Page 71 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1672

Thread: Do-Da-Dippity

Re: Do-Da-Dippity

Let's see if this will post :unsure:

I did yoga 75 Tuesday, just walked the dogs yesterday...

Did the same mess of lifting with metablic and yoga (and almost talked myself out of yoga but was glad I went).

NM - yes, still wrapping the wrist to lift and do yoga, but it's sllloooowwwwlllllyyyy improving.

DWJ - and, I'm dead again

The Chalk Clapping Pink Clothing Workout - Cycle 2 B2

Warmup

Foam Roll

Back Squat - 5x45#, 5x65#, 5x85#, 4x3x105#, 4x105# (5# increase)

Rack Pull - 5x135#, 5x185#, 5x3x225# (10# increase because I was too lazy to find the small plates)

Jerk - 3x8x60# (then I went and found the small plates anyway, 5# increase)

Front Grip Rear BB Lunge - 2x10(e)x30#

Band Pullup - 8, 6, 6

Metabolic Complex - 4, 3, 3, 2 x 45#

Barbell Clean
    Front Squat
    Push Press
    BB Side Lunge (each side)
    Back Squat

Yoga - 60
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi" post=1006315
    Rack Pull - 5x135#, 5x185#, 5x3x225# (10# increase because I was too lazy to find the small plates)

Jerk - 3x8x60# (then I went and found the small plates anyway, 5# increase)
    Sometimes lazy pays off, sometimes it doesn't. :P

So... anyone home?

I played two fun outdoor shows (despite 90 degree temps) this weekend. Here's a little video of one song from the klezmer band - I have a brief solo at about 2:43

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]UB7eYELajtQ[/video]

The Chalk Clapping Pink Clothing Workout - Cycle 2 A3

Warmup

Foam Roll

Sumo Deadlift - 5x90#, 5x140#, 3x160#, 2x180#, 2x190#, 3x2x200#

Front Squat - 5x65#, 5x75#, 3x85#, 3x2x95# (I should've gone higher, I misread my notes)

Single Leg Hip Thrust on 2 Benches - 2x10(e)

Dumbbell Bench - 5x45#(e), 2x5x50#(e)

Cable Row - 3x5x120#

Stair Machine - 5 HIIT cycles

Yoga - 60
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

Nope, no one's here :whistle: inch: :woohoo: :sick: :silly: :blink: :unsure: B)

The Chalk Clapping Pink Clothing Workout - Cycle 2 B3

Warmup

Foam Roll

Back Squat - 5x45#, 5x65#, 5x95#, 3x115#, 3x2x125#

Rack Pull - 5x135#, 5x185#, 4x2x225# (should've been higher, I didn't check the log right)

Jerk - 3x5x65#

Band Pullup - 8, 7, 7

Dumbbell Metabolic Complex - 5, 4, 3, 3, 3 x 15#(e)

RDL
    Bent Row
    Clean
    Front Squat
    Step Up (onto bench)
    Overhead Press

Yoga - 60
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

I'm here, kinda ... just stopping by to say hi. It's a pretty quiet place overall, isn't it? Not your log, I mean the whole forum.
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact,
    just surrounding yourself with assholes. -- William Gibson

Nice little solo there Bytsi! Granny is still singing it! Good for her .

Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi" post=1006598
    Nope, no one's here :whistle: inch: :woohoo: :sick: :silly: :blink: :unsure: B)

The Chalk Clapping Pink Clothing Workout - Cycle 2 B3

Warmup

Foam Roll

Back Squat - 5x45#, 5x65#, 5x95#, 3x115#, 3x2x125#

Rack Pull - 5x135#, 5x185#, 4x2x225# (should've been higher, I didn't check the log right)

Jerk - 3x5x65#

Band Pullup - 8, 7, 7

Dumbbell Metabolic Complex - 5, 4, 3, 3, 3 x 15#(e)

RDL
    Bent Row
    Clean
    Front Squat
    Step Up (onto bench)
    Overhead Press

Yoga - 60
    Holy Mackerel! hmy: This was all on one day? I'm going to start clapping chalk -- inhaling it seems give you a major strength boost! Obviously you've come back from the dead!
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill "Old Folks Boogie" by Little Feat

Training Log and Assorted Brain Droppings

Quote Originally Posted by "1165dwj" post=1006609
    Nice little solo there Bytsi! Granny is still singing it! Good for her .
    x 2! :cheer:
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill "Old Folks Boogie" by Little Feat

Training Log and Assorted Brain Droppings

Quote Originally Posted by "SilverLocks" post=1006673
    Holy Mackerel! hmy: This was all on one day? I'm going to start clapping chalk -- inhaling it seems give you a major strength boost!
    I need to inhale some of that chalk, I need to become a CHALK HEAD if that is what it does to ya...... LOL

Hey guys... thanks for saying hi and checking out the videos

As for the chalk - I just clap it, was I supposed to inhale??? :blink:

The Chalk Clapping Pink Clothing Workout - Cycle 2 A4

Warmup

Foam Roll

Sumo Deadlift - 5x90#, 2x10x140# (HATE high reps)

Front Squat - 5x45#, 2x10x65# (yup. still hate 'em)

Dumbbell Bench - 5x40#(e), 5x45#(e), 5x50#(e), 7x50#(e), 5x55#(e)

Cable Row - 5x100#, 5x120#, 3x130#, 2x140#, 1x145#, 1x150#

Barbell Metabolic Complex 45# bar x 5, 4, 3, 3, 3:
    RDL
    Bent Row
    Clean & Jerk

Yoga - 60
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

Yeah, this "30 seconds to reply" thing is annoying. I knew what I wanted to write in my log, after I finished replying in another log, but had to sit and twiddle my thumbs. I get that maybe you can't hit "submit" quickly, but at least let me start typing :angry:

This is the end of my 2nd cycle of this workout, and so far I like it and I think it's working too - my goal is to get stronger (no set #s, just stronger), feel good, ENJOY the workouts, and GET BETTER/HEAVIER SQUATS!!!

