Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Zen-ly azz-tastic 2012 log

Zen-ly azz-tastic 2012 log

recovery/cardio bunny day

elliptical
    5 min warm up
    20 min intervals 30 sec fast and high resistance, 60 sec medium pace, no resistance (I messed up the interval in it somewhere to be at an even 20)
    5 min cool down

stretching and foam roll

time to mow, homework and work. Solid Wednesday
    "do what's right and let the pieces fall where they fall"

5/3/12
    Maximum Strength Phase 2 week 1 lower body workout 2

Broad Jump
    5 x 5 @ BW

slightly elevated Deadlift
    5 x 5 @ 155

Bulgarian Split Squat (in place of reverse lunges, toe pain)
    3 x 6 @ 10 eh

Pallof Press
    2 x 8 es @ 30
    1 x 8 es @ 35

I had no motivation to get todays workout in. On the way home I got a call from a new fitness center I gave my resume to. I told the guy about my situation and he said he only hired people for full time then click. I told him I was looking to consolidate my jobs, but sorry if im not going to drop everything right now for a job that I know nothing about. Needless to say it was a bad sales call on his part.

On a better note as soon as I got off the phone with him I checked the mail and I have been selected as a Harvest Ball honoree (for service, leadership in the local community). So it will be fun to do that. I'm pretty excited for it.

Quote Originally Posted by "Sensei D":2yv3tmy2
    On a better note as soon as I got off the phone with him I checked the mail and I have been selected as a Harvest Ball honoree (for service, leadership in the local community). So it will be fun to do that. I'm pretty excited for it.
    Congratulations! That is really cool.

......that'll make that guy regret he hung up on you!

Congrats on being recognized!!!! Don't forget all the people who knew you when
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

Nice!

Warrior Dash is here this weekend. Are your or your broski in?
    Megaloi -- My Blog
    "Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    - Mignon McLaughlin

My New Log -- I Can't Get No Satisficing

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":cw29oyah
    Congratulations! That is really cool.

......that'll make that guy regret he hung up on you!
    Thanks! Yep, I'm thinking about going in as a patron and see what its like and how hard they try to sell me personal training.

Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi":cw29oyah
    Congrats on being recognized!!!! Don't forget all the people who knew you when
    Thanks! I'll make sure I thank all the little people (there isn't a speech)

Quote Originally Posted by "RedLefty":cw29oyah
    Nice!

Warrior Dash is here this weekend. Are your or your broski in?
    Thanks! Nope the only warriors I saw dashing this weekend was the Avergers yesterday. And it was a damn good movie.

5/4/12
    Maximum Strength week 1 upper body day 2
    weight 192

Speed Bench Press (40% of 1RM)
    10 x 3 @ 95

close grip bench press
    4 x 5 @ 95

Chest Supported dumbbell row
    4 x 5 @ 55

superset
    inverted row
    3 x 10 @ BW
    scapular pushup
    3 x 15 @ BW

I thoroughly enjoy kicking my ass on Friday afternoons because I feel justified going into the weekend. However Friday's workout caused my shoulder a lot of pain, so I tried to take it easy on it. My overall shoulder health is more important that one workout.

5/7/12
    Maximum Strength phase 2 week 2 lower body day 1
    weight 190

Front Squat
    (5x1) x 5 @ 115

Dumbbell Step Up
    3 x 6 es @ 15 eh

Ab rollout
    2 x 10 @ BW

Glute ham
    2 x 8 @ BW

Single leg squat to box
    2 x 10 es @ BW

Today was a solid workout. My left hip was a little grindy as usual. After I realized a slight hiccup on my end over the weekend (I somehow forgot to do an assignment in one of my classes from a few weeks back). I have finished my semester and am all but certain I kept a 4.0 for the three classes.

Now that I have some free time its time to work a little more and study some of my own stuff.

I took the rest of last week off because my shoulder continues to hurt like hell when i lift, and even when I don't on and off throughout the day. I got back into the gym today and will try and keep up the lower body workouts of maximum strength.

weight: 188

dumbbell step up (easy)
    2 x 6 es @ BW

glider rollouts
    2 x 10 @ BW

glute bridge (no glute ham)
    2 x 10 @ 45

single leg squat to box
    2 x 8 es @ BW

I was very happy to see a decrease in my weight especially since it is post summit. However I know I was dehydrated and my stress levels were pretty high over the weekend so I expect the weight to return to normal soon.

Today, I officially accepted and internship for the fall with Cressey Performance. Needless to say I am very grateful and excited for the opportunity. It is great to have a plan for the rest of the year and this opportunity should help open some doors in the fitness world.

So happy for you David! So happy!

Quote Originally Posted by "Sensei D":b91kabgf
    I took the rest of last week off because my shoulder continues to hurt like hell when i lift, and even when I don't on and off throughout the day.
    Not surprised that your shoulders are sore given that you carried the weight of the Summit on them..... Thank you for your efforts, you did a great job!

Quote Originally Posted by "Sensei D":b91kabgf
    Today, I officially accepted and internship for the fall with Cressey Performance. Needless to say I am very grateful and excited for the opportunity. It is great to have a plan for the rest of the year and this opportunity should help open some doors in the fitness world.
    This is wonderful news, congratulations! I am selfishly happy because I know we will have the opportunity to see you and your family before a whole year goes by. Please use TomK and I for support and a point of contact as you make this transition.

