Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues/Comments on New Forum

Re: Issues/Comments on New Forum

Everything seems a lot faster now.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mahler" post=1004123
    Quote Originally Posted by "Roland Denzel" post=1004105
    Sometime "My Topics" goes away. It was there a little while ago, but now it's gone.
    It's been obscured by the "cloud." :P
    Bwahahahaha!
    www.youtube.com/jpfitness <--- My channel

Like us on Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/jpfitnessforums

I wasn't able to find my original post. I apologies in advance if I am being pushy.

Any luck on the copy/paste functionality using iPads?

C
    My training log: http://www.jpfitness.com/index.php/f...s-training-log

It's a lifestyle train like there's no finish line

I just figured something out- apologies if I'm a little slow to come to this realization.
    The "new" designation in Recent Topics expires after a time. I'm not sure what the timing is, but if you don't read it, it just goes away and looks like you have.
    As an example, I know I have not read the recent MMM. I know it showed as new the day it posted. I still have not read it and nothing shows as new anymore. And I see that Roland replied.
    So if I breeze in and look quickly for the green to see what's happened lately that I haven't read -- no good.
    Approach with caution - I'm keto-adapting

WARNING: Written in minutes and fact-checked in seconds via Google. May contain unsafe levels of self-righteousness. Past cleverness is no guarantee of future results.

Training Log

"Please! One piece of pie won't make the difference and there's plenty of time to catch up! Each individual piece of pie is totally worth it."

Quote Originally Posted by "LisaS" post=1004486
    I just figured something out- apologies if I'm a little slow to come to this realization.
    The "new" designation in Recent Topics expires after a time. I'm not sure what the timing is, but if you don't read it, it just goes away and looks like you have.
    As an example, I know I have not read the recent MMM. I know it showed as new the day it posted. I still have not read it and nothing shows as new anymore. And I see that Roland replied.
    So if I breeze in and look quickly for the green to see what's happened lately that I haven't read -- no good.
    YES!! This is terrible!! In my opinion, this ill handling of "new" items and the way the read and unread threads look the same (in the old forum the unread threads were still bolded while the reads were regular type) and the biggest things that need to be fixed ASAP.

In the same vein, the relative time stamp of threads is uber annoying even though it doesn't make you miss something when you don't know a thread to which you've subscribed.

It's because it's actually new, not "new for you." ie, it's also there if you're not logged in.

I don't think it's actually keeping any sort of track of what you have and haven't read. There's nothing I've seen that makes me think it has. I assume it's something not yet turned on, but for all I know it just isn't even something the forums can do.

It'd sure be nice to have some way to get our old subscriptions back. Some of the threads I've kept subbed to are very old and I use for reference. Digging for that would be such a royal pain in the ass I don't even want to contemplate it. It was bad enough finding my current log, something that hasn't been posted in a year would be an atrocious task.
    Werkit.com - Training logs that make you more efficient at the gym.

training log

"Do the math: How much of your time is spent consuming things other people made (TV, music, video games, websites) versus making your own? Only one of those adds to your value as a human being."
    -David Wong

Is there a way to preview posts?
    Looking for some fitness product reviews? Check out http://www.otpproductreview.com/

in the reply window, on the row editing icons (bold, quote, link, etc), on the far right are two window pane icons (just left of the help question mark). These will open a preview pane either under where you type or on the right. It is a live preview, see as you type or format.

WARNING: Written in minutes and fact-checked in seconds via Google. May contain unsafe levels of self-righteousness. Past cleverness is no guarantee of future results.

Training Log

"Please! One piece of pie won't make the difference and there's plenty of time to catch up! Each individual piece of pie is totally worth it."

It's been a while now, so just wondering if this is the final form that the forums are going to take, or are more changes/fixes still pending?

Is there any chance of

1) multi-quote coming back

2) absolute time stamps instead of "x hours ago"

3) tracking read/unread instead of seemingly-random "new post" marks

4) making the colors a bit easier to read, especially signatures and the like

Thanks
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi" post=1005705
    It's been a while now, so just wondering if this is the final form that the forums are going to take, or are more changes/fixes still pending?

Is there any chance of

Thanks
    All good points. I preferred the old set up in which I could easily find the days posts. It's possible today, but it's a pain in the ass.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi" post=1005705

Is there any chance of

Thanks
    Bump!! Any update??

this is SUPER frustrating!!!!!!!! I've been gone off and on (mostly off) for about three weeks and the "new posts" thing makes it sooooo hard to keep up with my friends. Nothing was marked because the seemingly random "newness" had expired even though I hadn't read the thread!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGG!

Is there ANY update on the status of these items?? The only thing that I can tell that's changed since I've been back is I keep having to log in, although I've said "remember me" about 100 times.

HELP!!!

Just just had a two hour conference call with my web guys on these very topics. Color scheme will be changing very soon. The remember me thing drives me crazy too! Currently the system just automatically logs you out after 15 minutes of nonactivity. We're working on it. Sorry it's taking so long!
    www.youtube.com/jpfitness <--- My channel

Like us on Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/jpfitnessforums

Thanks JP -- will they be doing the time-stamp and new post things too?

Also - now there is a pop-up box asking me to log in and/or have my activation resent -- it comes up EVERY TIME I switch to a new topic or screen, even though I'm still logged in...
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

In addition to the pop-up message, I now have a message that tells me "You have entered information to an obsolete form from another session. Please verify that the user account is yours and please try again!" every time I try to post.

I don't get the pop-up, but the forum's been logging me out.

ETA: I just got the pop-up! At least I'm able to post this, though.
    All whiners will be buried in shallow and unmarked graves. - Bad Ben

My occasional workouts are posted here

I'm getting the pop-up and getting logged out. This just started yesterday for me. Quite annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by "trencherman" post=1006200
    I'm getting the pop-up and getting logged out. This just started yesterday for me. Quite annoying.
    This is happening to me too. Must. Post. Fast. :angry: :angry: :angry:

My advice is just keep closing the box and hitting submit.... until the site submits.......

THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JP,

It is my strong suggestion that you turn off public access to the forum until this issue is worked out (and the others on the short list while you're at it). It is extremely frustrating to your regulars...the ones who have built relationships here and want to virtually hang out together. I can't imagine the frustration of someone new to our neighborhood.

Maybe in your redirect you could just send them to the FB page?

Help! We want to still love the site and still be here but the frustration level is rising!

Haven't had the box or log-out problem yet here, but I sympathize.

Training Log