The Chalk Clapping Pink Clothing Workout - Cycle 2 B4

Warmup

Foam Roll

Back Squat - 5x65#, 2x10x85#

Rack Pull - 5x135#, 2x10x185#

Jerk - 5x65#, 3x75#, 3x85#, 2x90#, 1x95#, 100#, 105#, 2x110# FAIL -- I got the bar up and straight over my head, but it was a press-out and just ugly, so I tried again. I just wasn't dropping under it well at all, had an equally ugly 2nd attempt. I guess a 5# PR is still ok, but I wanted to get that 110# :whistle:

Pullups - 3x2, 2x2 with pause at bottom, 6 w/ band assist

No finisher, no yoga - schedule is all wonky due to gym and yoga not being around tomorrow (July 4), so just glad to get the lift in, at least...
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

Congrats on your Jerk PR!
    Tom

Curling in the squat rack is like crapping in a urinal - Tony Gentilcore

Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera

Quote Originally Posted by "stingo" post=1006941
    Congrats on your Jerk PR!
    Thanks, Tom

I've been doing yoga, but not lifting this week (maybe I'll do something one day) before starting cycle 3 next week...

Wishing this forum was back the way it used to be, so sadly not feeling like posting a lot. And this morning it's impossible to read due to the new color scheme, so... yeah...
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

Do-Da-Dippity

Hi. Stopping by to say hello. OMG the new forum makes me insane with how slow it is. I liked the old format because I could pop in and check everything out really quickly while I was working, but now it's just time suck and annoying.

What's new?

Do-Da-Dippity

Hey Jill
    The slow loads are killing me too, haven't even bothered to log my lifting from Friday in here... I did C&J's "for fun" up to singles at 85#. Whee.

Back at my regular programming next week...

Lots of good stuff happening with the fiddling - possible additional teaching position (but probably not, commute might be too much), and forming a new band with one member from my former band - our first practice is Monday night.

I miss the way this place used to be.
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

Do-Da-Dippity

What was the result of Alan tinkering with your diet a while back? Notice anything new?

I love that you have the strength to pop 105 pounds overhead like nobody's business. Really cool.

Hey Caren - for some reason now I don't get notified of new posts in here :whistle:

Anyway... I guess I haven't been updating on my diet stuff. I weighed in once at the beginning of July (not at all in June), and now I'm off weighing again. I'm focusing on positive self-talk and trying to relearn my real hunger and satiety cues, and making choices in food based on a healthy balance of enjoying food and eating to take care of myself... it's going to be a long-term project, I think.

I'm not happy with the scale weight, nor the fit of my clothes. But I'm ok with not going on any more strict diets right now. I report my intake to Alan, and also daily reports of my mood and thoughts about food and my body -- I'm definitely moving toward a better emotional place.

Yesterday I did some sprints. Today I lifted.

The Chalk Clapping Pink Clothing Workout - Cycle 3 A1

Warmup

Foam Roll

Sumo Deadlift - 5x90#, 5x140#, 3x5x175#

Front Squat - 5x45#, 5x65#, 3x5x80#

Dumbbell Bench - 2x10x40#

Inverted Row - 2x10

Treadmill - Planning on 1 hour (3 miles) this afternoon.
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

I know you do yoga in Hudson. Did you know about this place?

http://www.jandyoga.com/

I just happened to be in Hudson at lunch today and was cutting through to 303 and saw it.

Every time I've tried yoga in the past, I've failed miserably. My type A personality just doesn't seem to jive well with it. HOWEVER, with everything going on right now in my life (both dad and sis are ill, car accident, etc) and everything on my plate, I was thinking maybe something along the lines of yoga would be good for me. I'm banned from the gym for a while longer because of my accident (my left arm was numb and spasming), but I'm feeling much better now. I think I'll be released to return to training this week.
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by "missjane" post=1007363
    I know you do yoga in Hudson. Did you know about this place?

http://www.jandyoga.com/

I just happened to be in Hudson at lunch today and was cutting through to 303 and saw it.

Every time I've tried yoga in the past, I've failed miserably. My type A personality just doesn't seem to jive well with it. HOWEVER, with everything going on right now in my life (both dad and sis are ill, car accident, etc) and everything on my plate, I was thinking maybe something along the lines of yoga would be good for me. I'm banned from the gym for a while longer because of my accident (my left arm was numb and spasming), but I'm feeling much better now. I think I'll be released to return to training this week.
    Sorry to hear about all the bad stuff

I've only done yoga once in Hudson and it wasn't at that studio - but I saw the class description. I'd recommend the power vinyasa (it's probably closest to the style I do, and more designed for American type-A's), just based on the website, but I don't know any of their teachers or their style specifically.

If you want to try a weekend class, I still go almost every Saturday morning to a wonderful and very challenging 9:30 class in Beachwood and you're welcome to come try it with us...
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

For some reason I thought you went to Yoga Lounge. Not sure why I thought that?? I'm pretty sure that this place is very new. I'm in Hudson quite a bit and I don't recall ever seeing the sign until today.

I'm not sure I'm up for challenging...LOL! More like the beginner-beginner class.
    Jane

"Knowing that you would have wanted it this way, I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day" Chicago