Thread: Problems with forum

Problems with forum

Is there a problem going on I keep getting booted out.

Re: Problems with forum

Yes. Check out the thread in off-topic -- you're not the only one, and I hope it's fixed soon. And hoping this post will actually show up since that damned box keeps popping up every few seconds :angry: :angry: :angry:
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi" post=1006248
    Yes. Check out the thread in off-topic -- you're not the only one, and I hope it's fixed soon. And hoping this post will actually show up since that damned box keeps popping up every few seconds :angry: :angry: :angry:
    Thanks Bytsi glad it is not on my end.

It keeps happening to me too-a sign in form pops up as though I had never signed in!!! I hope it gets fixed soon-I tire of -oops there it is!-trying to post and then it telling me I can't because I'm not signed in! And i AM!

This is what I am getting:

You have entered information to an obsolete form from another session. Please verify that the user account is yours and please try again!

But that makes zero sense.

RedLefty pointed out that he thought he had been posting to the 365 Movies thread - which indeed was the case. He and I were the only ones on it, but it looks like his posts were attributed to Avogadro...
    Tom

Curling in the squat rack is like crapping in a urinal - Tony Gentilcore

Training Log, Progress Pictures, Kitchen Adventures, Classical Music Library, Extra Life, Mundane Ephemera

Rancho Santa Margarita, California. A short walk t

Yesterday, I read a post and all the avatars were mine instead of the ones they should have been.

Movember is coming...

Get The Mustache Workout and support a cure for prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and men's mental health.

Roland Denzel @
    EatWellMoveWell.com

Author of Man on Top and The Real Food Reset

Stop by my training log The Madness of Roland

Quote Originally Posted by "Roland Denzel" post=1006534
    Yesterday, I read a post and all the avatars were mine instead of the ones they should have been.
    Next up. World conquest. :evil:
    In Fitness & Friendship,
    MAHLER

Member of the Million Pound Club - Deadlift 4,450 x 225

Anyone else having new problems logging into the forum?

I can't get in on IE10 unless I use compatibility mode. However, that mode cuts off many of the features like holding text or preview.

I can't log in using chrome, I just keep getting the circular error "invalid token"

I can log in on an iPad - so I know the use rid and password work

WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by "TomK" post=1007107

I can't get in on IE10 unless I use compatibility mode. However, that mode cuts off many of the features like holding text or preview.

I can't log in using chrome, I just keep getting the circular error "invalid token"

WTF?
    The invalid token thing just happened to me a few moments ago with Firefox. I removed the jpfitness.com cookies, and was then able to log in.

Quote Originally Posted by "trencherman" post=1007111
    Quote Originally Posted by "TomK" post=1007107

WTF?
    The invalid token thing just happened to me a few moments ago with Firefox. I removed the jpfitness.com cookies, and was then able to log in.
    That finally worked for me after two cleanings and a restart.

Gotta be a better way to transition a forum.

We will probably go live with the updated forum software today. We've been testing it all week on a dev server and so far it seems to not have the login problems. Plus "remember me" sorta kinda works. It doesn't automatically log you in, but the window where you log in already had your username and password filled out to where all you have to do is hit the login button. My pref would be that it works exactly like the old forum software did, and we are working on that, but this will certainly be a LOT less annoying that the current version.

Also, we modified the color-scheme. I'll give everyone a heads up when we start the upgrade on the live server.
    www.youtube.com/jpfitness <--- My channel

Like us on Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/jpfitnessforums

White text on light gray background is IMPOSSIBLE to read!!! I had to find this thread by hit-or-miss because I can't make out any of the titles...
    Bytsi

My Workout Log

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition." -- Alan Aragon

Quote Originally Posted by "Bytsi" post=1007201
    White text on light gray background is IMPOSSIBLE to read!!! I had to find this thread by hit-or-miss because I can't make out any of the titles...
    Yeah I didn't know if my page just wasn't loading right or something.

oh this is my first post, weird.

Don't know why that happened, but it's fixed now.
    www.youtube.com/jpfitness <--- My channel

Like us on Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/jpfitnessforums

I had problems logging in with my smartphone on both a wireless and mobile data network.
    Anyway, I just wanted to say it seems to be fixed now so thanks!