CONGRATULATIONS on the Cressey internship!!!!!!! WHOOOOOT!!!!!!!

It was great seeing you and getting a chance to hang out... can we please make the Summit a bit more frequent??? I hate withdrawal...
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

Congrats!!!!

Seriously, what Caren said....anything we can do to help out on the move and while you are here.

Wow that's a primo gig and you gotta be cream of the crop to land it. Nicely done!
    Megaloi -- My Blog
    "Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    - Mignon McLaughlin

My New Log -- I Can't Get No Satisficing

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":1jyxab8e
    Not surprised that your shoulders are sore given that you carried the weight of the Summit on them..... Thank you for your efforts, you did a great job!

This is wonderful news, congratulations! I am selfishly happy because I know we will have the opportunity to see you and your family before a whole year goes by. Please use TomK and I for support and a point of contact as you make this transition.

Quote Originally Posted by "RedWifey":1jyxab8e
    So happy for you David! So happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi":1jyxab8e
    CONGRATULATIONS on the Cressey internship!!!!!!! WHOOOOOT!!!!!!!

It was great seeing you and getting a chance to hang out... can we please make the Summit a bit more frequent??? I hate withdrawal...
    Quote Originally Posted by "TomK":1jyxab8e
    Congrats!!!!

Seriously, what Caren said....anything we can do to help out on the move and while you are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by "RedLefty":1jyxab8e
    Wow that's a primo gig and you gotta be cream of the crop to land it. Nicely done!
    Thanks to all! I do thank my dear brother for help with it as well.

Tom and Caren I most certainly will be in touch soon and while in in Boston, you all are awesome!

Woah! Awesome! Congrats! Look me up, too, once you're in Boston!

Quote Originally Posted by "madetoforget":33zv4ynv
    Woah! Awesome! Congrats! Look me up, too, once you're in Boston!

Thanks man! will do, it will be a good 4 months.

I went to work this morning and tried to do some light lifting for my upper body

inverted rows
    2 x 6 @ BW

band rows elbows out
    2 x 10 w/ band

band standing bicep curl
    2 x 10 es
    band standing overhead tricep extension
    2 x 10 es

After doing the light work on my shoulder it started to hurt A LOT. I called my chiropractor and was able to see her in the afternoon. I got accupuncture e-stim and a bunch of manual therapy on it. It is very sore tonight.

I talked with her about the possibility of having an MRI done to see if there is something going on that is causing my problems. She said that could be a good idea but what would I do with the information. i am able to move it around enough that it cant be a full tear, however it is possible that I have partial somewhere. But I wouldn't go with surgery. I will just lay off of it let it get healthy

Sooooo.... it has been a little while since I have been around here and posting. Needless to say a few things have changed since May, summer was a crazy time.

My shoulder continued to give me trouble the whole summer causing workouts to be infrequent and ineffective.

I started a blog http://davidjbromberg.blogspot.com/

I tried swimming in early July and that made my shoulder hurt for a week straight.

I had an MRI done, where they injected dye into my joint capsule (that was a good time) and the radiologist read my MRI and said there was no tear.

I started a relationship with a great girl

I got a second opinion with a surgeon and she said that I do most likely have a SLAP tear in my shoulder so I could have a cortisone shot or surgery to fix it...

I contacted Eric Cressey (my now supervisor, mentor and awesome guy) and he said take option C and rehab it to retrain the movement

I went with option C

The great relationship with the girl was short lived

I gave myself 3 weeks off of work to relax (worst idea ever because I think too much)

I moved to Worcester, MA to start working in Hudson at Cressey Performance as an intern and learn the ways of awesomeness from Eric Tony, Chris, Greg, Pete and the athletes and interns.

My mom was nice enough to drive to MA with me and help me get settled in which was a huge help to adapt to the east coast.

My cousin and his wife live in Boston so while my mom was here we got to see them (it is great to have family close by)

Speaking of family, Summit family is close by as well as TomK and no mouse no more live very close to my cousin and were gracious enough to show my mom and I around Boston. A huge thank you to both of them for the day it was a wonderful time. They also helped my mom get to the airport since they are so close, what wonderful people they are. They too have made my transition to the east coast much better and easier and I look forward to getting to see them again soon!

It was a crazy summer for sure, and now since summer is "over" being it is after labor day I am looking forward to a great fall in the northeast.

I feel like I have learned a ton since I have been working at CP and it has only been 10 days, I still feels like a dream to be here and doing this. I truly love it and I am determined now more than ever to work my butt off and learn as much as I possibly can.

As far as workouts go I was fortunate enough to have Eric and Tony run through an assessment with me and have talked me through how to workout and I have the exercises that I can do and if I do them correctly they won't hurt and if I do they will, so my shoulder will definitely tell me when I am doing it wrong. Today will be my 4th day of lifting and so far so good with the shoulder.

I am still balancing working/lifting/studying and being back on my own but it has been a great transition thanks to a lot of great people.

That is all for now I need to get myself to the gym for a workout and work.

So glad you are nearby. Let us know if you need anything, and when we get back from our trip, let's share another meal.