Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 1557
  1. #421

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    Quote Originally Posted by "Heather F":c9xug6ys
    That's fantastic that you introduced your niece to that program. Hopefully she'll be recovered for the next one on Tuesday!!
    Hopefully I am recovered (lol)!

  2. #422

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    Quote Originally Posted by "1165dwj":29n2g7ty
    Hopefully I am recovered (lol)!
    True true!

  3. #423
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    2,396

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    Quote Originally Posted by "1165dwj":38ixaf9i
    Hopefully I am recovered (lol)!
    Glad to see you're working so hard!

  4. #424

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    Quote Originally Posted by "RunningMama":3mo5zcm9
    Glad to see you're working so hard!
    Thanks RunningMama, but no where near as hard as you do girl! I also need to be working harder on not shoving so much food in my mouth, my appetite has been off the charts lately!

  5. #425

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    LOL - this is the message I received via text yesterday from my Niece regarding her first NRLFL workout on Sunday with me:

    "I have a 2 year old to take care of... I can barely move, walk, blink...
    I'm not sure if I can do it again tomorrow. I mean literally, my whole body hurts!"


    LOL - She is a real trooper though - she called me last night on the phone and said that she is coming to be tortured again this afternoon(lol).

  6. #426
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    2,396

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    I *love* how INFECTIOUS this program is! (and, more importantly, I expect you have a very infectious personality and I'm glad niece can FEED off it!)

  7. #427

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    Quote Originally Posted by "Beeps2011":2i2fgsqi
    I *love* how INFECTIOUS this program is! (and, more importantly, I expect you have a very infectious personality and I'm glad niece can FEED off it!)
    Thanks Beeps. Yeah I agree, when I started the womens book I fell in love with lifting. I was clueless before that - the book really opened my eyes!

  8. #428

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    Quote Originally Posted by "1165dwj":ph5zwhpa
    LOL - this is the message I received via text yesterday from my Niece regarding her first NRLFL workout on Sunday with me:

    "I have a 2 year old to take care of... I can barely move, walk, blink...
    I'm not sure if I can do it again tomorrow. I mean literally, my whole body hurts!"


    LOL - She is a real trooper though - she called me last night on the phone and said that she is coming to be tortured again this afternoon(lol).
    Hahaha! I love it! I bet she's now hooked though! I don't think any other workouts top the agony of the initial introduction to real lifting.

  9. #429

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    Well my niece did not work out with me last night, she said she was still too sore so I told her to take it easy, it takes time to get used to. So I went at it all AWONE (LOL).

    Warmup

    Plank w/reduced base of support (arm & leg in air) - this was killa! I could only hold on each arm for about 25 seconds and I am sure my form was not that good X2

    Side plank w/row: 2X12 black band

    I had screwed up on the prior workout so I did imaginary box jumps on this one 2X5

    Hip extensions from floor - I attempted to do on the ball the last time and my lower back did not feel good for a few days after doing them from the ball so I am just doing them from the floor to try and build up my glutes, etc. - believe me that is going to take a lot of buiding (lol) - Big Momma got lots of back! 2X15

    Elevated pushups 2X15

    Split squat - 2X15X10lbs(e)

    Standing cable row 2X15Xblack band

    Stretch

    I really need to try and get in the metabolic stuff at the end. I seem to run out of time. It gets so late just doing the above that I try and hurry because I dont want to be eating dinner at 9:00 p.m. I really need to try and get in those 10 minutes I am sure it would do me a world of good!

    I don't know how I feel about attemtping to create my own workout - I am somewhat following the template in the book. There are too many choices (lol).

  10. #430
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    2,396

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    I think one of the *best* things, for me, with NROL4W is that the work-outs are all laid out! I have enough stress in my life on a daily basis, without having to worry about "what the heck" I'm supposed to be doing in the gym. (I think this is why group-cardio classes appealed to me, so much, for so many years....just "follow the leader" and I got a work-out in!)

    So, I think it's pretty awesome that you are figuring it out and getting it done. I also think the "metabolic" stuff is very important, but I've been quite time-crunched at the gym, too, so I know *exactly* how tough it is to squeeze this in. (For me, if I was doing it at night, I'd NEVER FALL ASLEEP!)

  11. #431

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    Quote Originally Posted by "Beeps2011":m7e9dzkf
    I think one of the *best* things, for me, with NROL4W is that the work-outs are all laid out! I have enough stress in my life on a daily basis, without having to worry about "what the heck" I'm supposed to be doing in the gym. (I think this is why group-cardio classes appealed to me, so much, for so many years....just "follow the leader" and I got a work-out in!)

    So, I think it's pretty awesome that you are figuring it out and getting it done. I also think the "metabolic" stuff is very important, but I've been quite time-crunched at the gym, too, so I know *exactly* how tough it is to squeeze this in. (For me, if I was doing it at night, I'd NEVER FALL ASLEEP!)
    It does take some thinking and planning (something I'm not good at LOL) with creating my own workout but luckily there are suggested workouts listed in the book. It will take some trial and error on my part for sure.

    It sucks working out so late, I typically dont start until 6:30ish or 7:00 p.m. because I don't get home from work until 6:00 p.m. and by the time I finish working out it is after 8:00 p.m. and I still have to cook, eat, dishes & shower but I wouldn't be happy if I wasn't bitching about it (lol). I could bite the bullet and get up at 5:30 a.m. but I ain't no morning person (lol).

