Page 40 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Do-Da-Dippity

Do-Da-Dippity

Tom

Curling in the squat rack is like crapping in a urinal - Tony Gentilcore

Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera

Do-Da-Dippity

Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi":2t0dvvcp
    The yoga studio is a Baptiste studio - I don't know if that's the actual name of it (?) -- I do think Brookline was one of the locations though... you NEED to try hot power yoga!!!
    Yes! That's the place! Thanks for repeating it for me.

Do-Da-Dippity

Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi":28lj3nec
    Figured out last night that a person I thought was a friend really isn't. I hate that.
    I'm sorry to hear this. This seems to happen to me a LOT (maybe it's me ), leading me to believe that true friendship is a rarity and only found in two to three people over a lifetime. (Sorry to sound so cynical.) But yay for you new potential friend!

Do-Da-Dippity

Quote Originally Posted by "tbrown1025":2myyacay
    I'm sorry to hear this. This seems to happen to me a LOT (maybe it's me ), leading me to believe that true friendship is a rarity and only found in two to three people over a lifetime. (Sorry to sound so cynical.) But yay for you new potential friend!
    I tend to agree with this. And, I also know how you feel, Bytsi. Sorry.
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

Do-Da-Dippity

[quote="stingo":3iw64e6p][url=http://www.splitreason.com/product/1253#:3iw64e6p]Hot yoga[/url][/quote]

[quote="no mouse no more":3iw64e6p]Yes! That's the place! Thanks for repeating it for me. [/quote]

So... when are you GOING????

[quote="tbrown1025":3iw64e6p]I'm sorry to hear this. This seems to happen to me a LOT (maybe it's me ), leading me to believe that true friendship is a rarity and only found in two to three people over a lifetime. (Sorry to sound so cynical.) But yay for you new potential friend! [/quote]

I guess once I decided to cut those kind of people out of my life, I didn't acknowledge that more of them could still sneak in... *sigh*

[quote="missjane":3iw64e6p]I tend to agree with this. And, I also know how you feel, Bytsi. Sorry. [/quote]

Thanks, Jane. True friends are rare, and the older I get the more I realize what amazing treasures they are.

[b][color="Blue"]Assistance / Squatting[/color][/b]

Med Ball Warmup

Rumble Roller

Front Squat - 8x45#, 6x65#, 6x75#, 5x85#, 2x4x95#, 3x100#

RDL - 3x8x80#

Incline DB Bench - 2x8x45#(e)

1-Arm Bent DB Row - 2x8(e)x45#

Arnold Presses - 2x8x30#(e)

Treadmill Walk - 30 min (1.5 mile)

Yoga - 60
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

Do-Da-Dippity

Yoga 75 today... nowhere near as sore as I was after last week's squatting, even though I did slightly (1 rep, lol) more. LOVING the belt so far.

Last band practice tonight before our show on Sunday
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

Do-Da-Dippity

Sorry to read about your friend woes Bytsi. I also agree with Tasha and Jane ... we only have a couple true friends in our lifetime. It's a sad fact I think.
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact,
    just surrounding yourself with assholes. -- William Gibson

Do-Da-Dippity

Glad to see the belt is working for you.

Kinda sad that the friend situation is like that. Holds true for me, too.

Do-Da-Dippity

Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi":10o5k3rr
    Rumble Roller
    Bought one of these recently for the first time....yowza! DH ended up with bruises all over his thighs after using it for the first few times. He's got skinny little runner's legs so maybe that's why. I, on the other hand, apparantly have enough padding on the thighs that I did not bruise :tongue (but was almost on the verge of tears!).

Do-Da-Dippity

[quote="Jewel22":1k93gaot]Sorry to read about your friend woes Bytsi. I also agree with Tasha and Jane ... we only have a couple true friends in our lifetime. It's a sad fact I think.[/quote]

Thanks... I actually just agreed to do a pretty big favor for this person (ugh), but at least I now see her for what she is, and I'm doing it because I was too nice to lie and say I couldn't... but my eyes are at least wide open this time.

[quote="Karen411":1k93gaot]Glad to see the belt is working for you.

Kinda sad that the friend situation is like that. Holds true for me, too.[/quote]

Thanks, and yeah... quality > quantity, right?

[quote="amz155":1k93gaot]Bought one of these recently for the first time....yowza! DH ended up with bruises all over his thighs after using it for the first few times. He's got skinny little runner's legs so maybe that's why. I, on the other hand, apparantly have enough padding on the thighs that I did not bruise :tongue (but was almost on the verge of tears!).[/quote]

Oh yeah, my inner thigh seemed to bruise a lot at first
    They do hurt though... but it hurts so good!!!

