Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: STOP. BREATHE. REFLECT. CHOOSE. (Lori's Jan. - June 2013 Challenge Log)

STOP. BREATHE. REFLECT. CHOOSE. (Lori's Jan. - June 2013 Challenge Log)

Quote Originally Posted by "Karen411":2dgamw8q
    Hi Lori! Nice to see you back and hope you continue to enjoy working with the new trainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Lightfoot":2dgamw8q
    One hour of awesomeness. Good for you, Lori!! Glad to see you back!
    Quote Originally Posted by "Beeps2011":2dgamw8q
    I agree that torture = awesomeness....particularly if it's somebody ELSE'S torture to endure (and not my own), lol.

Welcome to a GREAT SPRING INITIATION, LORI!
    Thank you ladies!
    I.am.so.sore.
    Tomorrow will be worse. Oh joy.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

My log

Glad to see you are getting back into your groove!

Quote Originally Posted by "1165dwj":2ndlgxeo
    Glad to see you are getting back into your groove!
    Thanks! Feeling so very sore today... especially my biceps. They hurt more than they have ever hurt before. I've been taking ibuprofen and stretching them a lot today. Hope they are better tomorrow. Yowza.

Got in just shy of an hour of cardio this morning. Combination of 30 min on the motion trainer (like an elliptical/stairmaster combo), then did 2-min segments on Jacobs Ladder twice, then finished up with 18 min on the treadmill, with varying incline. I even jogged 3 times for 2 minutes at a time... gotta start somewhere, right? Our school is participating in a 5K in June, so I want to be able to run the whole thing at that point.

On a personal note, I had a very enlightening session with my counselor last night. I have definitely been dragging my feet on the divorce issue, and it is starting to have an effect on my kids. I accused my husband last week of f*ing up the boys because of the way he treats them/talks to them sometimes, but I had a moment of clarity yesterday where I realized the I am just as guilty of f*ing them up by continuing to hang on to this marriage. I called a lawyer today. Had to leave a voicemail, which was disappointing, but at least I called. Will try again tomorrow. I have GOT to get this done. Fear is not a reason for doing nothing.

My log

Sounds like yesterday was a day full of break throughs in both your physical and mental well being, Lori. Talk about positive steps!
    My log can be viewed here.

Quote Originally Posted by "Lightfoot":t27604pb
    Sounds like yesterday was a day full of break throughs in both your physical and mental well being, Lori. Talk about positive steps!
    Agreed, and thanks! I appreciate the support. I heard back from the lawyer today, and I have an appt. for next Friday afternoon. I'm moving forward.

Went to a really fun Zumba class tonight. Good workout. My arms FINALLY feel better tonight. They were still killing me this morning. Planning on spinning tomorrow morning.

My log

I'm glad you are taking steps to talk to a lawyer - smart!
    Here's my fitness log: http://www.jpfitness.com/index.php/f...-beeps-is-back

Glad to see things are moving in the right direction for you Lori.

Hey all... haven't been around much lately, so I thought I'd post an update in case anyone is wondering what's up with me.

On the fitness front, I have met with my new trainer 3 times now, and she is awesome. I have only had to pay for one session, too.... sweet. The first one was free, and she set her alarm wrong and missed half of the second, so she gave me another whole hour later in that same week. I have been doing the program on my own twice per week but I plan to do 3x most weeks. I've also been pretty consistent with Zumba and gotten some spinning in too.... so things are going reasonably well. I just need to control my eating better... *sigh*. I can go most of the day pretty well but then sabotage myself too often. I am definitely a stress eater... I know this about myself. I need to figure out how to get past that, because the stress in my life is only going to get worse for awhile.....

.... which leads to my other update.
    I have hired a lawyer to proceed with divorce. He is wonderful, but not cheap. My sister loaned me the money to pay half of his retainer, which is all he's asking for right now. His normal retainer is $5000, but given my "modest" income, he scaled it back to $3500, which I very much appreciated. It is still very expensive, but I honestly feel like I need a lawyer who will protect my interests... and he is recommended by more than one person I know. I researched lawyers a few years ago, and this is the going rate for divorces where kids are involved. I am going to hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Anyway, I'm meeting with him today at 2:30.... so positive thoughts are welcome.

My log

(((Lori)))

....baby steps....

And - "one day at a time".

