Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: My Best Foot Forward

Anonymous

3/25/12 Stage 7 Workout 2 Round 1

Quote Originally Posted by "1165dwj":54p6pa3v
    Those DOMS really stink, I completely understand. If I was not sore I would not know how to act but you don't let it stop ya.
    Well, I guess if I keep going, it will go away...eventually. But I do adjust as you'll see with this morning's workout.

The No-Pain-No-Gain Workout

Foam Roll

Warm-up

A1: DB Incline bench press
    2x8x20(e)

A2: DB bent-over row
    2x8x25(e)

B1: DB squat, heels raised on plate
    2x20x8(e)
    2x15x8(e)

B2: DB shoulder press
    2x20x8(e)
    2x15x8(e)

B3: Step-up
    4x15x8(e)

B4: Pullover
    2x20x8(e)
    2x15x8(e)

Foam Roll

Notes: Lots of thoughts. I am the most sore in my lower body in about three months; can barely sit down. No joke. So, lowered the weight by four total # which helped a bit. Also, did half the sets with the max number of reps and the other two with the minimum number of reps; a good compromise. Plus, I was slightly pressed for time. The exception being the step-up because that's a bi-lateral move; I'm good but not that good. :tongue Additionally, "Aunt Flo" is due for a visit and the cramps were starting. Anyhow, decent workout overall. 10 more to go...

My Best Foot Forward

You got it done though, that's all that counts. Hope you feel better!

Anonymous

My Best Foot Forward

Quote Originally Posted by "1165dwj":6e66q3n5
    You got it done though, that's all that counts. Hope you feel better!
    True. I have to keep reminding myself that this stage is not about the weights but fat loss. I'm going to be sore for the next few workouts, I suspect. Maybe the ass-kicking that stage 6 gave me prepared me because I don't think this stage is all that horrible, thus far. :tongue

My Best Foot Forward

Are you still doing the handstand push-up prep/practice?

Anonymous

My Best Foot Forward

Quote Originally Posted by "amz155":261193wx
    Are you still doing the handstand push-up prep/practice?
    Mmm, not so much anymore. I have to get A LOT stronger in my shoulders to be able to vertically press-up my entire body weight. I'm just not there yet. I'm able to press almost half my body weight at this point so I've got a long ways to go. Plus, I've pretty much been sore for the last month on and off with DOMS so I don't feel like doing much else besides the program. Short answer: no.

My Best Foot Forward

I read a few of your workouts and you have come a long way, keep up the hard work. Also nice Avatar

Anonymous

My Best Foot Forward

Quote Originally Posted by "ZaneRen":2cdu8cvj
    I read a few of your workouts and you have come a long way, keep up the hard work. Also nice Avatar
    That's nice of you to say, thanks.

Anonymous

3/27/12 Stage 7 Workout 3 Round 1

The I-Feel-Energized Workout

Foam Roll

Warm-up

A: DB SLRDL
    2x6x25(e)

B1: Static lunge, rear foot elevated
    4x20x8(e)

B2: Push-up: decline
    4x20xBW

B3: DB bent-over row
    4x20x8(e)

Foam Roll

Notes: Wanna feel like a badass? Perform 80 decline push-ups within a single workout. Was bored with the full ones. Soreness was not that bad this morning so felt good enough to do max number of reps with the "B" exercises. Did minimum number of reps with DB SLRDL because 50# is still a lot of weight for me to be pulling and didn't want to fatigue myself so early on. This program continues to surprise me in that even at this late date, I didn't think I'd make any additional progress but I am. Love that. Curious to see also if I will lose any fat within this stage because I still have a few pockets of stubborn fat (here and there) in the typical "female areas" despite being fairly lean. Good workout overall yet I can almost guarantee the soreness will be back with a venegance. 9 more to go...

My Best Foot Forward

For even more fun, do the decline push ups with only one leg on the bench and the other leg elevated

Anonymous

My Best Foot Forward

Anonymous

My Best Foot Forward

I'll have to try that when there's less volume of work involved in one workout.

My Best Foot Forward

Quote Originally Posted by "Stronger":29q1hlni
    [u]Notes: Wanna feel like a badass? Perform 80 decline push-ups within a single workout. Was bored with the full ones. Soreness was not that bad this morning so felt good enough to do max number of reps with the "B" exercises. Did minimum number of reps with DB SLRDL because 50# is still a lot of weight for me to be pulling and didn't want to fatigue myself so early on. This program continues to surprise me in that even at this late date, I didn't think I'd make any additional progress but I am. Love that. Curious to see also if I will lose any fat within this stage because I still have a few pockets of stubborn fat (here and there) in the typical "female areas" despite being fairly lean. Good workout overall yet I can almost guarantee the soreness will be back with a venegance. 9 more to go...

It is exciting when you realize that you have made progress.

Girl I'm not seeing any fat pockets anywhere on your avatar

My Best Foot Forward

Wow.. that's awesome: 20 decline pushups!
    Ergo-log news site
    Perfume diet: "The result was the infiltration of perfume into nearly every aspect of my life touched by food."

Anonymous

My Best Foot Forward

Quote Originally Posted by "Espi":2crobyzb
    Wow.. that's awesome: 20 decline pushups!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by "1165dwj":2crobyzb
    It is exciting when you realize that you have made progress.

Girl I'm not seeing any fat pockets anywhere on your avatar
    It really is.

Oh, trust me - they're there. That bathing suit just hides them well...

Anonymous

My Best Foot Forward

Yoga: 30 minutes

Did the hips/hamstrings routine.

Anonymous

3/29/12 Stage 7 Workout 4 Round 1

The I'm-Pressed-For-Time Workout

Foam Roll

Warm-up

A: Partial single-leg squat
    2x8xBW

B1: DB squat, heels raised on plates
    4x15x8(e)

B2: DB shoulder press
    4x15x8(e)

B3: Step-up
    4x15x8(e)

B4: Pullover
    4x15x8(e)

Foam Roll

Notes: Even with just a few reps, the partial single-leg squat is fairly intense with only my bodyweight. Step-ups are my nemesis in this stage, love what they do for my lower-half but hate performing them. Despite being crunched for time, decent workout overall. Also, DOMS has all but disappeared so that's good. Started this stage one week ago so just three more weeks until I complete the entire program(!). In some ways, seems like I just started, actually. 8 more to go...

My Best Foot Forward

Hate stepups too, don't know why? You are on the home strech I am about ready to start phase III of NRLFAb's. I can do between 6-8 workouts of each Phase and I have completed 6 and am kind of bored at this point with doing the same stuff so I think I am going to move on to Phase III. Also glad to hear your DOMS is fading. Wish mine would!

Anonymous

My Best Foot Forward

Quote Originally Posted by "1165dwj":2a40aqqu
    Hate stepups too, don't know why? You are on the home strech I am about ready to start phase III of NRLFAb's. I can do between 6-8 workouts of each Phase and I have completed 6 and am kind of bored at this point with doing the same stuff so I think I am going to move on to Phase III. Also glad to hear your DOMS is fading. Wish mine would!
    Yeah, can't figure out why I loathe step-ups either, lol. The home stretch indeed. I hear ya on the boredom factor, you have to have variety to keep your motivation. My DOMS never faded in stage 6 but this time it's not so bad. Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous

My Best Foot Forward

Uphill walking: 45 minutes

Too nice of a morning to stay inside so went for a nice uphill walk about eight times, lol.

My Best Foot Forward

Uphill both ways?
    Harlan

"This is the strangest life I've ever known" - Jim Morrison

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Saving Nothing For the Swim Back - My Training Log

Follow me on Twitter: @hmsiegel