Page 26 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

Well I am having to come to terms with the damage I have done over the last month or so. I gained like 5 pounds back since the last challenge from all the fudge, doritos, bread, pasta, crackers, cheese, pretzels, chips & dip and I am feeling it. Just those little five pounds make such a difference in how I feel and I have no one to blame but myself. I have caught myself cheating here and there more and more, and the sad part is I am only cheating myself!

There is a salad place by my office that makes fresh salads and you can get up to eight toppings of anything you like and I just tell them to pile on the cranberries and croutons! I know I should be going for the cucumbers and peppers so why do I continue to go round and round on this vicious cycle when I know damn well that those little extras add up in calories and will put me over my limit for the day!

Okay enough - I had my wahhhh mental moment! Time to suck it up and try to get back on track - maybe if I tell myself enough of times it will stick!

Let me see Wednesday I only did 25 minutes on elliptical and I did lift last night so it is a start.

Warmup

Plank w/one arm & one leg elevated: 2X30 sec

Reverse lunge & cable row: 2X10 black band - I thought about changing this exercise up because of doing the dumbbell reverse lunges but I hate lunges - so I thought since I hate them so much I need to work on them more

Kettleball swing 2X5X25lbs

DB reverse lunge 4X10X15lbs(e)

Lat pull down 4X10XLevel 5 total gym

Romanian deadlift 4X10X100lbs

Push ups at a angle 4X10

No metabolic work - need to get it in to burn some of this fudge ass off!

Stretch

Why do you think you fall down the food hole? Being reflective and just thinking about why you do it and how it makes you feel is sometimes very helpful. At least you have continued to work out and you've only gained 5 pounds (it's not that much). Just get back on the damn wagon and stop eating all that shit!

Quote Originally Posted by "L'ilJ":2sh1dv0t
    Why do you think you fall down the food hole?
    Lil'l J that is the million dollar answer. I guess cause I'm hungry or at least that is what my screwed up mind tells me. That damn food demon in my head says "go ahead, you can have a little of this and a little of that and it won't hurt you" when I know full well Big Momma ain't eating a little of anything - it will be a LOT of something!

I just have to want it bad enough!

Quote Originally Posted by "1165dwj":1ci7k77q
    Lil'l J that is the million dollar answer. I guess cause I'm hungry or at least that is what my screwed up mind tells me. That damn food demon in my head says "go ahead, you can have a little of this and a little of that and it won't hurt you" when I know full well Big Momma ain't eating a little of anything - it will be a LOT of something!

I just have to want it bad enough!
    HUGE KEY! This is my mantra.
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

Are you focusing on protein at all your meals? That's really helping me a lot. I'm also constantly reminding myself that I need to avoid my trigger foods- that once I have them, I keep having more and more of them, that my past behavior shows I can't "control" them (I swear to God they put drugs in the fries at McDonalds- I rarely have them, but when I do, I end up having them 2-3 days in a row). I also keep reminding myself about why I'm doing all of this. Giving up most processed foods and any foods with sugar as a listed ingredient (except for my cheats) has literally saved my "diet". I know there aren't "bad" foods, but I cut out grains completely (for now) and have seen a steady drop in my weight and, more importantly, a lack of cravings. The lack of cravings have allowed me to really plan my cheats instead of mindlessly cheating on my plan all the time.

I know you can do whatever you want to accomplish!!

Quote Originally Posted by "missjane":2m8eco2b
    HUGE KEY! This is my mantra.
    Yup, it is a mindset for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by "Heather F":27h6k2qd
    Are you focusing on protein at all your meals? That's really helping me a lot. I'm also constantly reminding myself that I need to avoid my trigger foods- that once I have them, I keep having more and more of them, that my past behavior shows I can't "control" them (I swear to God they put drugs in the fries at McDonalds- I rarely have them, but when I do, I end up having them 2-3 days in a row). I also keep reminding myself about why I'm doing all of this. Giving up most processed foods and any foods with sugar as a listed ingredient (except for my cheats) has literally saved my "diet". I know there aren't "bad" foods, but I cut out grains completely (for now) and have seen a steady drop in my weight and, more importantly, a lack of cravings. The lack of cravings have allowed me to really plan my cheats instead of mindlessly cheating on my plan all the time.

I know you can do whatever you want to accomplish!!
    Heather to be honest, I just fell off of the watching what I eat wagon and counting calories. I pretty much have been shoveling anything and everything in my mouth, knowing what it will do to me but not really giving a crap (until today of course because the scale is up and I am feeling like crap) so I guilt myself enough to attempt to get back on track. It is like a zombie takes over and and then I'll have a moment of clarity, I am like a drug addict! I seem to do well for a few months and then boom, back to old habits of eating like crap again and gorging myself.

I know all the processed crap is taking a toll, it just gives the food demon inside of my head more fuel and I want it more and more and more. I know what it does to me but why don't I stop it? It just comes down to lack of self control on my part, no other way around, I know what I am eating is bad and yet I still continue to do it!

I have to get back to my once a week cheat meal that is for sure and start concentrating on my protein and veges instead of all the salty crunchy crap & sweet stuff. I don't have anything in the house right now that is salty crunchy (except for the Dog's cheese crackers LOL) and I will not buy any more! I am going to go to the farmers market this weekend and stock up on the veges and get me some chicken and beef and try to get in some cardio and maybe a lifting session this weekend. I need those endorphins so I can get out of this self induced funk!

I appreciate everyone's support, I am just in a piss & moan mood and feeling guilty for once again for sabatoging myself like I always do. I have no one to blame but myself and wish that I could stop making excuses!

I understand pissing and moaning!

