Thread: Is this the book for me?

Is this the book for me?

[attachment]image.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment]image.jpg[/attachment]

Hi all!

I'm wondering if you can help me out here. I have been doing a program that involves a 4 day split, and though I've seen some progress, I'd like to try something different out. Though I haven't measured in a while, I think I'm roughly 20% body fat and looking to get to about 15%. I have it set as a 'maybe' goal to compete in the INBA bikini division in the (far) future. Would supercharged help me out here? I've read it and love it, but I'm not sure if it will help me with my goals.

On average I eat 2000cals a day, weigh 126 and am 5 7. I've attached a picture so you can see what I'm working with.

Thanks in advance :-)

Re: Is this the book for me?

Ok iPad isn't working with me tonight- I can't attach the pic

I absolutely hate to say this, but if your goal is to compete as a physique athlete, the NROL books aren't for you, at least not as a primary program. I don't follow the sport, but I've never heard of anybody reaching that level without lifting at least 4x a week and doing split routines.

Where NROL might help you is in broadening your repertoire -- lots of exercise substitutions you can use, for example. But on stage you're being judged on the shape and symmetry of individual muscles, and these aren't the programs for that outcome.

(Did I mention how much I hate to say this?)

Oh no! I was hoping that since bikini is a 'softer' look that this program would be ok...that's a shame as it looks fantastic.

Thank you for getting back to me :-)

You can certainly try it, and it could work, as long as you're doing something else on the days in between (metabolic training, cardio, maybe supplemental band work or calisthenics). At minimum I would think you should add supplemental arm, shoulder, and/or calf work at the end. You know the people you're competing against will do all that.

But I say that as someone with absolutely no background or expertise in any kind of physique competition. If anyone reading this has better advice, now's the time to jump in!

Quote Originally Posted by "Lou Schuler" post=1005169
    I absolutely hate to say this, but if your goal is to compete as a physique athlete, the NROL books aren't for you, at least not as a primary program. I don't follow the sport, but I've never heard of anybody reaching that level without lifting at least 4x a week and doing split routines.

Where NROL might help you is in broadening your repertoire -- lots of exercise substitutions you can use, for example. But on stage you're being judged on the shape and symmetry of individual muscles, and these aren't the programs for that outcome.

(Did I mention how much I hate to say this?)
    Lou,
    What are some books you'd recommend for someone who wants to compete as a physique athlete. It's not me, but I read all I can and often find things of value in nearly every bodybuilding book I've read. And I've read hundreds starting at age 14.
    Tony