[b][color="Blue"]Oly Revised[/color][/b]

Rumble Rolling

Front Squat - 8x45#

Hang Clean - 3x55#, 3x65#

C&J - 2x3x65#, 2x2x75#, 3x1x85#, 2x1x90#

Jerk - 3x3x85#

OHS - 10x10#

DB Bench - 2x8x50#

Cable Row - 2x10x100#

Treadmill - 25 min (1.25 miles)

Yoga - 60
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

Do-Da-Dippity

Yoga 75. New studio today, as my regular place is closed for THREE whole days for a big workshop they're hosting. Normally, they're open 364 days/year, so... yikes!

New place is very similar style-wise, still hot power yoga. But the floor is padded and that makes it harder to balance, and there are no windows (I missed having those). Also we don't line up neatly in rows on our mats there - just randomly scattered, which I'm not used to at all!

At the end of class, the teacher did something I've never heard of in yoga before - she put some oil on my shoulders (on everyone's shoulders) - it was a menthol-ish icy-hot thing I guess, because after a minute it BURNED. I wiped it off - couldn't tell if it was supposed to feel that way or if the skin was sizzling off my shoulders. When I left, there wasn't a mark at all, not even slightly red, so I guess it's supposed to burn......???

Will probably go again tomorrow, since I HATE not keeping to my regular schedule
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

Do-Da-Dippity

One of my favorite yoga instructors used to come around and put a bit of lavender oil on our foreheads during savasana, not only did it feel indulgent, but the scent was so relaxing! I am not thinking that Tiger Balm would have the same effect.

Has DS stopped talking non stop about his trip yet (as I imagine he did?)

Do-Da-Dippity

Quote Originally Posted by "no mouse no more":1kwck2va
    One of my favorite yoga instructors used to come around and put a bit of lavender oil on our foreheads during savasana, not only did it feel indulgent, but the scent was so relaxing! I am not thinking that Tiger Balm would have the same effect.

Has DS stopped talking non stop about his trip yet (as I imagine he did?)
    DS is still wearing tshirts he got in Israel 24/7, and missing his adventures...

Went to that same studio yesterday and she did the oil again but it was a bit better since I expected it and knew it wasn't really peeling my skin off . Yoga 75 Saturday...

Planning some treadmill time today BUT not overdoing it because.....

OUR SHOW IS TODAY!!!!!! 3-4 at the Blue Rock (if anyone local wants to stop by). Hoping to get a video or something to share if my hands aren't shaking too badly
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

Do-Da-Dippity

Have sooo much fun at your show this afternoon!!!!!! Break a leg, friend!!!

Do-Da-Dippity

Have fun at the showwwwwwwwwww!

Do-Da-Dippity

Hope the show was a blast!!! (I'm with Caren... at the place where I go, they use lavendar oil. Loved that. The other stuff....? Probably not so much!)
    "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

My log

Do-Da-Dippity

Thanks guys - quick check-in here, gotta start on the videos! We played 15 songs, in about 90 minutes (and they would've let us play longer but we hadn't really been prepared and one guy had to leave). It was a full, packed house - what fun! We also got nearly $200 in tips - my first time earning $ for playing a gig

Here's a photo from my friend's phone - will post videos if any turned out well... I was aware of mistakes in nearly every song, but not everyone was paying as close attention to my fiddling

Bytsi

My Workout Log

Do-Da-Dippity

They are correct to put you smack dab in the middle of the stage! You look great and I am so glad to hear you had fun. I look forward to your videos.

Do-Da-Dippity

Is that a red violin you're playing?
    Tom

Curling in the squat rack is like crapping in a urinal - Tony Gentilcore

Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera

Do-Da-Dippity

Quote Originally Posted by "stingo":35p9mcoi
    Is that a red violin you're playing?
    i was going to ask this too - i love it! and you look great, too!

depends on the teacher at my studio, but they dot a few drops of eucalyptus oil on your hands before the class to do what you wish with (rub into hands, temples, etc)... some teachers instead will put the icy-hot menthol stuff on your shoulders. i don't think it actually does anything but it feels kind of cool, especially if it's a hot class with overhead fans on! and at the end they spray a lavender mist over you while you lie in savasana. now that i'm talking about all this, MAN do i need to get back to yoga!