I think that sweet stuff and crunch crap IS like a drug and it is just like an addiction (I used to be a substance abuse therapist). It may all be legal, but I think the effects are pretty darn similar- have some, want more, a little isn't enough, feel guilty, beat self up, have some more because feel bad, moment of clarity, stop for a bit, have some more, etc. I can't tell you the number of times I had my hands in a box of crackers going to town even though I KNEW there was no "value" in eating them. Oooh, but that little carb craver in my head really wanted them. I'm only a few weeks of being cracker sober, so I'm certainly no expert, but you have my empathy!

Enjoy the farmers market, don't be so hard on yourself, and definitely don't eat the dog's cheese crackers!!

Quote Originally Posted by "Heather F":208tiqxn
    I'm only a few weeks of being cracker sober, so I'm certainly no expert, but you have my empathy!

Enjoy the farmers market, don't be so hard on yourself, and definitely don't eat the dog's cheese crackers!!

Cracker sober - ROFLMAO

I am sure that in a few days I will be going through withdrawal from the crackers and I will be thinking about those dog cheese crackers like a cracker whore - LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by "1165dwj":35bkel35
    I am sure that in a few days I will be going through withdrawal from the crackers and I will be thinking about those dog cheese crackers like a cracker whore - LMAO
    Hahahahaha! Seriously, though... I can SO relate to pretty much everything that you posted. I, too, can do super well for months at a time, and then for whatever reason, I completely fall apart and pick up all of those horrid habits again. Despite the fact that I KNOW how much better I feel when I'm eating right and working out regularly, I get into that place where I really just don't give a shit. Maybe it does come down to not wanting it badly enough... I don't know... but it sucks.

Hang in there. NO CRACKERS FOR YOU! (Did that remind you of Seinfeld? That's what I was going for.) :tongue
    "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

My log

Bunch of cracker whores here.... Hahahaha. That cracks me up! Hope you are surviving the weekend! I worked in some cheats, didn't backtrack me too much, but decided if I'm going to cheat it needs to be something damn good so I don't keep thinking "Oh I should have chosen ________ instead.

AuntSat

Cracker Whore! I love it! I'm also guilty of it.

Here's hoping you made it through the weekend without upsetting the dog. :tongue

My log

Well ladies I am cracker sober now (lol).... Passed on the dog's cheese crackers this weekend...Too bad I did not get in a workout though. Food wise not that great, had a Ann's famous footlong with chili on Saturday, one of my older sisters corrupted me, she was down for the day and was craving one so she twisted my arm really hard (eye roll).

Oh well we did do a ton of walking on Saturday and then yesterday was house work all day so I am sure I burned a few calories. Lifting session tonight, looking forward to it.

Still not where I want to be calorie wise but Big Momma is slowly taking er down a peg or two but darn it it is hard! I am starving. Trying to eat more protein - everytime I look at carbs I think stay away - go for the meat!

Got in a good workout last night.

Warmup

Pushaway 2X10

Explosive pushups at angle 2X8

Offloaded stepup 2X10X20lbs, 2X10X22.5lbs

Pushups at an angle 4X10

Front squat 1X45lbs, 1X50lbs, 2X55lbs - I think I could go a little higher on the weight but my wrists really hurt with this exercise. Need to figure out how to strengthen my wrists.

DB two point row 1X25lbs, 3X30lbs

Just walked for a few minutes on treadmill

I've totally had to go LOW-carb this week, just to eliminate belly-bloat. And, yes, I'm shoveling in the protein like nobody's business.

It's Day 4, today of LOW-carb. Usually, after 5-days in a row I'm feeling MUCH better and can then re-adjust to make sure I'm not completely lagging because of the lower-carbs.

DO IT 1165dwj!!
    Here's my fitness log: http://www.jpfitness.com/index.php/f...-beeps-is-back

Congrats on your recent cracker sobriety. You can keep this up!

Beeps- hang in there! Day 3 and 4 made me want to shove a box of crackers down my throat or seriously harm someone. Day 5 was the return to sanity.

I know that I must try and get in 3 lifting days a week but I have absolutely no stamina, I huff and puff like a 90 year old lady so I am attempting to get in some cardio even if it is a day a week. My ticker and my lungs needs it. Since I lifted on Monday, yesterday I decided to jump on the elliptical that is collecting dust in the basement and attempted to do an intermediate program. Yeah right, what the hell was I thinking. It was a 30 minute program and I was able to do 20 minutes before I almost collapsed from a heart attack. I had to switch over to the treadmill! So I got in 20 minutes elliptical and 15 minutes of strolling on the treadmill. Better than nothing but something I definitely need to work on!

Don't be so hard on yourself! We ALL have things to work on...... that's why we're here!! You did great!

My log

Got in my second lifting session for the week. Changed a few exercises up because my knees could not handle row w/ reverse lunge and reverse lunges w/weights. Also changed up pushups since I do pushups in workout B I changed it up to bench presses. I am starting to sort of figure out the life program better.

Warmup

Plank w/one leg & arm up in air 2X30 secs

Squat and press 1X8X20lbs, 1X10,20lbs

Kettleball swing 2X8X25lbs

Goblet reverse lunge 4X10X25lbs - this exercise seems to be easier than holding dumbbells at my side, my form is much better

Lat pulldown on Total gym L5 4X10

Romanian deadlift 4X10X105lbs

DB bench press 4X10X25lbs

Stretch

I really have to get my calories down, been eating like a hog. I have been trying to focus on protein first - I had a big old Fred Flinstone size steak last night but of course I also had a big old baked potato and corn on the cob (CARBO LARDO)! Should of had the sweet potato instead! I have to really start holding myself accountable for my poor food choices, my pants are tight again. I am going to make an effort to plug in all of my calories to see where I am, I AM SCURRED TO SEE WHERE I AM CALORIE WISE!!!!!