflammatories and just taking regular tylenol. I "can" do pushups\situps. I didn't max either one by any stretch but the motions themselves I can do. I might go for a little jog tomorrow...maybe. The jarring I know will hurt, but hurt bad or hurt just hurt...who knows.

We bought some new entry doors. I'm pretty excited about that. They should be ni this week or next. We're in the market for a christmas tree...doing some comparative shopping. I'm surprised that most of the artificial trees seem pretty nice. We don't want to spend a lot on it, but even the cheapest of them seem nicer than the one we tossed last year.

Gob-Log 2012

Shit, I haven't read your log in a while and when I read that you walked and did yoga yesterday I'm like wtf? Had to read back a page to figure out what happened! I guess congrats are in order on your promotion (hoping it leads to some sort of rank or money soon too huh). Sorry about your rib. Is there a Hallmark card for that?

Gob-Log 2012

4mi(ish) Jog
    50 pushups\50 crunches

notes:
    I think I'm over the worse of it. The run was okay. Breathing wasn't comfortable but the jog itself wasn't agonizing. The pushups were fine, situps hurt so I swapped over to crunches and had no problems at all. Hopefully by next week I'll be back to doing those then we'll toss some lifting into the mix and rock it out.

@ Jill
    I can see how you might think that we'd reward competence, but really it's more of a sign that the man is about ready to beat you down than it is "something good". You've moved into the gaze of the keeper and the keeper is never happy.

Gob-Log 2012

2mi jog
    50 pushup
    60 situp (taking breaks here and there)

Helped a guy move...and I'm spent

notes:
    run is okay, the two months off pretty well kicked that one in the gnards so good enough is good enough. Pushups are going to bounce back no problem. The situps weren't too bad unless I took a breath mid movement, so baby steps on that one.

Gob-Log 2012

2mi jog
    50 pushup
    50 situp

notes:
    Yesterday did some yard work and today did my happy little program minimum. Armed with the knowledge that breathing during the situps would be aweful...I didn't mix the two and got through it with minimal discomfort. The run is feeling pretty good and I can start to do twisting movements now without really hurting, so I'm feeling pretty positive all around. I've been begging to hurt myself again\worse and have pretty much failed at it so I think that's a good sign as well.

We have a big ass rock in our flowerbed. It's one of those that looks really big and heavy but you think it's probably not nearly as bad as it looks...but it is. It's heavy as...a big ass rock. I moved it across the yard and lugged around a 5gal bucket of wood sealer. Good times...good times.

Today we went to a farm and walked a corn maze. You know what's not fun? Walking in a damned corn maze. Sun beating down and walking in a damned circle for 45min. No bueno.

Gob-Log 2012

4mi jog
    50 pushups\Situps

Waiter Walk\Suitcase Carry
    Goblet Squat
    plank 2x30sec
    bootstrap squat 2x10
    Marx row x10
    2pt row x10
    pushup 2x20

plank x30sec
    dead bug x30
    fire hydrant x30
    res dead bug x30
    superman x30
    crunch x30

Notes:
    Feeling better. When I cleaned the KB for the waiter walk, that was unpleasant, the rest of it I didn't push my luck. The run wasn't feeling good at the end but "meh". Better than last week.

I mentally bitched out 3 times for the 2nd half of the session but came back and did most of it. I held off on the lifting portion (complexes) and swings but I'm proud for upping the ante a little.

I also found an inversion table on craigs list. Picking that little sucker up tomorrow. I'm hoping that will make it to where I can lift moderate loads again. It'll be fun to flip around if nothing else.

Gob-Log 2012

8x400m sprints avg about 1min 40 (about 10sec slow)
    50 pushup\situp

notes:
    meh. I can breath while doing situps. It hurts but I can do it. I can't really go 100% but today was okay. Work is beating me up. I want to do a little more exercise but it's just not going to happen.