You're gonna be "just fine" - I promise!
    Here's my fitness log: http://www.jpfitness.com/index.php/f...-beeps-is-back

Thanks Beeps! I know I will be SO much happier on the other side of all this, as will my boys.... that's what will keep me going.

Good meeting today. My lawyer gave me some paperwork to fill out and return, and once that is done, he'll be ready to file. Now I just have to tell Arthur..... eek.

My log

Good luck with all the changes... they've been a long time coming though, and I think you're ready. I'm glad your sister is there to support you too.
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi":82b0j6io
    Good luck with all the changes... they've been a long time coming though, and I think you're ready. I'm glad your sister is there to support you too.
    I think so too..... thanks Bytsi. My sister and brother are both going to be huge supporters, and I'm lucky to have many good friends who will be there for me too - both in real life AND online.

My log

Hey Lori, miss you! Glad things are moving along in a forward direction for you. I too am a stress eater and when you figure out how to stop it, please tell Momma.

Sending you best wishes and happy vibes with moving forward with your fitness and your personal life.

Thanks, Momma! Not sure I'm EVER going to figure out the stress eating thing.... *sigh*.

My log

((hugs))

Quote Originally Posted by "lorigaud":3stdbild
    Thanks, Momma! Not sure I'm EVER going to figure out the stress eating thing.... *sigh*.
    We will get there one day Lori, I just know we will!

Re: STOP. BREATHE. REFLECT. CHOOSE. (Lori's Jan. - June 2013 Challenge Log)

Good Lord... it's a workout! :P

After not having done much of anything for the past month except stress eat (OMG), I am tentatively going to say that this has been a good week (don't want to jinx it though).

Food has been pretty consistently good, with little slip ups here and there, and not perfect tracking... but far better than it has been. I have been more or less without Diet Pepsi for the better part of 3 weeks now, and that is a good feeling. This week I really revved up the water consumption too... aiming for about 3L per day. I have a Poland Spring bottle that I have been refilling so that I can keep track of my intake better.

Went to Zumba Friday night, and followed it up Saturday morning with the workout that I got from my trainer Karen a while back (and haven't used much, sadly). Here it is:

5 min warm up on treadmill

Series 1 (twice)
    Step over and back (blue band) 1 minute
    20 jumping jacks
    Wall squat w/ alternating bicep curls 8# x 20

Series 2 (twice)
    Squat band rows, bring arms back as you stand (blue band) x 20
    Band jumping jacks (red band) x 20
    Band under feet alternating bicep curls (red band) x 20

Series 3 (twice)
    S/L two handed tricep raises 10# x 15, repeat with other leg
    Alternating forward lunges w/ bicep curls 8# x 12
    Back alternating lunges w/ shoulder raises 5# x 20

Series 4 (twice)
    Hamstring kicks w/ sliders x 20 (on mat)
    One arm alternating push ups on mat x 10e
    Side steps x 10e (green band around ankles)
    Wall squat knees in and out x 20 (green band around ankles)

Abs
    Ball-hand exchange x 12
    Full sit-up 8# medicine ball tap behind head x 20
    Lower abs - knees to chest, tap heels x 20
    Side twists 8# medicine ball x 20

Feeling pretty sore today, but that's a good thing. Planning to repeat it tomorrow morning. Possible Zumba tomorrow night if I can fit it in.... but I want to be wary of trying to overdo and getting into my usual pattern of all or nothing.

On the home front, things haven't progressed a whole lot since the last time I checked in. I have submitted all of my paperwork to my lawyer and it's being finalized right now. My plan is to present it to Arthur before the end of the month. I actually tried to have a conversation with him about this last week, but I think he's in denial. I didn't actually come out and say the words "I want a divorce", so maybe he thinks he stands a chance. He's been cleaning and fixing stuff like crazy this week... which, while it is good, will probably piss him off more once he realizes that it's all been for naught. Ugh.

My log

Skipped the gym this morning in favor of a bit more sleep... 6 hours has been my norm, and I definitely need more.

Did go to an hour long Zumba class tonight and it kicked my ass. Felt great! Good job with food and tracking today... feeling in control right now, and I like that feeling a LOT. Gotta keep it going. :woohoo:

My log

Hey Lori miss seeing you around these parts! Glad you are doing well!

Hi Lori.