  12. #432
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    2,396

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    The 5:30 am thing would be fine, for me, in the summer....but, in the dark of winter, it ain't never gonna happen!

    For YEARS I *loved* working out at about 7:30 pm....had dinner in my belly and would work out and a great stretch afterward. But, now that I'm in my 40's, if I work out later than, say, finishing at 7:30 pm, I just cannot fall asleep. Weird.

  13. #433
    Senior Member LisaS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Orange Cty, CA
    Posts
    12,520

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    Is there any chance for change in your work hours? I was able to move my start time back 90 minutes to make more time at the end of the day. I could have just moved my alarm to 0530 and worked out. But it worked better for me to just lengthen the morning walk with the dogs a little and then start work earlier and have most of the extra time at the end of the day.

  14. #434

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    Quote Originally Posted by "LisaS":149giihn
    Is there any chance for change in your work hours? I was able to move my start time back 90 minutes to make more time at the end of the day. I could have just moved my alarm to 0530 and worked out. But it worked better for me to just lengthen the morning walk with the dogs a little and then start work earlier and have most of the extra time at the end of the day.
    Boy I wish I could. Unfortunately I work for 4 lawyers and 3 of them are last minute guys! They wait until 5:00 to give me stuff, happens just about every day! I had suggested moving my schedule up by 1/2 and 2 of them said no way as they are late starters (ugh).

  15. #435
    butterbeean
    Guest

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    It's great to flip through your training log and see how you are progressing through the exercise levels in the new program. I'm excited for you!
    Oh, also ... seeing how close you've become with your pedometer, I wanted to share a life-changing web site with you. It's: http://walking.about.com/cs/measure/a/webwalkingusa.htm
    It adds an interesting twist to counting steps. I actually did the whole coast-to-coast hike - step for step. It took me almost four years.
    Do you feel like you are still on target with your January goals?

  16. #436

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    Quote Originally Posted by "butterbeean":g4auzf68
    It's great to flip through your training log and see how you are progressing through the exercise levels in the new program. I'm excited for you!
    Oh, also ... seeing how close you've become with your pedometer, I wanted to share a life-changing web site with you. It's: http://walking.about.com/cs/measure/a/webwalkingusa.htm
    It adds an interesting twist to counting steps. I actually did the whole coast-to-coast hike - step for step. It took me almost four years.
    Do you feel like you are still on target with your January goals?
    Thanks for stopping by Butterbeean and I will definitely check out the link. Getting my steps in is still a struggle so I need all the help I can get.

    Wish I was still on target with my January goals, I have stalled out, let life and the "old excuses catch up with me" but I am still hanging in there trying to get in at least my lifting sessions but it has been a struggle lately to get them in, no reason other than my laziness - but I am still slowly plugging away and have high hopes for sure!

    Again thank you for stopping by and for the link which I am going to check out for sure.

  17. #437
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    2,396

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    I think the "slowly plugging away" is still a marker of "success". Don't ever deny that "effort" = "progress".

  18. #438

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    I finally got off of my duff and forced my lazy arse to workout last night, didn't have it in me but my two sisters pushed me into submission via a phone call (lol). I struggled somewhat lifting last night, did not feel strong at all and my lower back was sore so I lowered the weight on my goblet squats. It is imperative for me get my lifting sessions in, I do not want to back slide and only lifting two days a week ain't cutting it! I need to get in that third workout day!

    Warmup
    I went back to regular planks because my lower back was not feeling up to a more advanced exercise and I struggled with the regular one for some reason - lower back just was not feeling good last night!

    Front Plank 70 sec, 60 sec

    Side plank arm in air 2X45 L&R

    Imaginary box jumps 2X5

    Goblet squats 2X15X35lbs

    Standing cable row 2X15Xblack band

    Step ups 2X15X20lbs(e)

    Push ups elevated 2X15

    I was spent by the end of the workout so I only walked on treadmill for a couple of minutes but I am glad I got in a workout even though I lowered the weights a little and could not seem to hold my front plank as long but I don't want to pull my back out for sure - it is a little stiff and sore this morning, hoping in a day or so it will subside!

  19. #439

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    Quote Originally Posted by "Beeps2011":3f0xqzqk
    I think the "slowly plugging away" is still a marker of "success". Don't ever deny that "effort" = "progress".
    Your right Beeps thanks!

  20. #440

    I'm a Little Girl Trapped in a Big Girl's Body - 2012 Challenge Log

    Keep hanging in there!!! You are worth it.

    When I find myself struggling to hit the gym, I try to remember what my original motivation is for why it's important to me to get and stay as healthy as I can. And I also remind myself that I am such a b*tch when I don't go regularly.

    The other thing that has helped me recently has been to set little goals for myself along with way, and it's usually about numbers- a set number in my head that I want to be able to squat, a certain # of chin ups, etc. Right now, I want to be able to do 50 push ups in a row, all with good form. So, each time I'm able to do a few more on the way to that 50, it's like a little "win" for me. And someday, when I can do 50, I'll start thinking if I can do 50, why not 75? Then why not 100? So there's always something specific to keep moving toward. (Who knew push ups could be so exciting??)

Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •